House of Blues 2001 ***NO LINKS***

1 minute ago, lukepowell1988 said:

I would love to see this I am guessing it would be hard to file share it giving the size?

How is it quality wise? 576p? 

I couldn’t download it yet, I’m not at home.

People are saying the quality is better than the 1.4gb leak but not that much. Apparently the person who had the tape did a shitty transfer. So this is as good as it gets :shrugs:

On 9/13/2019 at 4:57 AM, Jordan Rose said:

I really, really don't understand the interest people had for this audio to leak as a 'Holy Grail' thing. Yeah, it's pro-shot which is cool , but it's the exact same Axl voice and look from Rio two weeks later and we already had good audio.

But nobody ever mentions the two anomalous shows on 29th and 31st December a year later for which we have ZERO audio, nevermind video. Axl was ripped, looked amazing with long, non-braided hair and it was over 6 months away until the 2002 tour. We have no idea what he sounded like and how he would have moved around being both in 1992 shape and without the cumbersome, awkward braids. 

Sat. December 29th Las Vegas, NV @ The Joint

Attendance: 1400

Setlist: Welcome To The Jungle, It's So Easy, Mr. Brownstone, Live And Let Die, Oh My God, Think About You, You Could Be Mine, Sweet Child O' Mine, Sweet Child O' Mine, Knockin' On Heaven's Door, Out Ta Get Me, Madagascar, Rocket Queen, November Rain, Chinese Democracy, The Blues, Patience, Silk Worms, My Michelle, Paradise City

Notes: First of the two shows in Las Vegas. There were technical difficulties during the set. Axl walked off stage during Oh My God. Tickets were $125-250.

Picture(s): GN'R, Axl (photos by Karl)
Review(s): Allstar

Mon. December 31st 2001 Las Vegas, NV @ The Joint

Attendance: 1400

Setlist: Welcome To The Jungle, It's So Easy, Mr. Brownstone, Live And Let Die, Oh My God, Think About You, You Could Be Mine, Sweet Child O' Mine, Knockin' On Heaven's Door, Madagascar, New Year's Celebration with confetti and balloons, November Rain, Out Ta Get Me, Buckethead solo (electric), Rocket Queen, Chinese Democracy, Buckethead solo (acoustic), Patience, The Blues, Silkworms, My Michelle, Nightrain

Encore: Paradise City

Notes: A more energetic show than the previous one. Tickets were $200-300post-6-976x420.jpg

I was at the 29th show. It was fucking amazing. Axl sounded great. He looked amazing. When he came out I almost couldn’t believe it after seeing the pictures from HOB and Rock and Rio. And....I’m pretty sure they were filming it. So if a tape exists it should top HOB as the holy grail pro shot. 

This file stinks for multiple reasons, first of all, its in wmv and one must be really a tard to use that as a codec for capturing since its lossy AF. Second it's shows signs of combing in the moving parts and i tried to inverse telecine it of to no avail. So either it was captured by a retard or it was converted and ruined on purpose so the original file still has some trading value. I'm quite sure it was destroyed with a reason and the fact that it has major combing, the picture was shifted, the audio is heavily compressed and the format this file has proves that.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, jamillos said:

Honestly, considering it's a 10GB file, the quality sucks. 

Definitely. Pictute quality only seems higher because the screen is smaller (uncropped with larger black boarder), but even that is still quite pixelated considering. Audio still has the same heavy compression artifacts. Plus it's .wmv - who tf still uses .wmv?

So it's basically the same quality as before, but takes up 10x as much space.

8 hours ago, -W.A.R- said:

Quality doesn't sound worth it though.

It's not.

Edited by Azifwekare

8 minutes ago, Azifwekare said:

To whoever leaked this, your time would have been better spent throwing up a link to Zodiac or something.

It's not going to happen anymore sadly. Plus no one has that song anyway, only Rick and his hoorders. I bet you. Those leaks are done already. Fernando scared them away it seems on Reddit. Just keep your expectations low.

Edited by DarkLotus1111

3 minutes ago, DarkLotus1111 said:

It's not going to happen anymore sadly. Plus no one has that song anyway, only Rick. I bet you. Those leaks are done already. Fernando scared them away it seems on Reddit. 

Judging from what Fernando posts on Reddit, he couldn't find his way out of a paper bag, let alone this mess.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, kever20 said:

It's still a case of being a transfer from VHS. It wasn't filmed in high definition, or at least what we consider to be high definition in 2019. Fun to see, but not the greatest presentation. 

Ikr, pity, especially considering how great the quality of Saskatoon 93 is in comparison, despite being much older...

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Amir said:

I'm sure the 10GB file could be transcoded to be less than half the size without losing quality in this case.

I did, i do have a 3GB MP4 converted from that crap, but Fransad said it all. Garbage in = garbage out. I cant believe they screwed up the transfer that much, unless they want to trade the "real" version...

I tried to watch it on a HDTV in full screen, quality isnt worth it believe me (1.5, 3 or 10GB version).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 3 months later...