How would you feel if Axl were to replace This I Love with Street of Dreams in the setlist?

GNRfanJen

So it's clear to all of us that This I Love is straight up hard to watch/listen to from Axl these days. The guy is clearly trying, but it's just not happening for him. I'm a huge fan of Axl and hate seeing him clearly struggle like he does on This I Love. 

How about he swap This I Love for Street of Dreams? Now, I may be biased because The Blues is my most favorite track on the record, so of course that's the one that has not been played on this tour, but I feel like this is an obvious good move for Axl and the band. And for that matter, the fans. 

I think “Street of dreams” would be a great choice to replace it. But, I would want to hear what Slash would do with “If the World”. I feel like it’s cheating to suggest a UYI song because they don’t play so few and you’re talking about replacing a CD song with a CD song, but I would love to see more songs from those albums in the setlist.

13 hours ago, GNRfanJen said:

So it's clear to all of us that This I Love is straight up hard to watch/listen to from Axl these days. The guy is clearly trying, but it's just not happening for him. I'm a huge fan of Axl and hate seeing him clearly struggle like he does on This I Love. 

How about he swap This I Love for Street of Dreams? Now, I may be biased because The Blues is my most favorite track on the record, so of course that's the one that has not been played on this tour, but I feel like this is an obvious good move for Axl and the band. And for that matter, the fans. 

Well street of dreams is a ballad like november rain. So why have 2 ballads in the setlist?. Til should be taken out and insert a song that isnt  vocally strenuous such as bad obsession or PTU. If anything slash needs to stop godfather its boring and a mood killer.

• 2 months later...

dont care for street of dreams, one of my least favorite tracks on the record. Although i respect your opinions :). I love TIL, but i would love some other Chinese stuff on the setlist. Shackler yes ! i would love to hear Scraped again with Slash, or IRS, but i think that would be hard vocally as well.

• 2 weeks later...

He sounds dreadful singing both of those songs live.

He needs to drop the songs he can’t sing anymore, but then the set list would be about 20mins long. :lol:

At the very least, put us out of our misery with TIL and Coma. He has no business singing either of those songs in his current condition. He makes an absolute tit of himself singing those ones.

He also hasn’t sung a half decent NR since 2010, but I’m guessing we’re stuck with that.

Edited by Towelie

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Street of Dreams (I wish they kept The Blues as it's title) would be much better than TIL at this point. Plus, it sounds good without rasp.
IF they go for it, let's just hope Slash puts in a bit more effort with the solo instead of noddling along as fast as he can.