House of Blues 2001 ***NO LINKS***

3 minutes ago, Fashionista said:

I wish we had this Axl still :(

Is Shrugged a rocker or no?

No idea, but everyone in the industry talks about how amazing it is and how it’s comparable to November Rain. For Chinese fans that’s the ultimate wet dream for us, lol.

13 minutes ago, Fashionista said:

I think the band here sounds better than anything after 89. Raw, right song tempos. Brain was the best drummer they ever had.

LOL, talking about "potential" what can these guys bring to the table? Outside of buckethead (niche thing) none have writing credits/songs etc, that had made an impact in the rock world.

Musicians like those,  easy to find.

1 minute ago, D.. said:

It's fucking, fucking, fucking awesome. One of the best moments ever in my GN'R fan life haha. Axl sounds and looks amazing, completely on point, and he has SO MUCH ENERGY! He sounds MUCH better than in Rio, which is kind of weird. Maybe he was a bit tired in Rio.

He purposely sings in a different way, but I love it. It's FUCKING AWESOME. And this line-up is fucking TIGHT. 

Call me crazy but this line-up sounds better than the current one on some songs. Buckethead is a genius.

Axl is phenomenal. What a fucking great day. Thank you to the people who made this happen!!!

Everything you just said.

Show is amazing. I'm glad it's finally in the hands of the real fans to enjoy :)

• Like 1
  • GNFNR 1

Easy counter is what have Slash, Steven, Duff, and Izzy done, without being in a supergroup, that made an impact on rock?

2 minutes ago, felixGNR said:

LOL, talking about "potential" what can these guys bring to the table? Outside of buckethead (niche thing) none have writing credits/songs etc, that had made an impact in the rock world.

Musicians like those,  easy to find.

• Like 1

Just now, Axl_morris said:

The world is not ready for 2 more hours of Paul Tobias

I actually don't mind him over the course of the show. He's just kinda there, doing his thing. It's not like he plays anything wrong or anything.

• Like 2

Watching Vegas reminds me of how crazy fast the pace of the songs nowadays is. :blink:

Back then that lineup had a tightness about em and Axl had room to breath and actually sing instead of belting and screaming all the time running out of breath after five songs.

I wonder if Slash insisted on faster pace just to make Axl look bad, its so obvious that ANY other incarnation got the tempo right but the current one. :lol:

• Like 1

Just now, Axl_morris said:

The mix kind off sucks. Most notably on the Bucket nightrain solo the drums are too loud and drowns him out. That being said Brain is the best thing about this lineup.

Brain was gnrs best drummer. All the spontaneity of Adler with the technical precision of Matt.

3 minutes ago, Fashionista said:

Easy counter is what have Slash, Steven, Duff, and Izzy done, without being in a supergroup, that made an impact on rock?

Lol being in a supergroup(aka new gnr)? They weren't  hired hands, and we are not talking  about the yardbirds or cream here.

If thats the case slash and duff have VR. And slash is doing great by himself. (Better than any hired gun "commercially  " staying relevant etc.)

Just now, felixGNR said:

Lol being in a supergroup(aka new gnr)? They weren't  hired hands, and we are not talking  about the yardbirds or cream here.

If thats the case slash and duff have VR. And slash is doing great by himself. (Better than any hired gun "commercially  " staying relevant etc.)

Hate is an ugly thing to carry around. This lineup had potential if Axl had let them unleash it, same as the 93 lineup

• Like 1

Just now, Fashionista said:

Hate is an ugly thing to carry around. This lineup had potential if Axl had let them unleash it, same as the 93 lineup

You, me and any 5 guys from the street in a band can have potential working with axl rose, its axl rose we are talking about right?, hate? A strong word... 

• Confused 1