House of Blues 2001 ***NO LINKS***

Had a bootleg CD of this just a few months after the show.

Cool to hear it with a much cleaner recording.

Interesting hearing the increased use of synths in the older stuff.

The mad sounds from Pitman at the start of YCBM for example.

Man, Axl can do no right in the eyes of GN'R fandom.  This lineup was despised by casual fans, the media and half of hardcore fans.  Axl's tardiness on performing and unpredictability was hung over his head as major problems that showed he doesn't respect  the fans

Now he, Slash and Duff play together and Axl the shows start on time and people are pining for the days of NuGN'R :facepalm:

Don't get me wrong, getting unreleased CD era music would be amazing and the whole story behind the CD era is fascinating so seeing them perform is neat, but to consider it being superior to what Axl, Slash and Duff have accomplished with the NITL tour?  I dunno....

• Like 3

Just now, Caught_in_a_Coma said:

Man, Axl can do no right in the eyes of GN'R fandom.  This lineup was despised by casual fans, the media and half of hardcore fans.  Axl's tardiness on performing and unpredictability was hung over his head as major problems that showed he doesn't respect  the fans

Now he, Slash and Duff play together and Axl the shows start on time and people are pining for the days of NuGN'R :facepalm:

Don't get me wrong, getting unreleased CD era music would be amazing and the whole story behind the CD era is fascinating so seeing them perform is neat, but to consider it being superior to what Axl, Slash and Duff have accomplished with the NITL tour?  I dunno....

Why does people being happy about these leaks have to mean they're less than satisfied with what the band is currently doing?

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

Why does people being happy about these leaks have to mean they're less than satisfied with what the band is currently doing?

You're right, I should have more thoroughly read all the comments.  Skimming gave me the impression some people are saying that Nu'GN'R was providing a better product than what fans are getting in the NITL tour, which is ironic to me because back then people were wanting Axl and Slash to be together, not the Nu'GN'R lineup

Edited by Caught_in_a_Coma
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, MrMojo said:

Maybe an obvious question but I'll ask.

Would the band/management in your opinion ever agree to sell certain shows to a person or persons under an agreement or could it just be a case of: They have no plan on releasing concerts/ Too legally complicated/ They don't have the footage?

Love the HOB 2001 show.

Well it was almost two decades ago...

2 minutes ago, Axl_morris said:

They all look completely rediculous

If you were attending that show, you would assume buckethead was the comic relief, untill you see the VMAs and see his act still going and he's being serious.

and yet it sounds better than what we are getting now.

Edited by PsychoKiss344

1 hour ago, CCudder said:

Damn. So much energy and life in this show. There was so much potential at this time to roll out a "fresh" start for Axl. Unfortunately the lack of touring and non release of Chinese in 2001-2002  turned it into joke. Oh...and that there was a guitar player with a KFC bucket on his head.

The guitar player with a KFC bucket on his head was the best thing about this line-up. So much promise... what could have been.

I agree the energy is amazing. Real shame.

The video is amazing though.

Just now, Basic_GnR_Fan said:

I've actually never heard the 2001 Madagascar, does it have the same vocals as the album or is it in a cleaner tone?

Pretty much the same except not pitch corrected on one or two high notes.

Just now, ToonGuns said:

The guitar player with a KFC bucket on his head was the best thing about this line-up. So much promise... what could have been.

I agree the energy is amazing. Real shame.

The video is amazing though.

Love Bucket. So happy he is apart of GNR's history.