joaompc

House of Blues 2001 ***NO LINKS***

I'd love to be able to watch this. Not sure where though...

I Love Axl's braids and hockey jersey look. It's rebellious nature was probably more 'rock' in it's own right, than conforming to the norm. He didn't give a shit and it was awesome.

6 hours ago, Setzer said:

Did this ever leak as a DVD, or was it confined to the poor YouTube 360p clip?

I think I read it was compressed on porpouse by the guy who gave it to the leaker so he would know if it was his version the one that was leaked. What I have is a 720p (obviously fake) youtube rip, apparently the original compressed file (the original file that was uploaded to youtube before being compressed more by youtube) is also circulating, but I don't have it. Apparently it comes from an vhs copy, not from a DVD.

- This supposedly comes from an vhs tape

- It's compressed on porpouse

- A 10GB version exists, but it's not in public circulation

Edited by fanfzero
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, junior201 said:

Could you clarify how you have this information that these files exist?

consider it a fact :)

• Like 1

I was looking at the timeline and saw something I don't think anyone's pointed out:

January 1st, 2001 - The new GN'R line-up plays their first show together at the House Of Blues in Las Vegas.

September 13th, 2001 - The release of the Live In Las Vegas 2001 DVD/VHS is cancelled.

December 29th, 2001 - GN'R plays at The Joint in Las Vegas, Nevada.

December 31st, 2001 - GN'R plays at The Joint in Las Vegas, Nevada.
Slash wanted to see the show, but was not let in.

Doug Goldstein, GN'R's manager, said: "We didn’t know what his intentions were. If nothing else, it would have been a distraction. Axl was really nervous about these shows. We decided on our own not to take any risk."

So, in theory, Slash could have legally halted the VHS/DVD release of the New Year's 2001 show and then showed up a few months later at the New Year's 2002 show to rub it in

Axl said in early 2001 that Slash was still welcome to come back, so I'm guessing between the VHS/DVD cancellation and Slash showing up at the New Year's show, the rift was solidified between them for good

I wonder if Slash and Duff actually watched the VHS/DVD or if they just refused to sign off in principle

1 hour ago, TheSeeker said:

I was looking at the timeline and saw something I don't think anyone's pointed out:

So, in theory, Slash could have legally halted the VHS/DVD release of the New Year's 2001 show and then showed up a few months later at the New Year's 2002 show to rub it in

Axl said in early 2001 that Slash was still welcome to come back, so I'm guessing between the VHS/DVD cancellation and Slash showing up at the New Year's show, the rift was solidified between them for good

I wonder if Slash and Duff actually watched the VHS/DVD or if they just refused to sign off in principle

I think there were also troubles with this with Apettite for Democracy, a lot of theaters were announced for it on March 2014 and it wasn't released until July. I called a local cinema and they told me the proyection was cancelled due to distribution rights.

On 7/10/2018 at 6:39 AM, RussTCB said:

I'm probably the biggest Robin fan around here (if not ever lol) so I of course agree. His TIL solo is my favorite solo in GN'R history. I also think the solo in The Blues is amazing and show's even more of what he could've done. I really hope, against all odds, that more stuff he recorded with GN'R is released someday.

That's the exact feelings I had when I first watched it. I was shocked that I was actually seeing it at first. Then about 3 songs in I started getting this sinking "wasted potential" feeling. I watched almost the entire rest of the show with kind of a "slow, head shaking" feeling if that makes sense. 

Yup, I completely get it. Whenever I pop in a bootleg rather if its a dvd or cd of that tour, regardless how Axl sounded on some nights, I end up doing the same thing...just a slow head shake on what could of been.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TheSeeker said:

wait, where?

4 hours ago, TheSeeker said:

Not sure Slash could have blocked the release of the VHS/DVD. NuGuns was under a new partnership that Slash had no stake in. Axl continued with the Guns N' Roses name, but it was like he branched off and created his own band. Though they did play old Guns material and i don't know if thats where he would need Slash/Duffs approval. If so that would be a dumb & short sighted move by them not to sign off.

My guess is Axl was paranoid about how he looked and sounded and decided to shelve it.

Edited by -W.A.R-
  • Like 1

34 minutes ago, -W.A.R- said:

Not sure Slash could have blocked the release of the VHS/DVD. NuGuns was under a new partnership that Slash had no stake in. Axl continued with the Guns N' Roses name, but it was like he branched off and created his own band. Though they did play old Guns material and im not sure if thars were he would need Slash/Duffs approval. If so that would be a dumb & short sighted move by them not to sign off.

