Jump to content
joaompc

House of Blues 2001 ***NO LINKS***

Recommended Posts

Btw, is this the only show were they used the Rocket Queen orgasm as backing track? Haven't seen it in other performances

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, fanfzero said:

Btw, is this the only show were they used the Rocket Queen orgasm as backing track? Haven't seen it in other performances

Interesting, definitely the only time I've heard it being used. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The band looks weird, Axl looks weird, Axl sounds.. different (not bad to me, just not old Axl or current Axl), but you know what? This is fantastic. Axl has that fire... he's a raging bull in a tiny cage and it's incredible to watch. I wish he still had that fire with GNR now. Time to shake things up Axl.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Italian girl said:

The only things I Like of this video are..axl's hair!

its a wig ! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, TheSeeker said:

Not a wig, but his jump from "I should cut my long hair" to "I should braid my long hair" was a mistake

 

anything is better than that lesbian hairstyle he his sporting right now 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It looks so different because it's not his natural hair color. But really, I've never given a shit about his hair. His voice is what matters.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

He looks ill there. 

At House of Blues he had the open shirt with one button fastened which shows he was conscious about his weight, and then at Rio he decided to take his shirt off during Paradise City which led to all sorts of unflattering photographs, so I'm guessing 6 months later (the time when the NBA Finals interview was shot) he was desperately trying to lose weight. He showed up in Vegas again at the end of 2001 with 6-pack abs, but at some point between then and GNR's next show in August 2002 he let himself go and put on the jerseys to hide it. 

Listening to the 2002 soundboards of Boston and Pittsburgh and hearing Axl sucking wind between songs was uncomfortable.

I think the only other time he went shirtless after the late 2001 Vegas shows was after the band played CBGB in 2010 and he took his shirt off before exiting the club.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Getting chills watching this show. So glad this is finally surfacing. The energy in the crowd that night was unreal, I have been to at least a dozen GNR shows since and nothing touches this.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, gnr157 said:

Getting chills watching this show. So glad this is finally surfacing. The energy in the crowd that night was unreal, I have been to at least a dozen GNR shows since and nothing touches this.

you were at both shows at The Joint 2001? care to share some memories and comparison to the HOB show? :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, donny said:

anything is better than that lesbian hairstyle he his sporting right now 

He looks exactly like in the House of Blues show. The only difference is that he's not under the show lights.

Edited by Propaganda

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Propaganda said:

He looks exactly like in the House of Blues show. The only difference is that he's not under the show lights.

umm... you should buy new glasses, quite strong ones I guess.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, zombux said:

umm... you should buy new glasses, quite strong ones I guess.

Same hair, same look. He just looks a bit more pale and he has no make up on. Looks like House of Blues Axl that just woke up a few minutes ago, to me. Oh and he shaved his sideburns as well.

Edited by Propaganda

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, TheSeeker said:

At House of Blues he had the open shirt with one button fastened which shows he was conscious about his weight, and then at Rio he decided to take his shirt off during Paradise City which led to all sorts of unflattering photographs, so I'm guessing 6 months later (the time when the NBA Finals interview was shot) he was desperately trying to lose weight. He showed up in Vegas again at the end of 2001 with 6-pack abs, but at some point between then and GNR's next show in August 2002 he let himself go and put on the jerseys to hide it. 

Listening to the 2002 soundboards of Boston and Pittsburgh and hearing Axl sucking wind between songs was uncomfortable.

I think the only other time he went shirtless after the late 2001 Vegas shows was after the band played CBGB in 2010 and he took his shirt off before exiting the club.

I meant that interview posted above, the one where his eyebrows have mysteriously vanished. 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, TheSeeker said:

At House of Blues he had the open shirt with one button fastened which shows he was conscious about his weight...
He showed up in Vegas again at the end of 2001 with 6-pack abs, but at some point between then and GNR's next show in August 2002 he let himself go and put on the jerseys to hide it.

This is all just guesswork on your part

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, TheSeeker said:

At House of Blues he had the open shirt with one button fastened which shows he was conscious about his weight, and then at Rio he decided to take his shirt off during Paradise City which led to all sorts of unflattering photographs, so I'm guessing 6 months later (the time when the NBA Finals interview was shot) he was desperately trying to lose weight. He showed up in Vegas again at the end of 2001 with 6-pack abs, but at some point between then and GNR's next show in August 2002 he let himself go and put on the jerseys to hide it. 

Listening to the 2002 soundboards of Boston and Pittsburgh and hearing Axl sucking wind between songs was uncomfortable.

I think the only other time he went shirtless after the late 2001 Vegas shows was after the band played CBGB in 2010 and he took his shirt off before exiting the club.

He unbuttoned his shirt once in 2006 and he looked like 1992; even more defined than December 2001.

But what you said, that's why I keep saying that the two December shows are the Holy Grail. If he got his body in such awesome shape just like in 2006 then maybe he worked on his voice too. It's absolutely ridiculous there isn't a single but of audio from those shows. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Jordan Rose said:

It's absolutely ridiculous there isn't a single but of audio from those shows. 

Definitely agree. Surely someone must have recorded it? The audience bootleg from 01/01/01 was very good. I'd have expected someone to record them too considering it was the first shows in 11 months.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Dean said:

Definitely agree. Surely someone must have recorded it? The audience bootleg from 01/01/01 was very good. I'd have expected someone to record them too considering it was the first shows in 11 months.

It's truly bizarre. We just have those 5 or 6 pics from one person from one song from 1 night. Only thing that makes sense is that security was super tight and confiscated shit. I really wanna hear what he sounded like at those shows, especially Madagascar. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Jordan Rose said:

It's truly bizarre. We just have those 5 or 6 pics from one person from one song from 1 night. Only thing that makes sense is that security was super tight and confiscated shit. I really wanna hear what he sounded like at those shows, especially Madagascar. 

I was there in the pit dead center stage and it was absolutely awesome! I would LOVE to get a copy of the show! I'm also searching for a t-shirt or a poster from that night of anyone has one they would like to SALE or trade. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×