2010 Puerto Rico Proshot Discussion **NO LINKS**

4 minutes ago, Nicklord said:

Ashba was still good at that point. It's in 2011 that he started "improvising" and just playing like shit in general 

in other words, he was best when he tried playing Robin's parts note to note? :)  

anyway, I have no problem with him. in his era, the band was burned out anyway, so it was largely irrelevant, who's in the band at the moment.

9 minutes ago, zombux said:

in other words, he was best when he tried playing Robin's parts note to note? :)  

anyway, I have no problem with him. in his era, the band was burned out anyway, so it was largely irrelevant, who's in the band at the moment.

"Tried" being the correct term.  "Failed" is also a correct term.

4 hours ago, zombux said:

originally leaked files (two of them, no idea of which one is the source of the current leak and what's the difference - I only have file names and size) are supposed to be like this:

File Name     Size  Last Changed     

FortusSOLO.mov    392.77 MB    04.01.11 14:45:49
GNR-San Juan.mov.zip    1.3 GB    20.05.10 08:49:30
GnRSanJuan.mov    899.98 MB    23.05.10 22:36:05

when looking at this for about 10th time, it looks like the original data were one ZIP archive, which may or may not included the other two MOV files.

again, I have no idea what those files contain, I only know the folder structure without being able to download the files themselves.

in my opinion, the currently leaked is not THAT smaller compared to the original MOV. MP4 is also probably more efficient in terms of compression, so smaller MP4 file doesn't neccessarily mean worse quality than bigger MOV file. on the other hand, just the sole fact that it was re-encoded means huge quality loss. so I'd say the original MOV had significantly better quality than this.

Resolution was also lowered, the clips Walker uploaded to YouTube were 480p, the file we have is 360p

Btw, is the Fortus Solo file the pro-shot video from Abu Dhabi 2010 of James Bond Solo that was on Y T some years ago?

Edited by fanfzero

37 minutes ago, IncitingChaos said:

I put “fire” next to my description of jungle haha meaning he brought it!

Yeah but you were talking about how Axl gets out of time etc these days yet he did in 2010. 2010 brought rasp but it wasnt perfect by a long shot.

34 minutes ago, fanfzero said:

Resolution was also lowered, the clips Walker uploaded to YouTube were 480p, the file we have is 360p

Btw, is the Fortus Solo file the pro-shot video from Abu Dhabi 2010 of James Bond Solo that was on Y T some years ago?

my information is that "we had that already", this is just supposed to be of "much better quality". I'd say Abu Dhabi is very likely.

19 minutes ago, AxlIsGod. said:

Yeah but you were talking about how Axl gets out of time etc these days yet he did in 2010. 2010 brought rasp but it wasnt perfect by a long shot.

It’s a live show he’s going to get off now and then. Currently he’s messing up quite a bit and missing more notes than a professional singer should miss.

3 hours ago, IncitingChaos said:

It’s a live show he’s going to get off now and then. Currently he’s messing up quite a bit and missing more notes than a professional singer should miss.

For the first few shows of a new run yes. Been that way for a long time. In GnR land, the first 4 or so shows of a new run/tour are warm up shows. at least for Axl.

3 hours ago, CCudder said:

I find this meh. The quality of this is equivalent to a bootleg of someone filming the big screens. 

Yeah, most of the time the camera is filming Axl, other shows like Osaka or Adelaide are better filmed

Do people not find it nice to listen to an entire show knowing Axl is going to be vocally tremendous.? No let down song that he can’t sing...just nailing one after the other. Did anyone go to a 2010 concert and leave disappointed? Excluding those people in Ireland and Reading 

Edited by IncitingChaos

38 minutes ago, IncitingChaos said:

Do people not find it nice to listen to an entire show knowing Axl is going to be vocally tremendous.? No let down song that he can’t sing...just nailing one after the other. Did anyone go to a 2010 concert and leave disappointed? Excluding those people in Ireland and Reading 

at least on video even Ireland sounds awesome

41 minutes ago, IncitingChaos said:

My  ranking of GnR related concerts goes like this:
GnR 2010
Slash 2011
GnR 2016

GnR 2012

(should be bigger gap tho :lol: )

Edited by Nicklord
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, diegodasilva23 said:

Has somebody already extracted the audio and made FLAC or MP3 files of this concert? It would be cool!

what's the point in extracrting from such crappy sounding compressed videos?
better to just await proper rips and then extract it...
if you just want mp3s it can be done via a online youtube converter...

4 hours ago, diegodasilva23 said:

Has somebody already extracted the audio and made FLAC or MP3 files of this concert? It would be cool!

Somebody could/May have done already, but they can’t be posted here either, so there’s not much point asking. And as was already said, the audio on this wouldn’t be lossless, so FLAC would be absolutely pointless anyways. 

9 hours ago, Powerage5 said:

Somebody could/May have done already, but they can’t be posted here either, so there’s not much point asking. And as was already said, the audio on this wouldn’t be lossless, so FLAC would be absolutely pointless anyways. 

I get that the forum doesn't allow links to official songs and stuff. But this is just a bootleg, what are you not allowing it's circullation just like any other bootleg? The only difference is that it was leaked now

43 minutes ago, Manfisman said:

I get that the forum doesn't allow links to official songs and stuff. But this is just a bootleg, what are you not allowing it's circullation just like any other bootleg? The only difference is that it was leaked now

See @downzy's post in this thread linked below. In short, we've been receiving an increasing number of C&D letters for content, even things as innocent as audience recordings of current shows. Given this development, the climate with all the recent leaks, and the fact that this video is essentially stolen property, we can't take the risk and allow links to it, even though it was never slated for official release. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Powerage5 said:

See @downzy's post in this thread linked below. In short, we've been receiving an increasing number of C&D letters for content, even things as innocent as audience recordings of current shows. Given this development, the climate with all the recent leaks, and the fact that this video is essentially stolen property, we can't take the risk and allow links to it, even though it was never slated for official release. 

Even the guy telling you this hates to do it hahaha, that's funny ; ) You're doing a great job, that's what it means.

This "copyrighted" stuff is so retarded. I can understand why they do it, more or less, but still think it's stupid. Thanks to all the guys who record & leak this material.
It's not like we're going to get an official release any time soon.

What's surprising me with GN'R is how strict this kind of stuff is. Compared to a band like, say, Muse. Muse allows almost everything, yet they make shitload of money out of stuff that's already been out, leaked, etc. They don't give a fuck. They know the hardcore fans will buy the official releases no matter what has been leaked. Also, Matt Bellamy has begun playing some extremely rare material early this year... it's fucking incredible. I wish some bands would have taken example on that guy and their management.

But kudos to everyone working on this forum!

• Like 1