The Blues & There Was A Time 2001 Discussion **NO LINKS**

7 hours ago, F*ck Fear said:

I'll probably be hung for saying this, but hearing the 12 complete tracks is something I want more than "new" material.

agree

would be happy with this. We have new slash anyway.

Slash solo + NuGuns unreleased together outweighs NewNewGuns for me.

I know it's a bit off topic, but I'm pretty sure the 3 albums of material thing was started by Baz, that being said, axl has confirmed there's at least one other album, and brain confirmed he played drums on somewhere around 30 tracks, and he doesn't seem like the kind of guy to make that up. So there's def. more material out there.

Back on topic,. I freaking love this version of SOD, it gives me nostalgia because it's the same arrangement as the live version I heard when I first got into gnr, much better than the album version. Makes me wanna compile an alternate version of CD with my favorite versions of the songs instead. Now we just need a verison of CD with the original short intro that had that cool synth part b4 the drums kick in

Edited by The Matinator
  • Like 1

The demos are both superior to the album tracks imo.  I hate TWAT, it's so boring but the demo is interesting in the sense you can hear a bit of what is going on.  The Blues demo is great...  Takes you back to the performances in 01.

On 6/13/2018 at 1:27 AM, zombux said:

hmmm... interesting. so there are a few "waves" of demos we already have. 

(Big Daddy and End of Days released at some point around here, unsure if the "1999 demos" are of earlier data)

"1999 demos" - IRS, TWAT, CITR + probably "Checkmate" + maybe also Atlas Shrugged - pre-BH era, but probably the year might be up to 2001, TWAT here is not that different from the RTB mix that leaked recently

"2001 RTB mixes" - Maddy, TWAT, The Blues - no trace of Buckethead, so those might come from 1999-2000, altough mixes might be newer, up to 2002 maybe

"2002 Boston/Albany promo" - ChiDem, Maddy, The Blues - first very prominent guitar work by Buckethead

"IRS Piazza recording" - it went on air in August 2003, so it can't be newer than this. I don't remember if it in fact is the very same track as "1999 demo" or "early 2006 leaked demo"

"early 2006 leaked demos" - IRS, Better, two versions of TWAT + instrumentals - obviously these can't be newer than february 2006, and have Buckethead all over them - so I'd say recorded 2001-2003 or early 2004 at most (Bucket left for good in March 2004)

"2013 Bumblefoot guitar demos" - Going Down, OMG, Silkworms + probably Atlas Shrugged - the demos are older (anything between 2000 and 2005, but sound like 2001), Bumble's guitar is around May or June 2006

"Better early 2007 leaked demo" - unsure if this was the part of the next bunch, it's presumably the same as used in 2006 Harley Davidson commercial

"2007 leaked demos" - Maddy, ChiDem, The Blues, Better, TWAT - these still don't feature Bumblefoot/Frank, so probably they are newer mixes recorded in similar years as the ones before

"Antiquiet leaks 2008" - the same songs as a year before + Better - Bumblefoot is prominent there, so these must be newer than say May 2006 - of course only the Bumblefoot's and Frank's parts may be older, but the mixes must be recent.

"pre-ChiDem leaks" - Rhiad, Prostitute, ITW - probably older mixes, because they have no Bumblefoot on them, or he doesn't play prominently there (?)

"Chicken Binge" - Shackler's Revenge - very similar to album version, so probably recent mix

"Better by Bumblefoot" - recorded during Barefoot EP sessions, that is late summer or fall 2008

(album released here)

"Better by DJ Ashba" - probably recorded in late 2009 before the tour started

"Brain remixes" - Better Gone, BITW, Shackler, ITW, TIL, probably also Sorry - Brain talked about having remixed Shackler as early as April 2009, but it seems the work was gradual, until like mid 2010. Better Gone is using acoustic guitar parts from Bumblefoot's version and probably the same vocal line was used.

your thoughts? I might be wrong in many ideas.

