House of Blues 2001 ***NO LINKS***

39 minutes ago, timoteo said:

anybody have a breakdown of when each song begins?

WTTJ - 3:10
ISE - 8:20
Brownstone - 12:00
LALD - 16:03
OMG - 19:18
My Michelle - 24:45
Think About You - 28:10
YCBM - 32:02
SCOM - 37:35
KOHD - 43:41
NR - 50:06
OTGM - 59:53
RQ - 1:04:07
Rhaid - 1:09:57
CD - 1:16:19   
Bucket - 1:19:16
Welcome Back Chants - 1:25:24
Patience - 1:25:56
Street Of Dreams - 1:32:18
Nightrain: 1:36:41
Bucket - 1:42:50
Silkworms - 1:43:57
PC - 1:47:37

4 hours ago, fanfzero said:

Damn, if you compare 2001 Axl with some other artists that are 38 right now like Alexi Laiho or Matt Tuck it's incredible how young they look, but Axl did not age too good

Axl used to be a health nut and serious perfectionist. I think that damn Beta got him on some hard core prescription drugs. Completely ruined him. All that potential Axl and that band had, gone like that.

• Like 1

This is the Axl Rose that I loved. Serious, intense, perfectionist, charismatic, confident, amazing stage presence, great health, great look, great voice. Unforgiving, my way or the high way, me against the fucking world. An absolute dream to the goofy slob he has turned into. All that potential thrown away. Thanks Beta.

9 minutes ago, Requiem16 said:

Guys, is there any video from Vegas shows 2001? Does it exist at all?

2001 shows recorded as follows:

2001-01-01 - House of Blues, Las Vegas, Nevada - proshot video, audience audio

2001-01-15 - Rock in Rio 3, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil - proshot video

2001-12-29 - The Joint, Las Vegas, Nevada - no known recording

2001-12-31 - The Joint, Las Vegas, Nevada - no known recording

38 minutes ago, DannyVinyard said:

This is the Axl Rose that I loved. Serious, intense, perfectionist, charismatic, confident, amazing stage presence, great health, great look, great voice. Unforgiving, my way or the high way, me against the fucking world. An absolute dream to the goofy slob he has turned into. All that potential thrown away. Thanks Beta.

I can see preferring one era of Axl to another, but to say "goofy slob" I feel is a big... disingenuous.  As well as throwing Beta as the cause of it all, unless of course you were there in person to see it all

1 minute ago, zombux said:

Thanks!

6 hours ago, Walapino said:

Just watched it, liked Axl´s energy, his voice was good I think. Liked KOHD version and all the CD songs, hated how they played most of the old catalogue. Fun show to watch for historical purposes! 

I felt the exact same way, especially with Slash's leads.  That sort of just has happened with nearly every nuGNR video though, now that we have Slash back in the band, I really am not that interested in hearing Robin Fink's awkward weird bends and whatnot lol, Bucket had some great moments though.

The highlights of this video to me are OMG, CD, and Silkworms, it is awesome to hear more sounboard recordings of all three of those from around that time

• Like 1

I think I miss Axl's "rants" the most. I'm sure he's quiet in recent days for his reasons - and that's cool, but I miss the days where he'd go on a tangent about something.  It added an unpredictable element to the shows. 

1 hour ago, -W.A.R- said:

WTTJ - 3:10
ISE - 8:20
Brownstone - 12:00
LALD - 16:03
OMG - 19:18
My Michelle - 24:45
Think About You - 28:10
YCBM - 32:02
SCOM - 37:35
KOHD - 43:41
NR - 50:06
OTGM - 59:53
RQ - 1:04:07
Rhaid - 1:09:57
CD - 1:16:19   
Bucket - 1:19:16
Welcome Back Chants - 1:25:24
Patience - 1:25:56
Street Of Dreams - 1:32:18
Nightrain: 1:36:41
Bucket - 1:42:50
Silkworms - 1:43:57
PC - 1:47:37

not on the version I've seen, which is the one up on the tube at the moment, has a lenght of 1:47:01 and is missing Paradise city!

7 minutes ago, nikki9 said:

not on the version I've seen, which is the one up on the tube at the moment, has a lenght of 1:47:01 and is missing Paradise city!

Yes there is a version floating around thats missing the very end of Silkworms and PC.

I posted the full version a page or so ago but its already been removed.

I'm not a huge NuGuns fan, but it is fascinating to watch this show. I don't like things like the awful synths on You Could Be Mine, but I do like the fire and hunger you see from Axl and the band.

They may have looked like a freakshow, but at least with this version of the band you have what was essentially the vision for moving forward. I don't like everything about it and I remember at the time being confused as to what the hell was going on. But it's not replacements of replacements of replacements. It's more interesting than seeing the band a decade later, for example.

Love how many new songs there are in this, by (mostly) the band who wrote them. And it’s the best they all sounded too.

Robin displays some serious chops here too, and you can hear Paul “Huge”’s guitar clearly in parts which is interesting, guess he had a semi important role during these early shows.

1 hour ago, zombux said:

They have a recording of the 12/29/01 show somewhere. I was there, and they had guys filming the entire show. Axl was on top of his game, as I’ve stated before, and THIS show would be the holy grail for sure.

20 minutes ago, grogmug said:

They have a recording of the 12/29/01 show somewhere. I was there, and they had guys filming the entire show. Axl was on top of his game, as I’ve stated before, and THIS show would be the holy grail for sure.

from what I heard, the 29th show was plagued with problems and they nearly left the stage a couple of time due to difficulties.

the following 31st show was reportedly perfect and on fire.

of course they recorded everything... 

6 minutes ago, zombux said:

from what I heard, the 29th show was plagued with problems and they nearly left the stage a couple of time due to difficulties.

the following 31st show was reportedly perfect and on fire.

of course they recorded everything... 

I just saw where you said “no known recording”, which we haven’t seen yet, but we do know it was recorded/pro-shot. The only sound problems were when his mic went out on Oh My God, and when Finck threw his guitar out of frustration...other than that, the show was the best I’ve ever seen. It was my first show at 17 years old, and I’ve seen every lineup since. Silk Worms is an entirely different animal live, and it was played to perfection that night.

1 hour ago, Carburetta said:

Love how many new songs there are in this, by (mostly) the band who wrote them. And it’s the best they all sounded too.

Robin displays some serious chops here too, and you can hear Paul “Huge”’s guitar clearly in parts which is interesting, guess he had a semi important role during these early shows.

let's just hope a proper dvd and flacs leak soon...