House of Blues 2001 ***NO LINKS***

I'm sure we could all come up with tons of ways to market/bundle it. I'm curious about just this show though. I know it would've been a 100% guaranteed purchase for everyone prior to it leaking but I'm wondering how many would purchase it now after having seen it. Glad to see the initial response is positive. I (like many of us I'm sure) would release so much stuff they're just sitting on. 

3 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

I'm sure we could all come up with tons of ways to market/bundle it. I'm curious about just this show though. I know it would've been a 100% guaranteed purchase for everyone prior to it leaking but I'm wondering how many would purchase it now after having seen it. Glad to see the initial response is positive. I (like many of us I'm sure) would release so much stuff they're just sitting on. 

Do eagle rock have an email? Couldn't find one. In fairness if they've done video for Madonna, The Doors, Plant etc (Which I imagine wasn't cheap) I can easily see a Guns release or double release being done given Guns Popularity atm. I would definitely contribute to that, it will happen in this lifetime. Russ Guns are sitting on a goldmine in terms of past concerts.

Edited by MrMojo

The way standard Blu Ray works, you get 2 hours and 15 minutes of high-definition video on one disc, and then you can have up to 2 hours of standard definition video in the extras

So I think the best way to market it would be to edit Rio down to under 2 hours and 15 minutes (shouldn't be hard to do, the original show was around 2 hours 30 minutes and there was a lot of dead space) and include House of Blues as an extra in standard-definition (it's already under 2 hours anyway) and then release it as "Guns N' Roses: Rock in Rio III"

It's been bootlegged enough that the band might as well try and make some money off it

Just now, TheSeeker said:

The way standard Blu Ray works, you get 2 hours and 15 minutes of high-definition video on one disc, and then you can have up to 2 hours of standard definition video in the extras

So I think the best way to market it would be to edit Rio down to under 2 hours and 15 minutes (shouldn't be hard to do, the original show was around 2 hours 30 minutes and there was a lot of dead space) and include House of Blues as an extra in standard-definition (it's already under 2 hours anyway) and then release it as "Guns N' Roses: Rock in Rio III"

It's been bootlegged enough that the band might as well try and make some money off it

Hopefully Fernando might come across this.

Just now, TheSeeker said:

Also remember that Slash and Duff have to sign off on it - might be a hard sell

At least the title "Chinese Democracy Live" would signal to potential buyers that Slash and Duff aren't involved

Good point, everything seems to be good publicly with them so I'm sure an arrangement or compromise could be made.

3 minutes ago, MrMojo said:

Good point, everything seems to be good publicly with them so I'm sure an arrangement or compromise could be made.

Here's an idea - call it "Guns N' Roses: Rock in Rio", make it a double disc set, and include the 1991 shows on the first disc and the 2001 show/House of Blues warm-up on the second disc

Edited by TheSeeker

3 minutes ago, TheSeeker said:

Here's an idea - call it "Guns N' Roses: Rock in Rio", make it a double disc set, and include the 1991 shows on the first disc and the 2001 show/House of Blues warm-up on the second disc

Guns marketing and merch dept needs all of us. Solid idea, Would buy. Imagine Bad Apples on Video .. :axl:

• Like 1

Just now, Gordon Comstock said:

Bad Apples would be fantastic.... which is why HOB 2001 should just be one of many 'vault releases' along with Pantages Theatre 1991 (the 2nd time they played Bad Apples) :D

Need to get in touch with eagle rock somehow.. Really serious about this.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, TheSeeker said:

Both shows are legendary in Brazil to the point where you could probably release it just there and make a ton of money

Shame that their 2011 and 2017 performances didn't live up to the legend

I know RIR 3 had that slash reference but it's 17 years ago now and they're cool. It would be fucking huge in SA. I honestly don't think 4 deserves the shit it gets it's flawed but some performances especially Estranged are excellent. 17 I didn't enjoy too much but he shit happens. They could do a mini South American tour based on sales and maybe that 2010 Documentary could get released..

I always liked to think that im pretty knowledgeable as far as GNR history/major events go, so i feel pretty stupid having to ask this, but here goes:

What is it about this show that makes it such a big deal for it to leak? I mean people are referring to it as the "actual holy grail", what's the deal here?

5 minutes ago, Entman said:

I always liked to think that im pretty knowledgeable as far as GNR history/major events go, so i feel pretty stupid having to ask this, but here goes:

What is it about this show that makes it such a big deal for it to leak? I mean people are referring to it as the "actual holy grail", what's the deal here?

