joaompc

House of Blues 2001 ***NO LINKS***

Watched it last night and today. Super cool to see this show in such high quality. 

Just now, Axl_morris said:

Apart from epic screams, Axl sounds terrible. 

I'll take a 2018 Axl with reduced screams over this helium voice.

I prefer this over a bloated, sickly looking Axl just peddling 80s nostalgia.

• Like 4

Damn. So much energy and life in this show. There was so much potential at this time to roll out a "fresh" start for Axl. Unfortunately the lack of touring and non release of Chinese in 2001-2002  turned it into joke. Oh...and that there was a guitar player with a KFC bucket on his head.

• Like 1

Just now, CCudder said:

Damn. So much energy and life in this show. There was so much potential at this time to roll out a "fresh" start for Axl. Unfortunately the lack of touring and non release of Chinese in 2001-2002  turned it into joke. Oh...and that there was a guitar player with a KFC bucket on his head.

From axl  great, the band looks and sound like shit.

2 minutes ago, felixGNR said:

I think the band here sounds better than anything after 89. Raw, right song tempos. Brain was the best drummer they ever had.

Edited by Fashionista
  • Like 3

I dont think its a stretch to believe some CD2 songs are out there. This wasnt ever 100% confirmed to exist, either. Someone has Checkmate, so Atlas, General, etc arent a massive stretch

Fingers crossed

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, felixGNR said:

Dude it was their first gig ever in that lineup, that video is pure gold, almost historical.

• Like 2
  • GNFNR 2

This is amazing! Feeling nostalgic now remembering the dark days pre Chinese democrCy when things like this and the VMA rehearsals were all we had to talk about it!!

• Like 1

This is one of the most historic moments in the GNR history, and finally a PRO SHOT version of it and you people compare voices and sounds...

There is no perfect show. First show of Axl after many years... Thats the beauty of it.

What an awesome live show that was.

Edited by AlexisGolnas
  • Like 1

So much stuff that I didn't notice in the bootleg... He sings the middle part in Silkworms here! And The Blues ist just so beautiful in this video

I wish we had this Axl still :(

1 minute ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

pleaseatlasshruggedleaknextpleaseatlasshruggedleaknextpleaseatlasshruggedleaknextpleaseatlasshruggedleaknext

Is Shrugged a rocker or no?

I love the reunion, first time i saw GnR live, great fucking show, but man these leaks are killing me. Damn you Mick Jagger, give back the part of Axl's soul you stole!

It's fucking, fucking, fucking awesome. One of the best moments ever in my GN'R fan life haha. Axl sounds and looks amazing, completely on point, and he has SO MUCH ENERGY! He sounds MUCH better than in Rio, which is kind of weird. Maybe he was a bit tired in Rio.

He purposely sings in a different way, but I love it. It's FUCKING AWESOME. And this line-up is fucking TIGHT. 

Call me crazy but this line-up sounds better than the current one on some songs. Buckethead is a genius.

Axl is phenomenal. What a fucking great day. Thank you to the people who made this happen!!!

• Like 3
  • GNFNR 1