House of Blues 2001 ***NO LINKS***

4 minutes ago, GNRfanJen said:

I just wanted to say, it makes me really happy to see all the real fans losing their mind over things like this. This is like, THE holy grail right here. And finally after 17 years it’s been uncovered. It’s just an incredible feeling. I’m so glad to be a fan of this band. 

Honestly, this feels like more of an end to the "Chinese Democracy era" than any of two other big milestones: the release of the actual album or the mega-sets the band played at the 2014 residency. On one hand, I feel bad that a leaked video provides more closure than anything Guns N' Roses has done in the last 17 years, but I do not feel bad watching or downloading it. If they had released this on DVD when the iron was still hot, I would have bought it, and I feel the same goes for anyone in this thread. I know this is completely illogical, but in a weird way, this allows me to move forward with the current lineup's continuing tour with less ill will. We now have the item we thought we'd never see. 

The only comparable feeling I have ever gotten from an artist was when Brian Wilson started performing "Smile" live, and eventually released a modern version of the album.

Edited by themadcaplaughs

Axl sounds really good in this show. Clean, but good. People forget that Appetite was mostly clean vocals. Don’t believe me? Go back and listen to it sometimes, take SCOM for instance. It’s a powerful rock voice but it’s not overflowing with rasp like his live performances did. 

Point is, Axl’s vocals during this show sound like studio quality. To me, he sounds that good. I actually love this balance of rasp and cleanness, 2001/2002 was an underrated year for him vocally. This lineup kicks ass, as well. Going back to what we have rn will be hard lol

• Like 4

@Russ: :lol: (I can't add anymore emoticons on posts for today, I didn't know this was a possibility here!)

@GNRFanJen: exactly. I'm so happy seeing so many people happy. I'm very happy too. Damn... today is one of the best days in the last ten years regarding GN'R. Really. FUCKING AWESOOOOOOOME!!!!!!! 

Music giving joy to people, in a day that may have been shitty for you or them... The power of music. Of good, fucking music. It's so good.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, scooby845 said:

Axl sounds on this entire show like he sounded on Yesterdays in 2017...

Not even close...he has a lot of power and sustain here...
This is how it all began, an opening 1,2,3,4 that started in that set list 2001 and has pretty much stayed the same since.

3 minutes ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

Axl sounds really good in this show. Clean, but good. People forget that Appetite was mostly clean vocals. Don’t believe me? Go back and listen to it sometimes, take SCOM for instance. It’s a powerful rock voice but it’s not overflowing with rasp like his live performances did. 

Point is, Axl’s vocals during this show sound like studio quality. To me, he sounds that good. I actually love this balance of rasp and cleanness, 2001/2002 was an underrated year for him vocally. This lineup kicks ass, as well. Going back to what we have rn will be hard lol

Agreed

4 minutes ago, joaompc said:

You were not the original uploader. Don’t take credits if you are not the one.

I don't take any credits. I uploaded this for share purposes only and possible back-up. It's more than likely it will get deleted in an hour or so.

I thanked you in private : ) (and again, thank you so much for the link man, I will return the favor if I can)

And I thank whoever made the deal to make this happen. I mean it: thank you, from the bottom of my heart. If it was you, you're a hero for us, really. You, the guy in the shadows... You have given joy to so many people today. That's fucking great :axl92::axl92::axl92:

But let's not forget Axl and the band who are responsible first and foremost ; ) Crazy we didn't get this sooner. But better late than never. Now, if we could have Atlas Shrugged and Checkmate...

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, scooby845 said:

Axl sounds on this entire show like he sounded on Yesterdays in 2017...

Please stop trolling the thread. Obviously everyone else disagrees with you. If you don't like this show, feel free to leave the thread to the folks that are enjoying it. At least for now, thanks.

• Haha 1

Live and Let Die Screams :headbang::headbang:
They really had quite a lot of cameras and it has an energetic edit. Wonder if all the "legal" issues Axl always talked of stopped its release? How close did it get, seems like a finished edit? (youtube compression and VHS tape decay perhaps?)

Edited by colonizedmind