House of Blues 2001 ***NO LINKS***

Just now, Gordon Comstock said:

@downzy tell @Fernando to log back in. @MrMojo needs to have a 3 hour meeting with him. Thanks.

Hide contents

Sorry :lol:

Just now, Gordon Comstock said:

@downzy tell @Fernando to log back in. @MrMojo needs to have a 3 hour meeting with him. Thanks.

Hide contents

Sorry :lol:

Okay I deserve that haha, on second thought I'm sure I could convince him.

1 minute ago, Gordon Comstock said:

Reveal hidden contents

Sorry. :P

:facepalm::facepalm::headbang::lol:

• Like 1

@Fernando Idea: Rock in rio 1991 and 2001 on a release with the HOB 2001 show as an extra. If any of them could be mixed for release if the multitracks were still available would be cool. Could come up with a t shirt design and put it in a bundle. You know how big you guys are especially down in South America aswell as everywhere else so it would be massive. Think we could make this happen in this lifetime?

Iron Maiden's set from Rock in Rio III was officially released on DVD in 2002 by Sony Legacy:

https://www.amazon.com/Iron-Maiden-Rock-Bruce-Dickinson/dp/B00006G8G1

For an example of what can be done potentially with GNR's set, here's the original broadcast of "2 Minutes to Midnight" from a TV broadcast:

And now here's the same song re-edited for DVD:

• Like 1

Just now, IncitingChaos said:

Y’all know Fernando is going to say “the focus is on the current band and that we shouldn’t be trying to force our deluded opinions on what a band should and shouldn’t be at the expense of other people’s lives. The current band works their asses off to put on a great show night and night out for the real fans and their efforts shouldn’t be taken for granted by “certain” fans who are trying to block the current efforts of this lineup.”

or atleast that’s how I imagine they respond to everything 

Hmmmm, saying that if there's money to be made and the products good I can't see why they wouldn't take a shot at it.

Cool trivia: the re-edit of the Iron Maiden set at Rock in Rio III for DVD was directed by Dean Karr, who later directed the Velvet Revolver videos for Set Me Free, She Builds Quick Machines and Get Out The Door

Edited by TheSeeker

5 minutes ago, TheSeeker said:

Iron Maiden's set from Rock in Rio III was officially released on DVD in 2002 by Sony Legacy:

For an example of what can be done potentially with GNR's set, here's the original broadcast of "2 Minutes to Midnight" from a TV broadcast:

Yeah gonna need that meeting with fernando haha. That's a good job right there.

6 minutes ago, MrMojo said:

Hmmmm, saying that if there's money to be made and the products good I can't see why they wouldn't take a shot at it.

Because it’s a delusional effort to prevent the efforts of the current band and all the work they are doing to keep the real fans happy! Duh 

Just now, IncitingChaos said:

Because it’s a delusional effort to prevent the efforts of the current band and all the work they are doing to keep the real fans happy! Duh 

I will travel treacherous paths to make this happen ;)

• Like 1

4 hours ago, IncitingChaos said:

The emails were fun, 

I remember they had Duff coming back, Beta was a backstabber, Axl was done with gnr, new album blocked, had an enemies list. 

the emails were so specific and so outrageous that no fan could have made it up. It could only exist in Axl’s world  

Really? what did Ax say about Beta?

whst was there about Slash, Izzy, Gilby, Sorum...?

2 hours ago, MrMojo said:

Do eagle rock have an email? Couldn't find one. In fairness if they've done video for Madonna, The Doors, Plant etc (Which I imagine wasn't cheap) I can easily see a Guns release or double release being done given Guns Popularity atm. I would definitely contribute to that, it will happen in this lifetime. Russ Guns are sitting on a goldmine in terms of past concerts.

what? general public didn't give 2  cents about this band, why would they know? 

34 minutes ago, TheSeeker said:

I remember when that Maiden DVD came out and the editing gave me a headache.  The original editing on the TV broadcast is better!

1 hour ago, Entman said:

I always liked to think that im pretty knowledgeable as far as GNR history/major events go, so i feel pretty stupid having to ask this, but here goes:

What is it about this show that makes it such a big deal for it to leak? I mean people are referring to it as the "actual holy grail", what's the deal here?

Because it's a scrapped live release. It was supposed to be released on DVD in 2002, and it never ended up being released. 

17 hours ago, Creed said:

Matt:

"'Paul Huge walked into the studio and made a bad comment about Slash,' says Sorum. I said, 'You don't say that when I'm in the room.' Then Axl laid in, I argued with him and it was over. Huge followed me out into the parking lot and said, 'Come back.' I said, 'I can't come back, he's fired me. Do you feel good about breaking up one of the greatest bands that ever lived?'" (Q Magazine, 05/01)

Slash:"It was like talking to a wall, a wall with a bad attitude. He was totally arrogant and gave off the vibe that he was Axl's boy, that he was in, and that everyone else had to deal with it. In a word, his vibe was "I'm great, fuck you!" And my response was "Yeah? Whatever!" (Slash, autobiography).

But again, the main problem was Axl. He wanted to add Zakk and Paul, while the band didn't want to. Axls comments are totally bizarre and confusing about that era. Axl went totally nuts. For some reasons he was pushing out Slash out of the band. 

Didn't Matt say something like "Fuck off Yoko" to Paul Huge? I remember reading that somewhere. :lol:

13 minutes ago, GoForJMark said:

Didn't Matt say something like "Fuck off Yoko" to Paul Huge? I remember reading that somewhere. :lol:

yes

You're gonna go play 'Sweet Child O' Mine' with fucking Paul Huge? Sorry, dude, it ain't gonna sound right. Fucking 'Welcome to the Jungle' without Slash?' [Axl] says, 'I'm Guns N' Roses - I don't need Slash'. I said, 'You know what? No, you aren't'. We got into a big pissy match; it went onto a bunch of other bullshit for about another 20 minutes. And then he finally said, 'Well, are you gonna fucking quit?' I said, 'No, I don't fucking quit'. And then he said, 'Well, then you're fucking fired.

“Paul Huge chased me out to the parking lot and said, 'What the fuck, man? Just come back in and apologise!' I said, 'Fuck you, Yoko! I'm gone!' And that was it. I went home to my fucking six-level palatial rock star estate with two elevators and my Porsche. I was producing a band called Candlebox at the time, they were living in my house. And I said, 'I just got fired'. They said, 'Ah, fuck he'll call you back', and I said, 'No, not this time'. Cos he'd fired me before but he always called me back. I said, 'No, I don't think so'. And about a month later I got the letter from the lawyers.”

Axl actually referenced this exchange on the House of Blues audience bootleg - after Sweet Child O' Mine he seemingly looks at Paul and says something like "I dunno, it sounds fine to me!"

• Like 1

1 minute ago, F*ck Fear said:

Things are getting out of hand, and people who take pleasure in doing shit like this have to be unstable.

The audience recording of this has been online basically since the show took place.

Agree.. It's taking the life out of things

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, F*ck Fear said:

Things are getting out of hand, and people who take pleasure in doing shit like this have to be unstable.

The audience recording of this has been online basically since the show took place.

These people are utter lunatics

• Like 2

If this band had any sense they'd put together a set like Kissology or that big fucking AC/DC thing with a set of discs focusing on every era. It's an older demographic of blues lawyers with money to burn if the fucking pop up shops and ornate box sets are anything to go by. Imagine a retrospective look at each era from the beginning to Appetite's release, Lies to UYI, Chinese Democracy and then up until now.