The Blues & There Was A Time 2001 Discussion **NO LINKS**

2 minutes ago, Sosso said:

I would love to hear a "back to the roots" version from the NITL line-up.

Regardless of how they play it, this would've been one of the most sensible CD songs for the NITL lineup to play. Still scratching my head why they haven't.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Powerage5 said:

Regardless of how they play it, this would've been one of the most sensible CD songs for the NITL lineup to play. Still scratching my head why they haven't.

Same, still hoping for The Blues/SOD at some point.

• Like 1
  • GNFNR 1

Just now, Powerage5 said:

I'm going to scream this until the day I die: I firmly believe the song is 100% about Slash and that is why we will never hear the NITL lineup do it.

Also, y'alls crazy. This 2001 version of The Blues is the best ever IMO :axl::robin:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, adamsapple said:

Call me crazy but I think the live version from Pittsburgh in 2002 was the best version of "The Blues / SOD" ever. There's some something about it and his vocals were perfect that night.

The live performance in Boston was great as well. 

• GNFNR 1

14 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

I'm going to scream this until the day I die: I firmly believe the song is 100% about Slash and that is why we will never hear the NITL lineup do it.

Also, y'alls crazy. This 2001 version of The Blues is the best ever IMO :axl::robin:

Still reckon russ its an erin/stephanie song. What makes you think its about slash?. Not having a go just want to undrrsrand your reasoning  😀

Edited by Sydney Fan

2 minutes ago, Sydney Fan said:

Still reckon russ its an erin/stephanie song. What makes you think its about slash?. Not having a go just want to undrrsrand your reasoning  😀

Oh jeez, here we go again LOL.

I just think every line in the song is about Slash up to, including and especially everything from "What this means to me is more than I know you believe" on.

Just now, RussTCB said:

I just think every line in the song is about Slash up to, including and especially everything from "What this means to me is more than I know you believe" on.

My personal theory is that it's about Gilby's guitar that Axl smashed on the Skin N' Bones tour.

6 minutes ago, Italian girl said:

why are those leaks surfacing now?

I wonder what else is out there? Always thought the early versions of the songs were much better than what ended up on the album. Often it's just little things but they make all the difference. Would love to hear a better quality CITR with Brian May. ;)

Just now, adamsapple said:

I wonder what else is out there? Always thought the early versions of the songs were much better than what ended up on the album. Often it's just little things but they make all the difference. Would love to hear a better quality CITR with Brian May. ;)

trust me... there's something out there that even I didnt believe that existed, always thought it was a hoax

11 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

I always thought "Sorry" was 100% about Slash haha.

"Street of dreams" on the other hand is clearly a love song. 

1 minute ago, D.. said:

I always thought "Sorry" was 100% about Slash haha.

"Street of dreams" on the other hand is clearly a love song. 

Correct, a love song. No reason why a love song can't be about brotherly love for Slash. Or at least, I don't have a problem with that :)

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

Correct, a love song. No reason why a love song can't be about brotherly love for Slash. Or at least, I don't have a problem with that :)

"The feelings that I felt I saved for you and no one else" hum hum hum hahahahaha :lol: I really can't believe it's addressed to Slash, but I like your interpretation hehe.

1 minute ago, D.. said:

"The feelings that I felt I saved for you and no one else" hum hum hum hahahahaha :lol: I really can't believe it's addressed to Slash, but I like your interpretation hehe.

You think he felt the same way about any other guitar player that he felt about Slash? 

Seems pretty easy to relate to Slash if you ask me.

• Like 1

Just now, Gunner927 said:

Izzy?

This is a much more in depth conversation than I have time for right now lol, plus I'm derailing the thread badly. I'm sure the subject will come up again soon and you will all have the chance (again) to bash me about this :lol:

• Haha 4