House of Blues 2001 ***NO LINKS***

7 minutes ago, Caught_in_a_Coma said:

This lineup was despised by casual fans, the media and half of hardcore fans.

At the time, I hated this. I still hate parts of it. I hated the look of the band and I still do. Especially Bucket's look and his stage antics with nunchuck dances and rubber chickens were bollocks to me. Not to mention goth-Finck. I still hate that. The original GnR was an in your face rock band. I never felt and still don't feel that masks and whatever Finck looked like then fit in that image I loved. It was also the step from '93 Axl to Mickey-Axl. In retrosect he didn't sound that bad, but that's only compared to how he sounds now. Back then we compared it to the better 90's bootlegs. 

On the upside this band had fire, excitement and everything to prove. Something I REALLY missed in post-2007 Guns n' Roses. There was fire in this. That fire is something I still miss. Last year when I saw them live in Nijmegen it was there sometimes, but missing at other times. Especially the songs with Angus felt awesome, but some just felt auto-pilot.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Caught_in_a_Coma said:

Man, Axl can do no right in the eyes of GN'R fandom.  This lineup was despised by casual fans, the media and half of hardcore fans.  Axl's tardiness on performing and unpredictability was hung over his head as major problems that showed he doesn't respect  the fans

Now he, Slash and Duff play together and Axl the shows start on time and people are pining for the days of NuGN'R :facepalm:

Don't get me wrong, getting unreleased CD era music would be amazing and the whole story behind the CD era is fascinating so seeing them perform is neat, but to consider it being superior to what Axl, Slash and Duff have accomplished with the NITL tour?  I dunno....

Nothing's changed. I, like majority of people on the boards, liked both NuGNR and "regular" GNR. I am thrilled Slash and Duff are back, but that doesn't mean I don't still really want leaked material or releases from 1999-2014

• Like 1
  • GNFNR 1

11 minutes ago, Axl_morris said:

They all look completely rediculous

If you were attending that show, you would assume buckethead was the comic relief, untill you see the VMAs and see his act still going and he's being serious.

1967 version of you:

They all look completely rediculous with their feminine long hair and weird clorhes

If you were attending that show, you would assume they were the comic relief

5 minutes ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

Damnit, I was on mobile when the full YouTube video was up so I couldn’t rip it and now it’s gone :( 

There's another video a couple of pages back that's still up if you want to watch it on Youtube (obviously I'm not suggesting you should rip it)

Just now, Dean said:

Was it always known this was in circulation? There's a fella claiming to have had it since 2002.

Possibly yes. 

Some believed it was in hoarders hands since 02, .others thought it to be fake or a hoax.  But now we have the living proof

3 minutes ago, themadcaplaughs said:

I guess Paul snuck out with some goodies when they opened the vault for the Appetite reissue :lol:

In all seriousness, I attended this show (just shy of 18) in 2001. I was about to go to college, and basically had to forego a car to convince my parents to let me do it; a different story for a different day. Of course, I read in all the reviews at the time that the show had been filmed, but after 2003 or so, I gave up hope on ever seeing it. To watch this show, from a much better vantage point than when I was there, is surreal and almost brings me to tears. 

I love stories like this. :)

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Fashionista said:

It's weird how you guys get hung up on Pitman's outfits, but worship a guy who hasn't changed his hair in 33 years

LOL comparing a hard rock legend  to a nobody. 

There is a possibility that without  that guy that hasn't  changed his hair, you never heard  of that pit man.