I have never heard of those 2007 leaks other than Better. I also have always seen those "pre-ChiDem leaks" listed as being part of of the Antiquiet leaks. 

Edited by History2010

On 6/20/2018 at 3:08 PM, The Matinator said:

I know it's a bit off topic, but I'm pretty sure the 3 albums of material thing was started by Baz, that being said, axl has confirmed there's at least one other album, and brain confirmed he played drums on somewhere around 30 tracks, and he doesn't seem like the kind of guy to make that up. So there's def. more material out there.

Back on topic,. I freaking love this version of SOD, it gives me nostalgia because it's the same arrangement as the live version I heard when I first got into gnr, much better than the album version. Makes me wanna compile an alternate version of CD with my favorite versions of the songs instead. Now we just need a verison of CD with the original short intro that had that cool synth part b4 the drums kick in

Nah, it started with Axl himself back on the 2002 when he flat out said there would be at least 3 albums of material. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

Nah, it started with Axl himself back on the 2002 when he flat out said there would be at least 3 albums of material. 

One can only imagine how much material whether complete/half complete/demos/alt versions are stored in the vault between the late 90's to today..

I truly believe that there is a lot more out there, as far as complete songs go. Otherwise we wouldn't get the occasional leaks.

I also find it hard to believe that Blood in the Water is just what we heard on the "Prostitute" Remix. I'm inclined to believe that the Prostitute Remix might be a remix between Prostitute and Blood In The Water (The actual full song), which would mean that there would be a "Blood in the Water" track, as in a full song, and not just a Chorus. I could be wrong though, but I find it odd that Axl would record a chorus to include on another song's remix.

Also, I dunno where Going Down comes from, but I find it hard to believe that Going Down would be included on a remix album, where all this other tracks were supposed to be. So this leads me to think that there's more "CD2" unheard songs out there.

However, this is only speculation on my part.

Edited by Propaganda

Wasn’t “Chicken Binge” leak called Chicken Dinner file wise? It came from Rock Band 2? 

2007 demo leaks were maybe leaked by Bucket who hated idea of Frank Bumble so new parts. So they were re-recorded Costanzo versions or RTB. I like 2006 leaked demos might have been RTB versions? 

9 minutes ago, wasted said:

Wasn’t “Chicken Binge” leak called Chicken Dinner file wise? It came from Rock Band 2? 

2007 demo leaks were maybe leaked by Bucket who hated idea of Frank Bumble so new parts. So they were re-recorded Costanzo versions or RTB. I like 2006 leaked demos might have been RTB versions? 

One unrelated and one related question:

Do you think Buckethead would do that and do you think he has some of the material from when he was working with Guns?

How do you create a poll?

Thanks a million in advance.

Just now, F*ck Fear said:

There have been so many leaks over the years and looking at the list, I've not heard half of those!

What's the word on the 'Shackler's' & 'If The World' remixes? Were these not being talked about potentially leaking as well?

I've only heard rumblings of those, technically the closest we've heard to any form of an IFW remix is by brain during the halftime NBA shows. As for shackler no idea, have thought about remixing it myself.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, F*ck Fear said:

There have been so many leaks over the years and looking at the list, I've not heard half of those!

What's the word on the 'Shackler's' & 'If The World' remixes? Were these not being talked about potentially leaking as well?

Official Remixes made by brain. 
There's (as far as I recall) 6 of'em. TIL, ITW, Shacklers, Sorry, Better Gone, Blood in The Water (Prostitute Remix).
Most are out there already, but sorry, and you can easily find TIL, Better Gone n' Blood in the water.

7 minutes ago, NeonKinight said:

Official Remixes made by brain. 
There's (as far as I recall) 6 of'em. TIL, ITW, Shacklers, Sorry, Better Gone, Blood in The Water (Prostitute Remix).
Most are out there already, but sorry, and you can easily find TIL, Better Gone n' Blood in the water.

correction: Shackler and ITW remixes are not yet leaked, but known to be somewhere out there. Sorry is just a honest guess, but it's not sure Brain meant it as sixth remix he made (the guess is based on two live performances of Brain & Melissa in late 2017 - Sorry might be the missing remix, or completely new seventh one). TIL+Better Gone+BITW are leaked - in case of TIL a few weeks ago, in case of BG+BITW for almost 5 years.

