House of Blues 2001 ***NO LINKS***

I'm halfway through it right now, it's amazing to finally see it. I miss this era of the band massively, don't get me wrong im chuffed to bits with this semi reunion thing going on but I used to love the mystery with the whole 'nu guns' era....dont get me wrong there was as much frustration as enjoyment though let's not forget.

Is June liberation month or something? 
Video gone?? What is happening are all the hoarders finally trading with each other and things are being liberated? What was in the video...

Things that have been talked about for almost 20 years, has the embargo finally been lifted? :o

1 minute ago, saint_seiya said:

When this band was together we wanted the original back. Now that we have duff and Slash we want original nu-gnr line up again. LOL

It's less about who is operating the instruments and all about the energy and vibe. If its between Slash noodling for hours and Frank drumming at lightspeed or Robin missing a note here and there and Buckethead being Buckethead I'd prefer the ladder. Axl was the "real" Axl back then, the legend in the flesh. Today, as much as I'm grateful for them being around, the whole thing is merely a nostalgic shadow of previous incarnations. The CD lineup up until 2006/07 had a fire, edge and unpredictability totally lacking from NITL tour.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, AlexisGolnas said:

ALso loved the little story behind Chinese Democracy.

Axl got emotional for a sec...

He gets emotional before Patience as well. When the crowd starts chanting "welcome back, welcome back, welcome back!" he looks genuinely touched.

Pure holy grail shit, this show. At least for a fan of this lineup anyway. Outside of some sort of leak of a mass of sessions from between 96 and 2002 there's only the VMA rehearsal left, isn't there? Unless they pro shot every show from this to MSG on that tour, but i've never heard anything about that. The soundboards from then were leaked after getting stolen from one of the riots, weren't they?

• Like 1

I remember when we were all ripping on Axl back in '04-'06 for sounding bad here. It says a lot that people now think he sounds awesome here compared to modern day Axl. Funny how that goes. 

Either way, awesome stuff to see! 

• Like 3

Maybe an obvious question but I'll ask.

Would the band/management in your opinion ever agree to sell certain shows to a person or persons under an agreement or could it just be a case of: They have no plan on releasing concerts/ Too legally complicated/ They don't have the footage?

Love the HOB 2001 show.

1 minute ago, MrMojo said:

Maybe an obvious question but I'll ask.

Would the band/management in your opinion ever agree to sell certain shows to a person or persons under an agreement or could it just be a case of: They have no plan on releasing concerts/ Too legally complicated/ They don't have the footage?

Love the HOB 2001 show.

I think they don't have the footage. 

1 minute ago, username said:

I remember when we were all ripping on Axl back in '04-'06 for sounding bad here. It says a lot that people now think he sounds awesome here compared to modern day Axl. Funny how that goes. 

Either way, awesome stuff to see! 

I think people were more ripping his 2002 performances. He sounds better here than he did in '02.

11 minutes ago, gnrjanus said:

Why and when? Were those out? Between hoarders i mean. Except for the 16 sec checkmate that we had

It would just be nice to hear. What’s the consensus on the clip on YouTube that has  the sitar at the beginning?