House of Blues 2001 ***NO LINKS***

As far as I know Globo owns the rights for the rir broadcast, so what we would get would be the master video from the globo broadcast (same camera agles) and , but only if the band wants, a new audio mix. For example, Nightwish decided to release one song from their RIR 2015 performance on an official release, Tony Kakko from Sonata Arctica was guesting in the song, but during the tv broadcast there were several problems with his mic, so they did a new audio mix. On the credits for that performance it said something like "produced by Rock in Rio" instead of giving names.

Anyway, I highly doubt we'll get an official release from GNR RIR 2001, they could if they wanted to, but is not like Iron Maiden that thought about recording the show before the performance was done.

Btw, Rob Halford's show from RIR 2001 was also officially released. Not a lot of people know that.

7 minutes ago, fanfzero said:

As far as I know Globo owns the rights for the rir broadcast, so what we would get would be the master video from the globo broadcast (same camera agles) and , but only if the band wants, a new audio mix. For example, Nightwish decided to release one song from their RIR 2015 performance on an official release, Tony Kakko from Sonata Arctica was guesting in the song, but during the tv broadcast there were several problems with his mic, so they did a new audio mix. On the credits for that performance it said something like "produced by Rock in Rio" instead of giving names.

Anyway, I highly doubt we'll get an official release from GNR RIR 2001, they could if they wanted to, but is not like Iron Maiden that thought about recording the show before the performance was done.

Btw, Rob Halford's show from RIR 2001 was also officially released. Not a lot of people know that.

after all, I don't really think GNR or anybody else is even remotely interested in officially releasing videos with "those weird people playing there". in audio releases, it's not that apparent, but videos are way too obvious and it makes very little sense to release something, that has absolutely different lineup than the current one (HOB/RIR include only Axl and Dizzy, the others have been replaced by replacements and then their replacements)

8 minutes ago, fanfzero said:

Today I have some free time, so I've just started watching it...on my 49" 4k tv...it looks really awful

A bitrate-starved video, uploaded to YouTube to be reduced even further in quality, looks awful? Who would have thought :P

Edited by Setzer
  • Like 2

15 minutes ago, fanfzero said:

Btw, is this the only show were they used the Rocket Queen orgasm as backing track? Haven't seen it in other performances

Interesting, definitely the only time I've heard it being used. 

The band looks weird, Axl looks weird, Axl sounds.. different (not bad to me, just not old Axl or current Axl), but you know what? This is fantastic. Axl has that fire... he's a raging bull in a tiny cage and it's incredible to watch. I wish he still had that fire with GNR now. Time to shake things up Axl.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, TheSeeker said:

Not a wig, but his jump from "I should cut my long hair" to "I should braid my long hair" was a mistake

anything is better than that lesbian hairstyle he his sporting right now 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

He looks ill there. 

At House of Blues he had the open shirt with one button fastened which shows he was conscious about his weight, and then at Rio he decided to take his shirt off during Paradise City which led to all sorts of unflattering photographs, so I'm guessing 6 months later (the time when the NBA Finals interview was shot) he was desperately trying to lose weight. He showed up in Vegas again at the end of 2001 with 6-pack abs, but at some point between then and GNR's next show in August 2002 he let himself go and put on the jerseys to hide it. 

Listening to the 2002 soundboards of Boston and Pittsburgh and hearing Axl sucking wind between songs was uncomfortable.

I think the only other time he went shirtless after the late 2001 Vegas shows was after the band played CBGB in 2010 and he took his shirt off before exiting the club.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, gnr157 said:

Getting chills watching this show. So glad this is finally surfacing. The energy in the crowd that night was unreal, I have been to at least a dozen GNR shows since and nothing touches this.

you were at both shows at The Joint 2001? care to share some memories and comparison to the HOB show? :)

7 minutes ago, zombux said:

umm... you should buy new glasses, quite strong ones I guess.

Same hair, same look. He just looks a bit more pale and he has no make up on. Looks like House of Blues Axl that just woke up a few minutes ago, to me. Oh and he shaved his sideburns as well.

Edited by Propaganda