2 minutes ago, zombux said:

correction: Shackler and ITW remixes are not yet leaked, but known to be somewhere out there. Sorry is just a honest guess, but it's not sure Brain meant it as sixth remix he made (the guess is based on two live performances of Brain & Melissa in late 2017 - Sorry might be the missing remix, or completely new seventh one). TIL+Better Gone+BITW are leaked - in case of TIL a few weeks ago, in case of BG+BITW for almost 5 years.

I remember hearing snippets of the ITW and Shacklers remixes on SoundCloud a couple years back. They weren’t good, really techno fast paced beats behind them. 

1 hour ago, MrMojo said:

One unrelated and one related question:

Do you think Buckethead would do that and do you think he has some of the material from when he was working with Guns?

How do you create a poll?

Thanks a million in advance.

I've only heard rumblings of those, technically the closest we've heard to any form of an IFW remix is by brain during the halftime NBA shows. As for shackler no idea, have thought about remixing it myself.

I think he would like Bumble have stuff on his computer. Bucket did seem to leave in frustration. But those leaks came after Bumble and Frank added parts.

Maybe it’s hoarders though, as songs they have lose value they swap them or sell or whatever? Ron and frank meant those files they had arent going to be on the album. So not as valuable as 1 unreleased song. 

Where do all these leaks come from and what about the timing of them? 

14 minutes ago, wasted said:

I think he would like Bumble have stuff on his computer. Bucket did seem to leave in frustration. But those leaks came after Bumble and Frank added parts.

Maybe it’s hoarders though, as songs they have lose value they swap them or sell or whatever? Ron and frank meant those files they had arent going to be on the album. So not as valuable as 1 unreleased song. 

Where do all these leaks come from and what about the timing of them? 

Leaks are a tough one, could be a mixture of hoarders, former personnel who may have worked on or had access to, maybe even former band members (I doubt that imo) Also doubt management are leaking it either.

As for the timing could just be random to fuck with everything, could be wanting to sell what they have, could be teasing unreleased material for any number of reasons, could be done to fuck with any plans management may have release wise, could be an unknown strategic release. You never know with this fanbase or band, nothing is too ridiculous.

22 minutes ago, Underhardy said:

I remember hearing snippets of the ITW and Shacklers remixes on SoundCloud a couple years back. They weren’t good, really techno fast paced beats behind them. 

yes, that's what's available of them, two 16 seconds snippets. ITW sounded experimentally, while Shackler could be quite interesting stuff.

anyway, check the two Brain & Melissa live performances on YouTube, in a bizarre way you'll get more of ITW :)

Would love to hear them, but the storm alreasy passed probably. :(

I'm realy curious about what else might be out there, I believe the must have had another CD of material "finished", I mean Silkworms, Going Down, The General , Blood in the Water, Checkmate/Jackie Chan and the stuff Axl talked about in the xhats

44 minutes ago, zombux said:

Shackler leaked 8 yrs ago, but onyl a few got it.

25 minutes ago, MrMojo said:

Leaks are a tough one, could be a mixture of hoarders, former personnel who may have worked on or had access to, maybe even former band members (I doubt that imo) Also doubt management are leaking it either.

As for the timing could just be random to fuck with everything, could be wanting to sell what they have, could be teasing unreleased material for any number of reasons, could be done to fuck with any plans management may have release wise, could be an unknown strategic release. You never know with this fanbase or band, nothing is too ridiculous.

The record company hated leaks. But Axl seemed to not care. Better leak seemed to help that tour. But it maybe only matter if you care too much. 

9 minutes ago, NeonKinight said:

Shackler leaked 8 yrs ago, but onyl a few got it.

Does anyone remember the Dub step mix of Chi dem? Was that evader?