Going Down '02 Discussion ** NO LINKS **

2 minutes ago, cqleonardo said:

I believe the 6 is Sorry, he did that remix with Melissa on that Basketball game

yes, that's a very good point actually! stupid me hasn't connected the things... yeah, it really might be Sorry.

So long story short, MLS somehow obtained CD Remixes, they got used to negotiate other things like saskatoon and hob 2001 and the CD demos from 2001. Now everything got leaked by the same guy responsible for blocking youtube channels for reasons unknown. Maybe wanted some glory?

Now.. what's left to leak? Shacker Remix? some 2010 proshot ? Checkmate?  I don't believe for a second that Atlas or The General are out there.

8 minutes ago, Russel Nash said:

So long story short, MLS somehow obtained CD Remixes, they got used to negotiate other things like saskatoon and hob 2001 and the CD demos from 2001. Now everything got leaked by the same guy responsible for blocking youtube channels for reasons unknown. Maybe wanted some glory?

Now.. what's left to leak? Shacker Remix? some 2010 proshot ? Checkmate?  I don't believe for a second that Atlas or The General are out there.

I think it was more complicated with more involved people, basically clusterfucking each other by trying to negotiate and it all failed.

Shackler and ITW remixes are yet to leak, yes. 

8 minutes ago, Max Rose said:

i would really like to hear this version of going down...

you don't need to look for it anyway... just take the 2013 leak, mute the left channel in your sound mixer and you're there, that's it. this "leak" is nothing else, just the left channel was replaced by a clone of the right channel so it sounds "stereo", more specifically "dual mono".

1 minute ago, zombux said:

you don't need to look for it anyway... just take the 2013 leak, mute the left channel in your sound mixer and you're there, that's it. this "leak" is nothing else, just the left channel was replaced by a clone of the right channel so it sounds "stereo", more specifically "dual mono".

really? that's disappointing then...

but anyways, most leaks in a long time, great times !!

4 minutes ago, oneway23 said:

Definitely sounds improved over the initial copy I had five or six, whatever that was, years ago.  Happy to have it.

I dig it.  Always glad to see The General get some shine!

how the hell can this sound "improved", when it's just one channel from the 5 years old leaked original?

50 minutes ago, zombux said:

how the hell can this sound "improved", when it's just one channel from the 5 years old leaked original?

Haven't heard the one that "leaked", but maybe that's because the original leak from a few years ago was of rather bad quality. Somebody improved the audio quality back then (was it Evader? Not sure). Maybe this new "leak" is based on this improved version and this guy had never listened to that one before, but only the original leak. If I remember correctly, just an idea.

Just now, chorrada said:

Haven't heard the one that "leaked", but maybe that's because the original leak from a few years ago was of rather bad quality. Somebody improved the audio quality back then (was it Evader? Not sure). Maybe this new "leak" is based on this improved version and this guy had never listened to that one before, but only the original leak. If I remember correctly, just an idea.

no no, this "new" version is just the "old" one, just "edited". the original leak had two channels - older demo track in right channel and newer BBF guitar in left channel. this is nothing else than muting the left channel and replacing it with a clone of right channel. quality and everything is the same, no improvements or "remastering". 

21 minutes ago, zombux said:

no no, this "new" version is just the "old" one, just "edited". the original leak had two channels - older demo track in right channel and newer BBF guitar in left channel. this is nothing else than muting the left channel and replacing it with a clone of right channel. quality and everything is the same, no improvements or "remastering". 

I don't really know, to tell you the truth.  I was around on the day that the initial leak occurred, heard it a bunch of times that day and the day after, primarily because I loved Tommy being in Gn'R, and hadn't heard it again until yesterday . 

I recall the original leak sounding like it was recorded off of a cassette being played through a tin cup and a string located on the other side of the neighborhood.  This one could be different, it might not.  Either way, I'm not sure why anyone latched on to that part of what I said; that wasn't my point, at all.  I don't really care what it is.  Like I said, I liked seeing Tommy get a moment, especially after all the hell he went through in sticking in there for so long.  It sounds more loose and off-the cuff than anything else that band ever did, something they desperately needed (kinda like a Used to Love Her) IMO, and this one sounds better than I recall.  Win

Edited by oneway23

3 hours ago, Russel Nash said:

what? saska was never on the table, the banned user is not behind the leaks.

4 minutes ago, oneway23 said:

I recall the original leak sounding like it was recorded off of a cassette being played through a tin cup and a string located on the other side of the neighborhood.  This one could be different, it might not.  

you must have some really bad "version" of the 2013 leak. it sounds totally normal, considering each channel is totally diffferent. definitely not sounding like you describe.

and yeah, I like the song and like Tommy giving it his vocals. the song sounds like his own personal thing, not GNR.

Just now, felixGNR said:

what? saska was never on the table, the banned user is not behind the leaks.

yup, Saskatoon originated from japanese traders where it appeared all of the sudden, and went directly to us. no intra-hoarder bullshit in that particular case.

18 minutes ago, zombux said:

you must have some really bad "version" of the 2013 leak. it sounds totally normal, considering each channel is totally diffferent. definitely not sounding like you describe.

and yeah, I like the song and like Tommy giving it his vocals. the song sounds like his own personal thing, not GNR.

I probably do.  Tough to remember the how/where/why right now.

4 hours ago, Russel Nash said:

Wouldn't CD (the song) from 2001 be out there and still unleaked?

33 minutes ago, surforia said:

Wouldn't CD (the song) from 2001 be out there and still unleaked?

Yup....Well, definitely the version from that era that was on the Boston 2002 promo.  Only question from me is whether or not anyone actually has the full song in their possession.

EDIT: Also probably The Blues/SOD from that promo as well, since, it sounds different to me than the one that just got let out.

Edited by oneway23

12 minutes ago, TheGeneral said:

Listened to Going Down for the first time ever.

Holy mother of god, that chorus is amazing and incredibly catchy.

Love it.

Yeah, it's really a great song. Try to find the Evader mix of the 1st leak with Bumble. So good.