joaompc

House of Blues 2001 ***NO LINKS***

it seems that someone who got caught and got prisonner in the vault managed to escape from it with some stuffs

4 minutes ago, fanfzero said:

Well, they even didn't let Slash go in, so yes, they were tight :lol:

Slash tried to get in with a guitar, not a tape recorder XD

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Fanboy said:

it seems that someone who got caught and got prisonner in the vault managed to escape from it with some stuffs

Paul Tobias?

3 minutes ago, Jordan Rose said:

And to the people saying "why does it matter what he looks like, who cares" etc you couldn't be missing the point more. I want to know what he sounded like at the two December 2001 shows because he had clearly gotten into amazing shape the same way he did in 2006/2010 and when he gets into great physical shape and it generally means awesome vocals and way better stage presence. Just from the December 2001 photos he looks like a way more confident guy than the deer-in-headlights guy from January. 

The Madagascar vocals at Rio are unlike any others, really rich, smooth, deep and beautiful in a way they never were in 2002. But then he a) fucked up the scream by running at the worst time and b) pussied out of the high parts which kinda kills the song. So I can only imagine how amazing he might have sounded in December on a small stage having worked out. 

he was gigantic and it's cause Slash wasn't there. HUGE

I was there! 4:30 AM start time. Crowd was crazy restless thinking he might be a no-show. Then he came on and blew our minds. Nobody saw him in many years!

• Like 2

I'd love to get to see this one!  I remember the hype surrounding the show and the excitement just hearing new song titles.

It was being recorded by some Asian company (Japanese if I remember correctly). Security was crazy prior to gates opening. "If Axl sees a camera, he will leave!" I must have heard it 250 times while we waited in line for 6 hours or more!

7 hours ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

Buckethead looks so young here

Literally just spit my dinner all over the room.  Early favorite for Internet Post Of The Year!

• Haha 2

Just finished it. Axl was great and the band was really tight. The sound was kinda messy but I can't complain about anything else. The wait was worth it.

Just watched it, liked Axl´s energy, his voice was good I think. Liked KOHD version and all the CD songs, hated how they played most of the old catalogue. Fun show to watch for historical purposes! 

Posted (edited)

The full version (with the end of Silkworms & PC) is back on YT.

Edited by -W.A.R-
  • Like 3

Axl seems to sound a whole lot better in smaller venues. Just an observation.

12 minutes ago, bdinan said:

Axl seems to sound a whole lot better in smaller venues. Just an observation.

I dare you to watch these grandma vocals and say that again

The intro to HOB 2001 and Rock n Rio are amazing. Where is the sample pulled from of the guy talking "I believe in filth and stink and every foul thing blah blah.." come from? It's kind of cool lol

7 minutes ago, YourMother'sDruthers said:

The intro to HOB 2001 and Rock n Rio are amazing. Where is the sample pulled from of the guy talking "I believe in filth and stink and every foul thing blah blah.." come from? It's kind of cool lol

It is from a movie

3 minutes ago, YourMother'sDruthers said:

I know lol but which movie?

The Exorcist III

here is the scene from the movie

14 minutes ago, YourMother'sDruthers said:

I believe from the Exorcist 3?

Having listened to the studio version, and now this show, I can't get Silkworms out of my head. Sound amazing on this show