House of Blues 2001 ***NO LINKS***

It's unfortuneate things didn't pan out. I loved how Axl reinvented Guns N' Roses, it was very exciting to me back then.

Don't get me wrong, ultimately I am happy that Slash and Duff made it back. It's where they belong. I just wish CD could have made it out in 2002 with a possible follow up in 2006.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, axlinkafayette said:

The whole show seems to have disappeared from YouTube.  Are people finding it or is it gone with the wind?

Without posting a link, let me say dimeadozen is a fantastic resource for live music from a variety of bands and genres. 

Regarding the NuGuns vs Old, I suppose it's a moot point now. I grew up with the original line up, but I can still enjoy Buckethead killing it on Nightrain circa 2002. 

I will never understand the difficulty this band has in releasing new material. Once CD dropped, I thought that would usher in a new era of releases, and here we are, a decade later, still waiting for another album. Worse, there's all the stories of essentially another album (possibly two) already recorded. I know it's a cash cow, but don't these guys get sick of playing Appetite?! 

20 minutes ago, TheSeeker said:

It's a shame that Axl didn't have the sense to cut up the House of Blues show into videos for television broadcast

I'm 100% sure MTV would have aired the live takes of the new songs in rotation around the time of the 2002 VMA's if Axl had asked them - that would have been good, free advertising for the upcoming album

Plus Axl changing his appearence coupled with the vocals at the vma show...just killed their ability to get started on the right foot with public perception that was already turning with Slash being gone 

12 minutes ago, goodtimes8inity said:

Google search, past 24 hours, "guns n roses 2001 house of blues"   I got welcome to the jungle and think about you.

Thanks ! It looks like VHS, but hopefully it was filmed on digital video...
Also, this is really cool to understand some things about Axl voice ;)

It's incredible that this PRO-SHOT has been leaked, but don't despair, remember that in 2016 evidence came out of The Ritz PRO SHOT 1987 and took 1 year to been leaked at all, I hope that this pro shot comes out at the most 1 month, just a little patience...

1 minute ago, Renato23 said:

It's incredible that this PRO-SHOT has been leaked, but don't despair, remember that in 2016 evidence came out of The Ritz PRO SHOT 1987 and took 1 year to been leaked at all, I hope that this pro shot comes out at the most 1 month, just a little patience...

It has come out already, the full show, just the YT links have been taken down.

I hope Axl gets his book out. I’d like to hear about this era. I feel like there will be a lot of spots where we look at the situation and go “that’s why he felt blocked from doing anything” and then there will be some delusional stuff but I think for the most part Axl kind of is the last key in filling in a lot of the gnr history gaps. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Vauxhall95 said:

Without posting a link, let me say dimeadozen is a fantastic resource for live music from a variety of bands and genres. 

Regarding the NuGuns vs Old, I suppose it's a moot point now. I grew up with the original line up, but I can still enjoy Buckethead killing it on Nightrain circa 2002. 

I will never understand the difficulty this band has in releasing new material. Once CD dropped, I thought that would usher in a new era of releases, and here we are, a decade later, still waiting for another album. Worse, there's all the stories of essentially another album (possibly two) already recorded. I know it's a cash cow, but don't these guys get sick of playing Appetite?! 

This sort of thing wouldn't really fly on Dime probably. Dime is specifically for ROIO's (Recordings of Independent Origin). A scrapped official live release isn't really a ROIO, and I could see this getting pulled pretty quickly should it be posted to Dime. 

But otherwise yes, Dime is an excellent source for live music. 

7 minutes ago, Powerage5 said:

But otherwise yes, Dime is an excellent source for live music. 

agreed, probably together with TTD (which is kind of an alternative to Dime).

I heard ZOMB is excellent for bootlegs too, cuz it offers a different variety of bootlegs than the other two. but I was never able to get in there, registration never worked and the staff never responded.

2 minutes ago, GNRfanMILO said:

I’ve been told that what leaked is a compressed 1.4gb version of the HOB bootleg. A full VHS-rip of the show exists (10gb) but that one is still hoarded and hasn’t leaked.

that's correct. if the full quality transfers are indeed from VHS is unknown to me as of now. it's a bit strange, because back in the day if I remember correctly, it was meant to be released as a DVD, not VHS.

Most of the stuff that has leaked recently is compressed. That's a bit stupid, because now, even the lossless rips have no value. I'd be glad to watch this show with a better definition, but what I have seen is more than enough for me.

50 minutes ago, D.. said:

Most of the stuff that has leaked recently is compressed. That's a bit stupid, because now, even the lossless rips have no value. I'd be glad to watch this show with a better definition, but what I have seen is more than enough for me.

I disagree. The quality from the YouTube rips is pretty darn terrible.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, D.. said:

well, what pisses me off most is, that now the compressed crap quality is everywhere on the internet. people will probably say hm okay fine but this looks like shit, they wanted to release THIS? 

1 minute ago, Setzer said:

Also: It's possible that the show was actually shot in 16:9. I've seen other shows from that period shot on video and in 16:9

it's possible, but I don't think so. remember RIR3 happened 14 days later, it was broadcasted and in 4:3.

1 minute ago, zombux said:

it's possible, but I don't think so. remember RIR3 happened 14 days later, it was broadcasted and in 4:3.

Yes, that was broadcast for TVs around the world, in a time where pretty much everyone had 4:3 sets, and no broadcasting standard allowed for 16:9
Shooting a show for (live) broadcast is different than for a video release.

Edited by Setzer

2 hours ago, Setzer said:

Also: It's possible that the show was actually shot in 16:9. I've seen other shows from that period shot on video and in 16:9

no, film is on 4:3 but it can transfer in 16:9 like Star Wars from 1977 or the Queen Concert.. but original film is analog 4:3