House of Blues 2001 ***NO LINKS***

5 minutes ago, Creed said:

I always thought that the HOB 2001 proshot contains Axl with that style and look. Unfortunately not. And yeah, its definately not a holy grail. But its still the best NuGuns show i have seen so far.

Those pics were from the show the following year.

24 minutes ago, Jordan Rose said:

And it's podgy Rio 3 Axl. Surely it'd be way more awesome just to have audio from the 29th and 31st December 2001 when Axl looked like THIS and he'd got his touring legs and voice back under him through 2002, had trimmed down to Illusions shape, was looking really confident again and they played Madagascar at both shows!

Uhhh that's not the Illusion era shape. It's the same shape as Early '01. And what's up with everyone calling him podgy or fat in 2001? He's clearly very muscular, just not marked because of extra fat, which is normal considering he's almost 40 at that point.

Why are so many people concerned about Axl's "shape," lol? I understand the voice, it's part of the product you're paying for. These past few decades have seen him go through his 40's and 50's - nearing 60 now. I'd like to see what kind of physical shape y'all are in come those ages. He was looking pretty trim in the 2006 Bumblefoot era, but what was best about those shows - starting with the Hammerstein shows in NYC, was his voice was on point. 

He's nearing 60. His voice isn't gonna magically get better all of a sudden. 

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Jordan Rose said:

Realmente no entiendo por qué esto fue un santo grial para mucha gente. Tuvimos una bota de audio decente justo después del show y en cuanto a la banda y las voces de Axl, es tan similar a Rio 3 que no veo el gran problema. Ni siquiera jugaron en Madagascar. Y es podgy Rio 3 Axl. Seguramente sería mucho más increíble tener audio del 29 y el 31 de diciembre de 2001 cuando Axl se viera como ESTO y tuviera sus piernas girando y su voz de regreso bajo él a lo largo del 2002, se hubiera reducido a la forma de las ilusiones, se viera realmente ¡confiados otra vez y jugaron a Madagascar en ambos espectáculos! Hasta donde yo sé, no hay ni un solo bit de audio desde el programa de diciembre, ni desde el video. 

wKl4kVD.jpg

Axl2.jpg

Axl3.jpg

It is much better than RIO 2001, better sound quality, video and it is also a legendary concert with a lot of history. Axl's voice is much better than Rio since he is not so hectic

I was at this one with my brother, I thought it was a good show back then, and I still do. As glad as I am that most of the original members are back in the fold, I will never hate on the "New" guys - they were doing their job, provided some good music and some good memories. I had a great time at some of those pre-reunion shows. The 2006 era was great, Axl's voice was in tip top shape. 

• Thanks 1

Jungle sounded amazing, funny in the begining that Axl goes "you know where you are" with one voice "you're in the jungle baby" with another "you're gonna die" goes back to first

It's So Easy good

Mr. Brownstone amazing... At the very ending he is sounding like a god

Live And Let Die the screams :drool:

Brain is fucking amazing, maybe the best drummer GNR ever had (sorry Steven)

Oh My God sounded way better than Rio, I never really gave any fuck for this song but after the leak on the last week I became to apreciate a lot more, hope they play on the NITL

My Michelle ok

Think About You, my fav GNR song... Just love it in any way, Axl nailed and the band too

what in the fucking fuck is that shitton of synths on You Could Be Mine? sounds like ass

Sweet Child, Knockin' ok

November Rain... goddamn Bucket, goddamn

Robin fucked the first solo of Out Ta Get Me in a way that made me angry but Bucket saved the last bit

The moanings on Rocket Queen... I never heard it on a live version, Axl nailed the last part 

Riad I used to hate this song but on the last years I started to love, ok live version the middle through Robin and Buckets solo is fucking awesome

Axl got a little emotional in the speech before CD... and he clearly had plastic surgery before that gig... his face is so strange

What Bucket was throwing to the audience? Flowers?

I just love Bucket, that guy is awesome

Axl's speech before Patience made me think... He has/had his mental issues, wonder if he really did felt bad to do the old songs for the first time in 8 years... The welcome back chant was beautiful. Solid Patience.

