House of Blues 2001 ***NO LINKS***

1 minute ago, grogmug said:

I just saw where you said “no known recording”, which we haven’t seen yet, but we do know it was recorded/pro-shot. The only sound problems were when his mic went out on Oh My God, and when Finck threw his guitar out of frustration...other than that, the show was the best I’ve ever seen. It was my first show at 17 years old, and I’ve seen every lineup since. Silk Worms is an entirely different animal live, and it was played to perfection that night.

ah yes, of course, but I meant it differently. of course every show gets filmed proffesionally, but that's not the kind of stuff that's probably getting out someday. HOB was exception, because it was meant to be released officially in 2002. 

6 minutes ago, ChrisMaciel said:

Funny to see people nowadays reaction to a 2001 show, praising the band and axl’s attitude and voice :lol:

THIS

Remember this forum in 2006 looking back and absolutely hating on the 01/02 era.

Give it a few years and people will be praising the historic VMA performance 

• Haha 1

So amazing to see this! Great show!!

Last night as I watched the show there was a small electric fire in the light fixture on my ceiling. Even after it quickly burnt itself out, it was shooting sparks. I didnt even press pause! I couldn't! I just turned it up louder, flicked off the light switch, got up and took the melted light bulb out. Then I watched the rest of the show in the dark, lol.

Only this morning waking to see the scorched and melted bulb did I really take stock of how ridiculous that was. But Guns N Roses!!!! :headbang:

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Dean said:

What a mental few days. It'll be interesting if anything is said tonight at the show?

I doubt it. I kind of see all of this as separate from what is going on with the band in 2018. I'd be very surprised if it was acknowledged publicly.

• Like 1
  • GNFNR 1

Funny how every year there are endless threads about how bad Axl's voice is, then a year or two later everything is "he was actually pretty good after all that year", for 18 years now. Lol

I'm also convinced more than ever that the voice change was and still is an intentional choice, as you can hear on Live Era vocals very, very similar to how he would be singing live in 2001-2002, 2011-on but with a bit more timber to it due to being in a studio setting and not running around and dancing and shit on stage. And also being able to do single lines and multiple takes and piecing things together instead of one single continuous song needed to regulate his breathing, etc. It's probably what his voice would have always sounded like that high if he wasn't forcing rasp in the 80s and 90s.

Edited by Stro
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, NeonKinight said:

Puerto Rico 2010
HOB 2001
OMG W/ Bumblefoot
Silkworms W/Bumblefoot
This I Love Remix 
SOD 2001 demo
TWAT 2001 demo.

More importantly :

Roxy '86 SOUNDBOARD :drool:

Ucla '86 FIRST PERFORMANCE OF 'PERFECT CRIME' :drool:

oh, and some stuff from Axl's solo years, as listed above ...

*edit* DISCLAIMER : I DON'T HAVE THE FULL LEAKS, JUST THE TEASES, PLEASE STOP FLOODING ME WITH PM'S :lol:

Edited by Nikki_Sixx

41 minutes ago, Stro said:

Funny how every year there are endless threads about how bad Axl's voice is, then a year or two later everything is "he was actually pretty good after all that year", for 18 years now. Lol

I'm also convinced more than ever that the voice change was and still is an intentional choice, as you can hear on Live Era vocals very, very similar to how he would be singing live in 2001-2002, 2011-on but with a bit more timber to it due to being in a studio setting and not running around and dancing and shit on stage. And also being able to do single lines and multiple takes and piecing things together instead of one single continuous song needed to regulate his breathing, etc. It's probably what his voice would have always sounded like that high if he wasn't forcing rasp in the 80s and 90s.

I think people expect his voice to be more towards the Illusion albums/Tokyo level. Fact is that his voice was shredded during that time and it wasn’t natural or healthy. 

Its still there when he needs it but it’s done with more control and picks his spots dynamically. Especially in those early comeback club shows. I think it gives him more range to work musically. I can see how people could love or hate the timbre, but to me it sounds more natural and closer to where he was early in his career  

• Like 1

Axl's vocal range in  2001 was incredible, the switching between chest and head voice was so smooth, it seems very clear to me why Street of Dreams* isn't played anymore. 

*highlight of the show IMO.

• Like 2