House of Blues 2001 ***NO LINKS***

3 hours ago, zombux said:

huh. I heard the former, at least I vaguely remember so.

but that Izzy thing is very "new" to me :)

From a 2001 Izzy interview:

Didn't you listen to something of new Guns N' Roses?

No, I just saw a report on them in Q, in England. There was a photograph where Axl was not really to his advantage, he was large and puffed up. I hope that that sounds better than it looks. Axl called me when he had the plan to play Rock In Rio. I don't believe that he hoped to reform the group as a whole because I am the only one that he called, but, in any event, I declined the offer. Maybe he estimated that his group was not good enough, all the same they had rather positive reviews on the whole. Axl is really a special type, he's too hard to manage.

You were involved too much in your own projects to agree to follow him...

Yes, I already had this album in preparation and I prefer to leave on the road with my group, I find everything I need there without problems that occur when you're with Axl...

https://izzystradlin.wixsite.com/unofficial/copy-of-guns-roses-bad-boys-give-i-29

The other thing, about Axl asking Izzy for the tapes, I didn't know either until I read a quote from another 2001 interview posted by @downliner. I thought Axl had these Izzy songs since '95.

Izzy: In '95, Duff and me recorded songs for the band [GN'R]. We made a tape that went nowhere. Then, a couple of months ago I have a message on my answering machine: 'Yo! It's Axl, I need a copy of the songs that you did.' There was one called 'Down by the Ocean' or 'Down by the Sea', they may have used it.

http://www.mygnrforum.com/topic/220883-guns-n-roses-related-studio-sessions-a-definitive-collection-of-available-info/?do=findComment&comment=4599981

Edited by Blackstar

6 hours ago, Propaganda said:

Axl has confirmed Down by The Ocean, so that one they definitely use it. Dunno if it's finished, but at this point I would be convinced that there's at least an advanced stage demo of it.

I think it was on a setlist circa-2006, so the band had rehearsed it in case Izzy wanted to try it

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Blackstar said:

This information came from Marc Canter. Axl had told him in 2001 that Slash would be welcomed to play on CD if he apologised "for the lies he had said in the media". Marc said that Axl was thinking of using some of the Slash material from 1994-96 and that's why he wanted Slash on the album.

Interestingly enough, I think that about the same time (a little earlier probably) Axl had called Izzy asking for the tapes of the 1995 sessions with Duff and kept two songs (one of them was Down By The Ocean). He had also asked Izzy to play in RIR 2001.

Those 94-96 sessions hopefully will make it on the UYI remaster one day. I would love to get the full scope of what sound they would be going for

• Like 2

On 7/17/2018 at 5:24 PM, RussTCB said:

Good question. I'd love it if someone did that.

Actually, never mind, I have someone taking care of it right now ;)

it might also be interesting to make a SBD/AUD matrix, that old AUD recording has itself very good quality! :)

• Like 2

I was going to split the file up and do that when this initially came to light, but thought it might be better to hold out to see if the better version comes out as the audio isn't the greatest. Still, if someone is splicing it up, I wouldn't say no to it!

• Like 1

Have we figured out why audio from the audience recording was spliced into the mix? 

Was the VHS tape damaged? Or was the audience audio added to de-value the bootleg on the trading market?

Does the 10GB file have unedited audio, or is it the same?

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, TheSeeker said:

Have we figured out why audio from the audience recording was spliced into the mix? 

Was the VHS tape damaged? Or was the audience audio added to de-value the bootleg on the trading market?

Does the 10GB file have unedited audio, or is it the same?

I don't think the audience recording was spliced into the mix - it sounds more like a VHS audio drop out to me since it's very brief moments of audio glitching

12 minutes ago, Evan442 said:

I don't think the audience recording was spliced into the mix - it sounds more like a VHS audio drop out to me since it's very brief moments of audio glitching

to me some parts indeed sound like they have been patched from the audience recording. but who knows...

• Like 2

On 7/6/2018 at 7:56 PM, RussTCB said:

Totally agree. I was SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO bummed when the first studio leak happened and those leads were gone.

I was equally as bummed when Madagascar leaked and Robin's backing vox were replaced with the sound of one million Axl's. 

Question on this one actually.

I know that for the 2001-2002 shows it was Robin on the background vocals, but was it confirmed that he ever actually laid down those vocals in the studio for the song? Would be killer to hear a version with Robin (if it actually exists!)

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Setzer said:

No doubt the audio cuts replaced with the audience source was done to lessen the quality, and used as a "watermark" by whoever shared it.

Yes, the start of think about you comes clearly from the audience source. And the audience source was also compressed, luckily I'm working with master audience flac files

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Axl4ever7 said:

Bypass the audio drop outs and make perfect flacs from the audio.

I'll wait for an uncompressed pro-shot source

My mkv will have

- Main audio track (matrix audio) pcm 

- 2nd audio track (original compressed pro-shot audio) lossy

-3rd audio track (audience source) pcm

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, fanfzero said:

I'll wait for an uncompressed pro-shot source

My mkv will have

- Main audio track (matrix audio) pcm 

- 2nd audio track (original compressed pro-shot audio) lossy

-3rd audio track (audience source) pcm