This I Love Remix **NO LINKS***

Yeah it's 100% a studio take from Axl, he never sang it even remotely close to that sound live you n 2010, regardless of rasp.

Besides, the more I hear it, the more I'm convinced it comes from 06-07 timeframe, his voice just sounds a little highly pitched for 09-10 Axl.

• Like 1

I don't think it can be from a live version as there's no known live versions where he sings some of those parts.

For instance the little grace note "ahhh" before "she holds her pain inside". 

I don't think i've ever seen a live boot where he did that.

Although i'll grant the "yeah.." he adds to a couple of the screams is something he's been known to do live with screams in general like TWAT in 2009 for instance. 

Also it sounds way too clean for a live recording. I think it has to be a studio version...but wow that voice. Love to hear more stuff in that tone!

On 6/20/2018 at 9:10 PM, Axl4ever7 said:

Can somebody replace Axl's This I Love studio vocals with Axl's This I Love remix vocals on the This I Love studio track and see how it sounds?

I'm not going to fully isolate the remix vocals, but I have lined them up with the original version, and mixed them with it. CD Axl is in the left channel, and Remix Axl is in the right channel. Same key. Drums from Remix version are in the right channel also. I don't have a week to remove them. But, if you want to hear it, send me a message.

• Like 3
  • GNFNR 1

6 hours ago, shootingstar said:

I'm not sure at all that the vocal track is rerecorded by Axl. There's reason to believe that Melissa/Brain "redraw" Axls original or some recorded live vocals to fit that song. At least, it's technically possible. The verses may very well been sung in original tuning, but being pitched digitally. My guess is that the vocal track is a 2010 live recording, that been wrought considering the high amount of rasp..

Anyhow, I love this version! And I'm certainly not a hip-hop guy..

Yeah no. 

4 hours ago, Chunder Monkey said:

I don't think it can be from a live version as there's no known live versions where he sings some of those parts.

For instance the little grace note "ahhh" before "she holds her pain inside". 

I don't think i've ever seen a live boot where he did that.

Although i'll grant the "yeah.." he adds to a couple of the screams is something he's been known to do live with screams in general like TWAT in 2009 for instance. 

Also it sounds way too clean for a live recording. I think it has to be a studio version...but wow that voice. Love to hear more stuff in that tone!

That “yeah” at the end of lines is something I’ve used to back the fact that this vocal take was definitely not recorded pre 2002 and not recorded as a take to be in the official release on CD. This was certainly a vocal from 2006-2010, and I’m leaning towards 2009/10 as the remix album wasn’t really in consideration until at least 2008. He could go high, and rasp In those years, perhaps the most versatile he’s ever been. 

18 hours ago, evader said:

I'm not going to fully isolate the remix vocals, but I have lined them up with the original version, and mixed them with it. CD Axl is in the left channel, and Remix Axl is in the right channel. Same key. Drums from Remix version are in the right channel also. I don't have a week to remove them. But, if you want to hear it, send me a message.

Message sent!

On 2018-06-23 at 2:28 PM, koldweather said:

Yeah it's 100% a studio take from Axl, he never sang it even remotely close to that sound live you n 2010, regardless of rasp.

Besides, the more I hear it, the more I'm convinced it comes from 06-07 timeframe, his voice just sounds a little highly pitched for 09-10 Axl.

I said it's possible, or "reasons to belive" that the vocals are "drawn" to a new pitch. For those not invited in studio tech it's like an manual autotune that makes it even possible not just to change the pitch but rearrange entire song melodies.

What points against my hypothesis is the fact that there's some additional vocals that Axl do not sing on CD nor live.

Btw, it goes in the same tuning, G#, as the original CD track. 

I'm willing to guess that the vocals of Brain's Remix of This I Love comes from an alternate version of This I Love from around 2006/2007.

As Axl said many times, they had a couple of versions of each song. I think it's very plausible that there is an alternate version of This I Love with a slightly different instrumental track and Axl's Remix Vocals.

4 hours ago, Propaganda said:

I'm willing to guess that the vocals of Brain's Remix of This I Love comes from an alternate version of This I Love from around 2006/2007.

As Axl said many times, they had a couple of versions of each song. I think it's very plausible that there is an alternate version of This I Love with a slightly different instrumental track and Axl's Remix Vocals.

That could surely also be the case. It hit me they are somehow in the same vocal style as If The World (but better). Do we have a clue about a time frame when ITW were "vocalized"? 

On 2018-06-21 at 4:17 AM, WhazUp said:

That would be fairly impossible unfortunately just because we do not have the multitracks from the remix, at most what we could do is add parts of the studio version from the Rock Band multitracks to the remix

I would love to hear this vocal take on the normal studio version though for sure, I really love his vocals on the remix

When I was searching for the leak I found a version with Axls original TIL vocals only. But we need the opposite. But makes me wonder how can it be out there...?? 

Just now, brownstone91 said:

Axl's voice sounds fantastic on this track, but what was Brain thinking when making this remix? It sounds like 90's Axl mixed with the music from Eminem's Stan. Put some guitars in there...

It's an Hip Hop remix! A What?? An Hip Hop Remix! :rofl-lol:

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, imsorry said:

thx i need fix some small things but its pretty much done, pretty satisfied maybe in the beginning of the long solo ill add some orchestra i fell a hole there dunno hehe

make an alternate "even more rock remix" and put the guitars more in the foreground, with the guitar solo way more distinct.

• Like 1