This I Love Remix **NO LINKS***

5 minutes ago, IncitingChaos said:

And here we arrive at my argument a few weeks ago...the weakest part of CD was the vocals. More aggressive vocals may have led to a better album. 

I disagree the weakest part of CD is and always will be the arrangements and a few odd final song selection choices. Axls vocals for the most part are on point... IF a bit clean at times. Good balance between clean and dirty in most places.

Yeah, Axl slays on the vocals here. The "remix album" is a mixed bag overall but this is one (of several) tracks that are really cool, totally different style/vibe and worth checking out.

What I really want to hear most of all though, is those unreleased CD2 songs. And I think I speak for many here that I would much, MUCH prefer to hear them in officially released versions. Unfortunately, GNR is not a band that releases new music, so we take what we can get. 

The rawer versions of all of the Chinese tracks seem to be better. I love the record - but if I had one complaint, it's the overproduction. Too many layers, too much going on. The songwriting and lyrics were a strong point on Chinese. The added layers and effects took away from strong songwriting. 

This is a killer track. It's very haunting, sounds like something out of a horror film or something. Very "Michael Myers" in the keyboard track. The vocals are sick. Raw, emotional... terrific version.

I don't love "This I Love" as a live song. It is almost a down point of the live shows, not really digging it. 

28 minutes ago, axlsalinger said:

Yeah, Axl slays on the vocals here. The "remix album" is a mixed bag overall but this is one (of several) tracks that are really cool, totally different style/vibe and worth checking out.

What I really want to hear most of all though, is those unreleased CD2 songs. And I think I speak for many here that I would much, MUCH prefer to hear them in officially released versions. Unfortunately, GNR is not a band that releases new music, so we take what we can get. 

You've got the other remix tracks in full?

The "vault" from this era always appealed to me more than the Appetite Era, such as the stuff released in the box set. Yeah, I will always have varying interest in everything GNR related, but the mystery that the Chinese era was shrouded in was always intriguing. We always heard titles thrown around like "Atlas Shrugged" and "The General" among others, with not much to show for it. There must be a ton of stuff from this era, featuring numerous musicians that is probably killer. I'd probably sooner drop a grand on a box set featuring rarities, demos and various chinese era stuff. No disrespect to Slash, Duff or the "original" band, but a deeper glimpse down the rabbit hole of the Chinese era would be worth that kind of money. 

• Like 1
  • GNFNR 1

1 minute ago, colonizedmind said:

You've got the other remix tracks in full?

No, I was just referring to previous leaks. Between the full songs and snippets, we've heard at least a piece of most of the remix tracks (if not all) now. Are there any we haven't heard even a snippet from?

1 minute ago, axlsalinger said:

No, I was just referring to previous leaks. Between the full songs and snippets, we've heard at least a piece of most of the remix tracks (if not all) now. Are there any we haven't heard even a snippet from?

Given that Brain and Melissa have played a bit of the Remix album during basketball halftime shows, I would guess that a remix for Sorry also exists and sounds something like this:

(starts around 0:38)