House of Blues 2001 ***NO LINKS***

Cool show. A lot more energy on display than what I thought at the time.

I guess back then Axl and the band were compared to the prime Axl/GNR. His voice was a little high pitched for my taste at the time. 

But when you compare to today - father time shows he can’t move around as much  during the set - even compared to a 40-something Axl in 2001.

What’s very clear is that Axl lost a lot of his consistent vocal power - or decided to play it much safer - since his mid-30s. The contrast between the vocals on the Saskatoon 1993 show and this one only 8 years later is striking.

Oh - and his hair is better now. That barnet in 2001 was definitely glued on. Not that it matters 

Edited by LA_0013

3 minutes ago, axlinkafayette said:

Imagine if guns 2018 sounded/played like guns 2001

Frank is like 1/10 the drummer Brain is and this makes it so evident. They are shooting themselves in the foot keeping Frank in the band, they just kept him because he was loyal to Axl for all these years. Nice guy and all, but doesn't change the fact he's a shitty drummer. Apart from Frank and Axl at parts, I think the band sounds tighter now than here.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

If you were on the hook for the legal ramifications, you'd get to set the rules. 

Servers are hosted in Russia, I don't see how it could harm the forum (more than YT anyway). FYI Saskatoon is still there and safe. But you're right, you guys set the rules.

Edited by WillBailey

2 minutes ago, WillBailey said:

Servers are hosted in Russia, I don't see how it could harm the forum (more than YT anyway). FYI Saskatoon is still there and safe. But you're right, you guys set the rules.

We're not trying to be difficult, honestly, we're just trying to avoid any legal issues is all.