2010 Puerto Rico Proshot Discussion **NO LINKS**

53 minutes ago, ToonGuns said:

This just makes you wonder how much the band has spent / wasted over the years on professionally recorded stuff just to sit in a vault somewhere. What with this, the UYI docu, London pro shot, south America docu etc. Why?!

not only this. I vaguely remember that somewhere around 2012 or 2013 there was some "contest" to make Sorry music video, not sure if that was official, semi-official, crowd-sourced or what that was. I know of a vid, made by Dale Resteghini (the very same author as Better music video) - that one got unreleased in a similar way as Better. he also did some backing videos, I know about one for Sorry and one for Prostitute.

9 minutes ago, Jw224 said:

So the full thing is out there somewhere? 

originally leaked files (two of them, no idea of which one is the source of the current leak and what's the difference - I only have file names and size) are supposed to be like this:

File Name     Size  Last Changed     

FortusSOLO.mov    392.77 MB    04.01.11 14:45:49
GNR-San Juan.mov.zip    1.3 GB    20.05.10 08:49:30
GnRSanJuan.mov    899.98 MB    23.05.10 22:36:05

when looking at this for about 10th time, it looks like the original data were one ZIP archive, which may or may not included the other two MOV files.

again, I have no idea what those files contain, I only know the folder structure without being able to download the files themselves.

in my opinion, the currently leaked is not THAT smaller compared to the original MOV. MP4 is also probably more efficient in terms of compression, so smaller MP4 file doesn't neccessarily mean worse quality than bigger MOV file. on the other hand, just the sole fact that it was re-encoded means huge quality loss. so I'd say the original MOV had significantly better quality than this.

• Like 1

It’s so great to hear some of the classics on this. Paradise, SCOM, November Rain, YCBM, all sound crisp on time and vocally outstanding!

then you have street of dreams, LALD, better, and that fire on jungle were incredible. 

If you can’t appreciate the setlist just appreciate the musicianship by Axl. He’s not missing many notes and he seems to be on point with each and every song versus now he gets a little ahead or behind and is missing notes on nearly every song. 

5 minutes ago, IncitingChaos said:

If you can’t appreciate the setlist just appreciate the musicianship by Axl. He’s not missing many notes and he seems to be on point with each and every song versus now he gets a little ahead or behind and is missing notes on nearly every song. 

indeed this 2010 tour was probably the last gasp of the hungry, pumped-up Axl Rose, who was trying to prove himself. what followed was just a sad parody, getting worse year after year.

30 minutes ago, zombux said:

indeed this 2010 tour was probably the last gasp of the hungry, pumped-up Axl Rose, who was trying to prove himself. what followed was just a sad parody, getting worse year after year.

Except 2016 but only because of AC/DC

29 minutes ago, vempirechrist said:

just to make sure...the only available leaks "for no2w" of both Pertop Rico and HOB are these heavily compressed files?

600mb Puerto Rico and 1,4GB HOB is the best you will get. Bigger files do exist but are still hoarded

• Like 1

I said it then, now and forever more..... DJ Ashba is/was the very worst professional guitarist I have ever had the displeasure of encountering.  Absolutely fucking god awful.  What the hell Axl saw in him is beyond my level of comprehension.  Utter shite. 

2 hours ago, IncitingChaos said:

It’s so great to hear some of the classics on this. Paradise, SCOM, November Rain, YCBM, all sound crisp on time and vocally outstanding!

then you have street of dreams, LALD, better, and that fire on jungle were incredible. 

Even though he gets way behind on the Jungle outro... Rose tinted glasses, pardon the pun.

34 minutes ago, cqleonardo said:

what is that?

nothing really interesting... just some video material used to make design sketches, stage mockups with puppets instead of the band, some backing videos used in the projections during songs, and I also a rejected Sorry music video.

this is one of them