House of Blues 2001 ***NO LINKS***

55 minutes ago, CCudder said:

Watching this as I type. Man, the band was on fire that night. This as a full release and mixed in with CD coming out in 1999 would have been mega. It’s a damn shame. 

I love and hate this show.

Love the CD tracks performed by the actual band, but hate everything else. Old GNR songs look so out of place being performed by the "new" band. 

2 hours ago, Shacklermyrye said:

When this leaked I remember watching it on a massive projector at about 3 AM, Jaw on the floor shaking my head in a stunned semi catatonic state that it was actually happening.

This is still the craziest thing that ever leaked to me. I never in my wildest dreams imagined I'd ever get to see this. 

• Like 3
  • GNFNR 1

3 hours ago, Powerage5 said:

This is still the craziest thing that ever leaked to me. I never in my wildest dreams imagined I'd ever get to see this. 

Oh for sure, even with all the recent leaks, I don't really think anything compares to the HOB in terms of mythical status.

A lot of people looked in a lot of places for a lot of years, but I don't think anyone thought that one would ever really be found.

I really, really don't understand the interest people had for this audio to leak as a 'Holy Grail' thing. Yeah, it's pro-shot which is cool , but it's the exact same Axl voice and look from Rio two weeks later and we already had good audio.

But nobody ever mentions the two anomalous shows on 29th and 31st December a year later for which we have ZERO audio, nevermind video. Axl was ripped, looked amazing with long, non-braided hair and it was over 6 months away until the 2002 tour. We have no idea what he sounded like and how he would have moved around being both in 1992 shape and without the cumbersome, awkward braids. 

Sat. December 29th Las Vegas, NV @ The Joint

Attendance: 1400

Setlist: Welcome To The Jungle, It's So Easy, Mr. Brownstone, Live And Let Die, Oh My God, Think About You, You Could Be Mine, Sweet Child O' Mine, Sweet Child O' Mine, Knockin' On Heaven's Door, Out Ta Get Me, Madagascar, Rocket Queen, November Rain, Chinese Democracy, The Blues, Patience, Silk Worms, My Michelle, Paradise City

Notes: First of the two shows in Las Vegas. There were technical difficulties during the set. Axl walked off stage during Oh My God. Tickets were $125-250.

Picture(s): GN'R, Axl (photos by Karl)
Review(s): Allstar

Mon. December 31st 2001 Las Vegas, NV @ The Joint

Setlist: Welcome To The Jungle, It's So Easy, Mr. Brownstone, Live And Let Die, Oh My God, Think About You, You Could Be Mine, Sweet Child O' Mine, Knockin' On Heaven's Door, Madagascar, New Year's Celebration with confetti and balloons, November Rain, Out Ta Get Me, Buckethead solo (electric), Rocket Queen, Chinese Democracy, Buckethead solo (acoustic), Patience, The Blues, Silkworms, My Michelle, Nightrain

Encore: Paradise City

Notes: A more energetic show than the previous one. Tickets were $200-300post-6-976x420.jpg

Edited by Jordan Rose
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Jordan Rose said:

I really, really don't understand the interest people had for this audio to leak as a 'Holy Grail' thing. Yeah, it's pro-shot which is cool , but it's the exact same Axl voice and look from Rio two weeks later and we already had good audio.

But nobody ever mentions the two anomalous shows on 29th and 31st December a year later for which we have ZERO audio, nevermind video. Axl was ripped, looked amazing with long, non-braided hair and it was over 6 months away until the 2002 tour. We have no idea what he sounded like and how he would have moved around being both in 1992 shape and without the cumbersome, awkward braids. 

Setlist: Welcome To The Jungle, It's So Easy, Mr. Brownstone, Live And Let Die, Oh My God, Think About You, You Could Be Mine, Sweet Child O' Mine, Sweet Child O' Mine, Knockin' On Heaven's Door, Out Ta Get Me, Madagascar, Rocket Queen, November Rain, Chinese Democracy, The Blues, Patience, Silk Worms, My Michelle, Paradise City

Notes: First of the two shows in Las Vegas. There were technical difficulties during the set. Axl walked off stage during Oh My God. Tickets were $125-250.

Setlist: Welcome To The Jungle, It's So Easy, Mr. Brownstone, Live And Let Die, Oh My God, Think About You, You Could Be Mine, Sweet Child O' Mine, Knockin' On Heaven's Door, Madagascar, New Year's Celebration with confetti and balloons, November Rain, Out Ta Get Me, Buckethead solo (electric), Rocket Queen, Chinese Democracy, Buckethead solo (acoustic), Patience, The Blues, Silkworms, My Michelle, Nightrain

Notes: A more energetic show than the previous one. Tickets were $200-300post-6-976x420.jpg

HOB 2001 was a far better performance than Rock In Rio. And on top of it, it's the first GN'R show since 1993, not the second.

I do agree about the following year,  though. I've always been intrigued with these shows.

• GNFNR 1

8 minutes ago, F*ck Fear said:

HOB 2001 was a far better performance than Rock In Rio. And on top of it, it's the first GN'R show since 1993, not the second.

I do agree about the following year,  though. I've always been intrigued with these shows.

Sure, he wasn't running around a giant stage all night and having endless monitor issues. But they didn't play Madagascar which really sucks because he sounded absolutely amazing at Rio until he decided to run during the scream and then copped out of the high notes after that. In 2002 on Madagascar his voice never had that rich, deep tone from Rio. I just imagine he still had that in December '01. 

11 minutes ago, F*ck Fear said:

I was asking a guy on the Discord chat about those shows. He was at both and had been to 50+ Guns shows. He said neither were anything special and wouldn’t make his top 10. Shame as I was always intrigued by them as nothing has ever come out from those shows.

2 hours ago, Dean said:

I was asking a guy on the Discord chat about those shows. He was at both and had been to 50+ Guns shows. He said neither were anything special and wouldn’t make his top 10. Shame as I was always intrigued by them as nothing has ever come out from those shows.

Would still be worth watching for possible rants if nothing else

2 hours ago, Jordan Rose said:

Axl was yeling at the monitor guy all night at Rio and his vocals were drowned out on a lot of songs

Vegas was a much better audio mix

It's interesting though that on both the Vegas and Rio recordings, Axl's vocals at the beginning of "Think About You" are drowned out at the very beginning then suddenly jump in - they must have fucked up some preset on the mixing board and had to override it both times

3 hours ago, Jordan Rose said:

Some pretty interesting stuff in this thread from 2012 about the 29th show.

http://www.mygnrforum.com/topic/187655-december-29th-las-vegas-2001/

I don’t understand the no link stuff.  I know Gnr is a pain and loves legal work, but this is totally different than new music leaks.   Shows that were performed are out there for anyone with a camera.  New music leaking is different and I see and understand the issue.  Links to a show that was performed for the public should be allowed. 

Edited by yourcrazy
Spelling
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, yourcrazy said:

I don’t understand the no link stuff.  I know Gnr is a pain and loves legal work, but this is totally different than new music leaks.   Shows that were performed are out there for anyone with a camera.  New music leaking is different and I see and understand the issue.  Links to a show that was performed for the public should be allowed. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, yourcrazy said:

In addition to what @alfierose added, keep in mind this leak in particular is something that was reportedly supposed to be officially released back in 2003 or so. This is just another house feed like when a new UYI proshot or something leaks - this is something that was filmed and produced by the band. 

• Like 2