joaompc

House of Blues 2001 ***NO LINKS***

2 hours ago, zombux said:

yes, of what I know that only one guy has it (but that was already known for DECADES literally). 

demands such a crazy amount of cash for it, that I laughed hard over it and said no way.

How much?

Hahahahahaha that’s the most hilarious thing I’ve ever heard! I hope that bastard NEVER sees a single penny. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, axlrosefan4life said:

Lol, good luck! 

• Like 1

On 11/07/2018 at 10:50 PM, TheSeeker said:

Axl said in early 2001 that Slash was still welcome to come back, so I'm guessing between the VHS/DVD cancellation and Slash showing up at the New Year's show, the rift was solidified between them for good

Where he said it? still waiting for the reply.

52 minutes ago, NeonKinight said:

Where he said it? still waiting for the reply.

This information came from Marc Canter. Axl had told him in 2001 that Slash would be welcomed to play on CD if he apologised "for the lies he had said in the media". Marc said that Axl was thinking of using some of the Slash material from 1994-96 and that's why he wanted Slash on the album.

Interestingly enough, I think that about the same time (a little earlier probably) Axl had called Izzy asking for the tapes of the 1995 sessions with Duff and kept two songs (one of them was Down By The Ocean). He had also asked Izzy to play in RIR 2001.

Edited by Blackstar
  • Thanks 1

Those kinda of info's never reach this side of the world, I think

Anyway, tks for the reply.

• Like 1

"It is speculated that Slash, who left GN'R to form Slash's Snakepit, will be watching the show in Rock in Rio 3 and will be able to participate in the presentation of his former group.

Slash said in interviews that it's possible, and it only depends on Axl, since he will play in Argentina around the same days, and will be keen to watch the Guns N 'Roses show in Rio."

https://www1.folha.uol.com.br/folha/ilustrada/ult90u8657.shtml

35 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

This information came from Marc Canter. Axl had told him in 2001 that Slash would be welcomed to play on CD if he apologised "for the lies he had said in the media". Marc said that Axl was thinking of using some of the Slash material from 1994-96 and that's why he wanted Slash on the album.

Interestingly enough, I think that about the same time (a little earlier probably) Axl had called Izzy asking for the tapes of the 1995 sessions with Duff and kept two songs (one of them was Down By The Ocean). He had also asked Izzy to play in RIR 2001.

huh. I heard the former, at least I vaguely remember so.

but that Izzy thing is very "new" to me :)

3 hours ago, zombux said:

huh. I heard the former, at least I vaguely remember so.

but that Izzy thing is very "new" to me :)

From a 2001 Izzy interview:

Didn't you listen to something of new Guns N' Roses?

No, I just saw a report on them in Q, in England. There was a photograph where Axl was not really to his advantage, he was large and puffed up. I hope that that sounds better than it looks. Axl called me when he had the plan to play Rock In Rio. I don't believe that he hoped to reform the group as a whole because I am the only one that he called, but, in any event, I declined the offer. Maybe he estimated that his group was not good enough, all the same they had rather positive reviews on the whole. Axl is really a special type, he's too hard to manage.

You were involved too much in your own projects to agree to follow him...

Yes, I already had this album in preparation and I prefer to leave on the road with my group, I find everything I need there without problems that occur when you're with Axl...

https://izzystradlin.wixsite.com/unofficial/copy-of-guns-roses-bad-boys-give-i-29

The other thing, about Axl asking Izzy for the tapes, I didn't know either until I read a quote from another 2001 interview posted by @downliner. I thought Axl had these Izzy songs since '95.

Izzy: In '95, Duff and me recorded songs for the band [GN'R]. We made a tape that went nowhere. Then, a couple of months ago I have a message on my answering machine: 'Yo! It's Axl, I need a copy of the songs that you did.' There was one called 'Down by the Ocean' or 'Down by the Sea', they may have used it.

http://www.mygnrforum.com/topic/220883-guns-n-roses-related-studio-sessions-a-definitive-collection-of-available-info/?do=findComment&comment=4599981

Edited by Blackstar

Axl has confirmed Down by The Ocean, so that one they definitely use it. Dunno if it's finished, but at this point I would be convinced that there's at least an advanced stage demo of it.

6 hours ago, Propaganda said:

Axl has confirmed Down by The Ocean, so that one they definitely use it. Dunno if it's finished, but at this point I would be convinced that there's at least an advanced stage demo of it.

I think it was on a setlist circa-2006, so the band had rehearsed it in case Izzy wanted to try it

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Blackstar said:

Those 94-96 sessions hopefully will make it on the UYI remaster one day. I would love to get the full scope of what sound they would be going for

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Wagszilla said:

Did anyone split up the MP3 file into individual tracks? 

Good question. I'd love it if someone did that.

Actually, never mind, I have someone taking care of it right now ;)

On 7/17/2018 at 5:24 PM, RussTCB said:

Good question. I'd love it if someone did that.

Actually, never mind, I have someone taking care of it right now ;)

it might also be interesting to make a SBD/AUD matrix, that old AUD recording has itself very good quality! :)

• Like 2

I was going to split the file up and do that when this initially came to light, but thought it might be better to hold out to see if the better version comes out as the audio isn't the greatest. Still, if someone is splicing it up, I wouldn't say no to it!

• Like 1

Have we figured out why audio from the audience recording was spliced into the mix? 

Was the VHS tape damaged? Or was the audience audio added to de-value the bootleg on the trading market?

Does the 10GB file have unedited audio, or is it the same?

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, TheSeeker said:

Have we figured out why audio from the audience recording was spliced into the mix? 

Was the VHS tape damaged? Or was the audience audio added to de-value the bootleg on the trading market?

Does the 10GB file have unedited audio, or is it the same?

I don't think the audience recording was spliced into the mix - it sounds more like a VHS audio drop out to me since it's very brief moments of audio glitching

12 minutes ago, Evan442 said:

I don't think the audience recording was spliced into the mix - it sounds more like a VHS audio drop out to me since it's very brief moments of audio glitching

to me some parts indeed sound like they have been patched from the audience recording. but who knows...

• Like 2