The Blues ok, I don't think this song was great back in 2001/2002... Was really a highlight to me in 2010

Nightrain was alright... Bucket's solo was the greatest part

Silkworms was good, I like that song, don't get all the hate

PC never does much for me

Overall: amazing show, cant imagine how many times that band played that set because they were in amazing sync, Axl screw some of the lyrics but like he said, 8 years since the sung those songs, I get it why its the holy grail

• Like 1

3 hours ago, saint_seiya said:

the source for the concert was tape so its not gonna get any better

I'd love to see an uncompressed version at least - the one on youtube had a lot of compression - this is the coolest thing yet!  What a fuckin great show

1 hour ago, Setzer said:

Uhhh that's not the Illusion era shape. It's the same shape as Early '01. And what's up with everyone calling him podgy or fat in 2001? He's clearly very muscular, just not marked because of extra fat, which is normal considering he's almost 40 at that point.

Nonsense. I'm not calling names. He was CLEARLY in MUCH better shape from December 01 through 2002 than he was in january 2001:

axl-rose-rock-in-rio.jpg

1 hour ago, The_General_13 said:

It is much better than RIO 2001, better sound quality, video and it is also a legendary concert with a lot of history. Axl's voice is much better than Rio since he is not so hectic

Ok, agreed, but my point is that since we already had a decent audio boot and have ZILCH from the far more promising and interesting December shows I just hope there's something from them out there. It's absolutely insane to me that nothing was recorded from either. Maybe security was much tighter?

3 minutes ago, Jordan Rose said:

Ok, estoy de acuerdo, pero mi punto es que, dado que ya teníamos un arranque de audio decente y tenemos ZILCH de los espectáculos de diciembre mucho más prometedores e interesantes, solo espero que haya algo de ellos por ahí. Es completamente loco para mí que nada haya sido registrado en ninguno de los dos. Tal vez la seguridad fue mucho más estricta?

I get it. I know it's not such a spectacular show, maybe what gives the "touch" and what makes it so famous are the stories that revolved around that concert and for being the first show of the new era

7 minutes ago, Wagszilla said:

Why did mags cut the photo of Axl and Gilby off at the chest?

He was ffffffff-f-f-f-f-fat.

He got shredded throughout 2001 and picked up weight mid 2002. I don’t know why people fight me on that.

Accurate.

And to the people saying "why does it matter what he looks like, who cares" etc you couldn't be missing the point more. I want to know what he sounded like at the two December 2001 shows because he had clearly gotten into amazing shape the same way he did in 2006/2010 and when he gets into great physical shape and it generally means awesome vocals and way better stage presence. Just from the December 2001 photos he looks like a way more confident guy than the deer-in-headlights guy from January. 

The Madagascar vocals at Rio are unlike any others, really rich, smooth, deep and beautiful in a way they never were in 2002. But then he a) fucked up the scream by running at the worst time and b) pussied out of the high parts which kinda kills the song. So I can only imagine how amazing he might have sounded in December on a small stage having worked out. 

Edited by Jordan Rose

wow this is incredible... i would love to get to see this. I was at the show.  it was amazing.  i remember really liking the blues.  was great hearing a new guns song for the first time.  it actually sounded like an old school Guns song.  one of the best parts of the show was axel sitting on the piano and the crowd chanting “welcome back”. the buckethead numbchuck solo was the low point by far, i remember trying to order tge DVD off of a japanese website back in 01 or 02... still waiting on that delivery

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Jordan Rose said:

Accurate.

And to the people saying "why does it matter what he looks like, who cares" etc you couldn't be missing the point more. I want to know what he sounded like at the two December 2001 shows because he had clearly gotten into amazing shape the same way he did in 2006/2010 and when he gets into great physical shape and it generally means awesome vocals and way better stage presence. Just from the December 2001 photos he looks like a way more confident guy than the deer-in-headlights guy from January. 

The Madagascar vocals at Rio are unlike any others, really rich, smooth, deep and beautiful in a way they never were in 2002. But then he a) fucked up the scream by running at the worst time and b) pussied out of the high parts which kinda kills the song. So I can only imagine how amazing he might have sounded in December on a small stage having worked out. 

He really wasn't fat in 2001. He was very very thin in the 80s and 90s. Gaining a normal amount of weight at 40 is healthy. How he looks now isn't

5 minutes ago, Fashionista said:

He really wasn't fat in 2001. He was very very thin in the 80s and 90s. Gaining a normal amount of weight at 40 is healthy. How he looks now isn't

Edited by Jordan Rose

3 minutes ago, Jordan Rose said:

he was gigantic and it's cause Slash wasn't there. HUGE