First public appereance of Axl since the 90's and live debut of the (first) CD lineup and the back then new material make is somewhat historic and give it sentimental value. It's been under wraps ever since though, regardless of the outstanding quality of the performances, band is tight as fuck, the intimacy, the beauty of the crowd reactions, a very emotional gig. Perhaps one of the greatest GN'R (lineup changes or not) concerts ever recorded.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, MrMojo said:

I know RIR 3 had that slash reference but it's 17 years ago now and they're cool. It would be fucking huge in SA. I honestly don't think 4 deserves the shit it gets it's flawed but some performances especially Estranged are excellent. 17 I didn't enjoy too much but he shit happens. They could do a mini South American tour based on sales and maybe that 2010 Documentary could get released..

The 2006 and 2010 documentaries are even more interesting to me than the Perfect Crime documentary. I used to think there was no chance we'd ever see them, but I didn't think HOB would leak and this thread would exist either so, what do I know :lol:

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Gordon Comstock said:

The 2006 and 2010 documentaries are even more interesting to me than the Perfect Crime documentary. I used to think there was no chance we'd ever see them, but I didn't think HOB would leak and this thread would exist either so, what do I know :lol:

Think eagle rock or fernando would entertain the idea if we got in touch with either of them? Also I know there's audio for Bad Apples but do you reckon thy shot it and kept it on tape somewhere? Guns could really make money off this because people are willing to buy unlike gnair which is still a bit confusing.

1 hour ago, TheSeeker said:

Eagle Rock is known for scoping up unreleased live shows and releasing them on Blu Ray - not sure they'd go for this since it probably isn't in HD

The 1991 warmup show that was shot on film would have a better chance

I went with Shout Factory because I know their work with their Horror Line of movies. Also they released Slash: Raised On The Sunset Strip. Knowing how popular GNR is I’m certain they have enough things the could make that would sell for solid profit. Plus I imagine getting the rights for concert would be cheaper than getting the rights for a movie. So in this case it’d be win win. Depending on the way stuff sells and if GNR gave the rights of usage I believe the market would be there for live show releasing. Plus turn around time on them would be quicker than a movie especially when you leave off bonus interviews and etc.

If we started a campaign of emailing companies and getting the attention of management/Fernando it’s possible. I know Shout Factory is open to suggestions when submitted if there’s enough demand.

Edited by Grayfox

15 minutes ago, Entman said:

It was the glimmer of hope that preceded 5 years of darkness

Axl overcame his entire band leaving him, deaths of his family and friends, and a major bout of depression to arrive back onstage after a 7 year absence

He didn't look that confident again until 2006 in the midst of a rivalry with Velvet Revolver

1 hour ago, RussTCB said:

While we're on the topic of this somehow ever getting released...............now that everyone's seen it, who would still buy it?

I say this being 100% honest; I would. 

If it was released properly by, let's say Eagle Rock, on an SD Blu-ray. I would

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, MrMojo said:

Think eagle rock or fernando would entertain the idea if we got in touch with either of them? Also I know there's audio for Bad Apples but do you reckon thy shot it and kept it on tape somewhere? Guns could really make money off this because people are willing to buy unlike gnair which is still a bit confusing.

Tell Fernando to release the show in fancy packaging with a t-shirt and I think we've got something. Hell, while we're at it, press some old shows on vinyl, I'd throw money at that faster than you can say 'Live at the House Of Blues'. :lol:

Edited by Gordon Comstock

3 minutes ago, Grayfox said:

I went with Shout Factory because I know their work with their Horror Line of movies. Also they released Slash: Raised On The Sunset Strip. Knowing how popular GNR is I’m certain they have enough things the could make that would sell for solid profit. Plus I imagine getting the rights for concert would be cheaper than getting the rights for a movie. So in this case it’d be win win. Depending on the way stuff sells and if GNR gave the rights of usage I believe the market would be there for live show releasing. Plus turn around time on them would be quicker than a movie especially when you leave off bonus interviews and etc.

If we started a campaign of emailing companies and getting the attention of management/Fernando it’s possible. I know Shout Factory is open to suggestions when submitted if there’s enough demand.

I am very serious about this idea, huge potential.

Just now, Gordon Comstock said:

Tell Fernando to release the show in fancy packaging with a t-shirt and I think we've got something. Hell, while we're at it, press some old shows on vinyl, I'd throw money at that faster than you can say 'Live at the House Of Blues'. :lol:

Hahahaha. Serious question: Anyone here on the forum actually have contact with fernando or a decent relationship?