Who else would like to see a reunion tour of the HoB 2001 line-up?

Sosso

Just now, SoulMonster said:

That would be more interesting than today's lineup. Especially if Axl's fire for releasing new music was rekindled.

That is one of the reasons why this era was so unique. It was Axl's last attempt to release new music.

More than anything, I would love to have the 2001 Axl Rose back, not the shadow of himself that he is now. He was so perfect then. The look, the voice, the charisma, confidence, and stage presence. He was absolutely amazing. Those prescription drugs that Beta got him on really fucked him.

3 minutes ago, DannyVinyard said:

More than anything, I would love to have the 2001 Axl Rose back, not the shadow of himself that he is now. He was so perfect then. The look, the voice, the charisma, confidence, and stage presence. He was absolutely amazing. Those prescription drugs that Beta got him on really fucked him.

To be fair, his vocals on 2001 HOB were nothing special. He was far better in 2010. Even compared to now, I wouldn't say his vocals in 2001 were much to write home about.

But yes, there was a hunger and a passion back then, and of course an abundance of new music, which Axl doesn't seem to care about now.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, DannyVinyard said:

Personally I would take the Axl Rose I saw in 2016 live over the Axl of 01/02 any day, I was really impressed by his voice at those shows and in terms of confidence and charisma, not only in tact but I think I saw him smile more throughout those shows than every video I saw from 2002 combined!

1 minute ago, Towelie said:

To be fair, his vocals on 2001 HOB were nothing special. He was far better in 2010. Even compared to now, I wouldn't say his vocals in 2001 were much to write home about.

But yes, there was a hunger and a passion back then, and of course an abundance of new music, which Axl doesn't seem to care about now.

Personally, I prefer his 2001 voice(more youthful, innocent, and healthy sounding). Have you not watched the HoB video yet or what? Because compared to now, Axl literally sounds a million times better then than now. Not only that but he looked a million times better and his stage presence was a million times better. This was back when he had unlimited potential and I just thought "wow, it's really fucking happening. after years of waiting and hoping for Axl to come back, he is doing it and at the same time he is blowing away my high expectations." I couldn't wait for new epic music videos and many new albums that were surely coming from this amazing band. The dream is over, really since he chose to end the tour for no reason in 2002. Even when Axl came back in 2006, it wasn't the same and it's been straight downhill since. I've been depressed about this since 2002. Seeing this video though, the holy grail, is like reliving that amazing time all over again. I can't help to think "what if".

• Like 1

8 hours ago, WhazUp said:

Personally I would take the Axl Rose I saw in 2016 live over the Axl of 01/02 any day, I was really impressed by his voice at those shows and in terms of confidence and charisma, not only in tact but I think I saw him smile more throughout those shows than every video I saw from 2002 combined!

Well, I saw Axl and NuGNR at the HoB on New Years 2001 going into 2002(front row baby), and I will take that Axl and that band over the shell of himself Axl and the money grab Guns N' Roses of today. I could care less for any of Axl's goofy smiles. I don't want a goofy Axl Rose. I want the old "me against the fucking world, my way or the highway, suck my fucking dick" Axl fucking Rose.

Edited by DannyVinyard
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, DannyVinyard said:

Personally, I prefer his 2001 voice(more youthful, innocent, and healthy sounding). Have you not watched the HoB video yet or what? Because compared to now, Axl literally sounds a million times better then than now. Not only that but he looked a million times better and his stage presence was a million times better. This was back when he had unlimited potential and I just thought "wow, it's really fucking happening. after years of waiting and hoping for Axl to come back, he is doing it and at the same time he is blowing away my high expectations." I couldn't wait for new epic music videos and many new albums that were surely coming from this amazing band. The dream is over, really since he chose to end the tour for no reason in 2002. Even when Axl came back in 2006, it wasn't the same and it's been straight downhill since. I've been depressed about this since 2002. Seeing this video though, the holy grail, is like reliving that amazing time all over again. I can't help to think "what if".

Well said. I'm in exactly the same boat. I miss the old Axl, with fire in his eyes. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, DannyVinyard said:

Well, I saw Axl and NuGNR at the HoB on New Years 2001 going into 2002(front row baby), and I will take that Axl and that band over the shawow of himself Axl and the money grab Guns N' Roses of today. I could care less for any of Axl's goofy smiles. I don't want a goofy Axl Rose. I want the old "me against the fucking world, my way or the highway, suck my fucking dick" Axl fucking Rose.

I suppose we shall disagree on this one!  I do not think Axl is "goofy" now as you put it in so many different ways lol, I definitely think he looks less miserable but that is for another topic.  If Axl gets back to 2016 awesomeness, that is the Axl I want.

I personally like the qualities of Axl Rose's voice from 2006, 2010, and 2016 way more than the 01/02 era, and combined with Axl and Slash back in GNR nowadays I pray to the rock god that Robin or DJ or Bucket never ever replace Slash ever ever again lol.  So yeah I suppose we will agree to disagree on this one

In 2001, I would tell everyone I knew about how amazing Axl Rose and the new Guns N' Roses are. I would confidently tell people that Axl is not only the greatest singer of the time, but of ALL TIME. And nobody else came even close. I used to be so proud of Axl and the new Guns N' Roses. I was proud to let everyone know how amazing they are and would tell them that Chinese Democracy will be the greatest album of all time. "Just wait, it will come out next year in 2002 and it will be so fucking awesome!! Axl will deliver epic new videos for epic new songs!!". Now days, I don't ever talk about Guns N' Roses. I am so ashamed, depressed, and humiliated with what has happened with Axl over the years.

I had some awesome times with the various incarnations of the new lineup - saw them 13 times total in the tri-state area. Including Vegas 01, all four hammerstein shows, roseland, terminal 5, webster hall, a bunch at MSG/Jersey.

That being said, I'm not longing for those lineups back. They'll always have a place in my heart, but let the past be the past. Hopefully it makes for a better future. 

• Like 2