My guess is Axl was paranoid about how he looked and sounded and decided to shelve it.

Although it's been considered a fact that Axl formed a new partnership (NuGnR), it's doubtful that it really happened. Axl didn't leave the old partnership, even though he formed a new band; and Slash and Duff didn't leave either (although they left the band) so they kept their controlling rights to the assets and the back catalogue. It's complicated:

7 hours ago, -W.A.R- said:

Not sure Slash could have blocked the release of the VHS/DVD. NuGuns was under a new partnership that Slash had no stake in. Axl continued with the Guns N' Roses name, but it was like he branched off and created his own band. Though they did play old Guns material and i don't know if thats where he would need Slash/Duffs approval. If so that would be a dumb & short sighted move by them not to sign off.

Slash/Duff/Axl never ceased being "Guns N' Roses" as a legal entity.

The only officially released material that was sold by NewGNR was the Chinese Democracy album and the Appetite for Democracy DVD/Blu Ray.

7 hours ago, Blackstar said:

Although it's been considered a fact that Axl formed a new partnership (NuGnR), it's doubtful that it really happened. Axl didn't leave the old partnership, even though he formed a new band; and Slash and Duff didn't leave either (although they left the band) so they kept their controlling rights to the assets and the back catalogue. It's complicated:

Axl did did leave the partnership in August 95

2 minutes ago, Fashionista said:

Axl did did leave the partnership in August 95

In August 95 he sent a resignation letter/legal notice saying he would leave the partnership on Dec. 31st (because according to a clause in the 1992 partnership agreement, a partner who wanted to leave had to sent a notice 120 days before). But it seems he never left. I go on detail on this in the posts I linked.

9 hours ago, -W.A.R- said:

With releases of music on physical media or streaming, a statute governs the rate for uses of another person's song. For instance, if Axl had released a double-CD of the 1/1/2001 show, he would not need Slash, Duff, Izzy, or Steven's permission to release any old GN'R songs, nor would he need permission for any cover songs (Bob Dylan for "Knockin' on Heaven's Door" or Paul McCartney for "Live and Let Die."). For video, however, no such statute exists. Individual songwriters have to give permission, and can make up any arbitrary number they want. I do not know whether Slash withholding permission or pricing himself too high was what actually occurred to prevent the HOB DVD, but he definitely could have. Rumors I've heard here over the years, however, suggest the band never fully paid the crew, so I would imagine that was more likely the cause of this DVD disappearing. 

With the Appetite for Democracy DVD/Blu-Ray, I remember reading Neil Young wanted too much for "Don't Let It Bring You Down," which was why it got cut from the DVD. Apparently, Slash wanted to renegotiate his rates, which led to some concern he would effectively "block" the release. Instead, his requests were actually fairly reasonable, and apparently began the "thaw" between Axl and Slash. 

• Like 1

On 6/14/2018 at 6:04 AM, Propaganda said:

Who cares about the VMAS... it’s a 20 something minutes soundcheck...

40 minute soundcheck/rehearsal

Edited by 80309561

I hope this gets an official release some day. Maybe in 20 years we may get a Chinese Democracy box set! :lol:

9 hours ago, 80309561 said:

40 minute soundcheck/rehearsal

Yeah well... Still no value for me. At this point for me, only the songs have value, if they’re at pristine quality.

6 minutes ago, Propaganda said:

Yeah well... Still no value for me. At this point for me, only the songs have value, if they’re at pristine quality.

the rehearsal is worth around $200-300, I'd say. not more.

1 hour ago, zombux said:

the rehearsal is worth around $200-300, I'd say. not more.

I wouldn't give 100$ for it. Let alone that price.

I'm curious about The General though. I really like what I can hear from that clip.

28 minutes ago, Axl4ever7 said:

It's official? The MTV VMA rehearsals are in somebody's possession?

yes, of what I know that only one guy has it (but that was already known for DECADES literally). 

demands such a crazy amount of cash for it, that I laughed hard over it and said no way.

Edited by zombux
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, zombux said:

sim, do que eu sei que apenas um cara tem (mas isso já era conhecido por DÉCADAS literalmente). 

exige uma quantidade tão louca de dinheiro por isso, que eu ri muito e disse de jeito nenhum.

Give me the contact of this guy that I buy and release for everyone