House of Blues 2001 ***NO LINKS***

Very interesting to see that 17 years later. I remember it was supposed to come out officially, at least in Japan (you could pre-order it on Amazon Japan). Then it got cancelled the day prior release date. Weird times for sure, but so interesting.

Quality is very compressed by YouTube of course, but it seems it was taken off a low gen VHS or something...

1 hour ago, colonizedmind said:

STILL live...i just downloaded it. Be quick and download from the YT source if you want it as it'll be gone soon...
They're much quicker at removing since the reunion.
If it wasn't for that I'd half think Axl was just having a clear out...As soo many questions...Who put this out? What is the original source YT Channel?
Why now? For what? What next? MTV 2002 tapes?

Edited by colonizedmind

Listening now...too funny. 

I definitely don't remember Axl's wig looking so bad when I saw the show. Buckethead and Tommy look so young. Or more realistically, Tommy doesn't look completely weathered down from his drinking problem yet. Also, I know Robin always played the "Mr. Brownstone" liberally compared to the recording, but he definitely hadn't wrapped his head around it yet. The last little part of that solo sounds DJ Ashba bad at this show (and this comes from a dude who loved Robin). 

man, was that ever awesome. Look, I know I'm not exactly chinese era's biggest fan, but that really made the day. awesome, awesome Axl vocals and if I close my eyes, The band sounds so fucking badass. Like a sober appetite lineup or something.

this, coupled with the CD leaks, I guess I'll have to give the CD another chance after all. these live versions put a nice perspective on the songs.

• Like 1

Also, it's endearing that after every song for the first five or six songs, you can see that Axl looks genuinely surprised at how much the crowd loves the show. I remember reading before that he really did feel scared from 1994-2000 that no one would care about his music anymore, and that he was legitimately surprised at how positive a reception he got in the media when he performed with Gilby Clarke at that club in 2000. 

1 minute ago, themadcaplaughs said:

Also, it's endearing that after every song for the first five or six songs, you can see that Axl looks genuinely surprised at how much the crowd loves the show. I remember reading before that he really did feel scared from 1994-2000 that no one would care about his music anymore, and that he was legitimately surprised at how positive a reception he got in the media when he performed with Gilby Clarke at that club in 2000. 

man if he was surprised then he must be really surprised now that he can sell out every stadium playing the same songs haha or maybe this is what gave him the idea

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, themadcaplaughs said:

Strange times for Axl back then.

7 minutes ago, themadcaplaughs said:

This recording of "Oh My God" sounds 100% better than the Rock in Rio recording. 

And as an added bonus, everyone finishes the song at the same time! :lol:

1 minute ago, D.. said:

Who the fuck dared upload this on Youtube?!! :P

A lot of people so far. Love it when real fans help out real fans :D

• Confused 1

Just now, RussTCB said:

And as an added bonus, everyone finishes the song at the same time! :lol:

A lot of people so far. Love it when real fans help out real fans :D

I was kidding... it's me hahahaha :lol: I hope Fernando will go easy on this. Hope I won't get a strike. I lead a serious channel for french people. I took the risk for fans. So far, so good. Who knows, maybe they'll leave it be?

• Like 1
  • GNFNR 1

Just now, GivenToFly said:

On a more negative note, I still don't like Finck. Not having Buckethead as the sole lead was and still is a crime.

I liked the contrast between them tbh.

Maybe a bit jarring on older material but gave a unique feel to newer songs.

1 minute ago, D.. said:

I was kidding... it's me hahahaha :lol: I hope Fernando will go easy on this. Hope I won't get a strike. I lead a serious channel for french people. I took the risk for fans. So far, so good. Who knows, maybe they'll leave it be?

No, I know, I was just playing too :)