Who else would like to see a reunion tour of the HoB 2001 line-up?

Sosso

2 minutes ago, Creed said:

Don't forget, this is 20 fuckin years ago. In 2001 we were just 7,5 years away from the last UYI concert. Back then Axl sounded horrible compared to their prime. Today he sounds worse than 2001. But again, we are talking about 20 years. Thats a huge timeline in music. 

Axl took the wrong band name for NuGuns. It was a curse. Every other name than 'Guns n' Roses' would have taken any pressure of Axl and the Band. 

Maybe you should watch the video? He sounds absolute amazing in 2001, in my opinion. His voice sounds "cleaner" in 2001 than in 1993, but I don't really see that as a negative. At worst, his 2001 voice is a million times better than 2011-2018("mickey").

5 minutes ago, DannyVinyard said:

Maybe you should watch the video? He sounds absolute amazing in 2001, in my opinion. His voice sounds "cleaner" in 2001 than in 1993, but I don't really see that as a negative. At worst, his 2001 voice is a million times better than 2011-2018("mickey").

Personally I disagree, although all of this is subjective anyways. I know 2011-2018 has had spotty moments, however the good moments like 2016 and the best of these past few years... man I dunno I just would trade the entire 2001/2002 era simply for those two shows I got to see because Axl was on fire with Slash and Duff and it felt like GNR to me again

Although I was never a fan of 01/02 vocally.  To me 2006, 2010, and the best of 2016 is where it's at

Add Slash and Duff to the mix and to me the nuGNR era just feels like alternate timeline Hill Valley in Back to the Future, where you go "huh, this isn't right".  Not that I didn't like Chinese, but I am way happier with the reunion

Edited by WhazUp

1 minute ago, WhazUp said:

Personally I disagree, although all of this is subjective anyways. I know 2011-2018 has had spotty moments, however the good moments like 2016 and the best of these past few years... man I dunno I just would trade the entire 2001/2002 era simply for those two shows I got to see because Axl was on fire with Slash and Duff and it felt like GNR to me again

Although I was never a fan of 01/02 vocally.  To me 2006, 2010, and the best of 2016 is where it's at

Add Slash and Duff to the mix and to me the nuGNR era just feels like alternate timeline Hill Valley in Back to the Future, where you go "huh, this isn't right" 

The 2001 band played the old songs just fine, in fact better than the old band, in my opinion. Just more energy. It's not like Axl picked up some schmucks off the street. He got the absolute best talent that was out there, and their talent shined through in 2001. That's all secondary to me though. The main thing is the 2001 Axl Rose is one million times better than the 2011-2018 Axl Rose. Axl's voice was a million times better. He looked a million times better. His charisma was a million times better. His stage presence was a million times better. His style was a million times better. Axl was an absolute God in 2001. Now he is just shell of his former self: mickey voice, poor stage presence, unhealthy looking, overdressed, goofy acting, no passion or care in the world. He is content with going through the motions on endless money grab greatest hits tours.

21 minutes ago, DannyVinyard said:

The 2001 band played the old songs just fine, in fact better than the old band, in my opinion. Just more energy. It's not like Axl picked up some schmucks off the street. He got the absolute best talent that was out there, and their talent shined through in 2001. That's all secondary to me though. The main thing is the 2001 Axl Rose is one million times better than the 2011-2018 Axl Rose. Axl's voice was a million times better. He looked a million times better. His charisma was a million times better. His stage presence was a million times better. His style was a million times better. Axl was an absolute God in 2001. Now he is just shell of his former self: mickey voice, poor stage presence, unhealthy looking, overdressed, goofy acting, no passion or care in the world. He is content with going through the motions on endless money grab greatest hits tours.

Oh yes I definitely see it pretty much the polar opposite haha.  I don't see the words "goofy acting", "no passion or care", or "poor stage presence" as fitting as a description for him at all!  Same with unhealthy, for almost 60, sure he isn't rail thin but unhealthy I am just not seeing personally.  Spotty at times vocally? Sure, but the high points to me are "the" high points of the 21st century for GNR

I suppose we will agree to disagree, personally I am just glad the big 3 are back and Slash is back where he should be on lead, and personally this is my favorite lineup since 1993 musically.  I never ever want to go back to a Slash-less lineup ever again lol

And I dunno, I know Axl didn't pick random guys off the street, but the CD era musically with the old songs felt clinical - and in some cases with Robin Finks weird string bending - confusing lol.  Sterile, not impactful to me in any real way.  So unlike the, for lack of a better term, "real" GNR of 87-93.  So I see this lineup as a step forward towards that again

Edited by WhazUp

42 minutes ago, bdinan said:

I had some awesome times with the various incarnations of the new lineup - saw them 13 times total in the tri-state area. Including Vegas 01, all four hammerstein shows, roseland, terminal 5, webster hall, a bunch at MSG/Jersey.

That being said, I'm not longing for those lineups back. They'll always have a place in my heart, but let the past be the past. Hopefully it makes for a better future. 

I totally agree.  Not that I didn't enjoy moments of nuGNR but ever since the regrouping... I just cannot see myself ever wanting to go back to that

In terms of stage presence, yes.

2001 Axl was just way better, way more charismatic. 2016 Axl isn't bad but compared to 2001 a bit boring.

Yeah, I know, many hate it, but look at Steven Tyler. The only thing he's not doing at 70 that he did at 40 is jumping high, but the energy is still there and he's still giving it everything he has.

With Axl, honestly I think the energy went  away when he started wearing those cowboy boots again. When he wore the sneakers he was full of it. 2018 Axl is doing barely anything on stage he did in 2001 or in the sneaker-era of 2016.

The cowboy style is not doing Axl any favors :D 

34 minutes ago, TheGeneral said:

In terms of stage presence, yes.

2001 Axl was just way better, way more charismatic. 2016 Axl isn't bad but compared to 2001 a bit boring.

Yeah, I know, many hate it, but look at Steven Tyler. The only thing he's not doing at 70 that he did at 40 is jumping high, but the energy is still there and he's still giving it everything he has.

With Axl, honestly I think the energy went  away when he started wearing those cowboy boots again. When he wore the sneakers he was full of it. 2018 Axl is doing barely anything on stage he did in 2001 or in the sneaker-era of 2016.

The cowboy style is not doing Axl any favors :D 

My favourite look of him now is just T-shirt, flannel and jeans like in the beggining of concert in berlin or download

And yeah he should wear sneakers. 

3 minutes ago, It’s So Easy said:

This lineup had a lot of potential. 

Maybe a one time only type of thing. Another HOB show but not a whole tour for me.

This band had tons of potential. They had recorded at least a double album and a live dvd.

Edited by Sosso

4 hours ago, DannyVinyard said:

Personally, I prefer his 2001 voice(more youthful, innocent, and healthy sounding). Have you not watched the HoB video yet or what? Because compared to now, Axl literally sounds a million times better then than now. Not only that but he looked a million times better and his stage presence was a million times better. This was back when he had unlimited potential and I just thought "wow, it's really fucking happening. after years of waiting and hoping for Axl to come back, he is doing it and at the same time he is blowing away my high expectations." I couldn't wait for new epic music videos and many new albums that were surely coming from this amazing band. The dream is over, really since he chose to end the tour for no reason in 2002. Even when Axl came back in 2006, it wasn't the same and it's been straight downhill since. I've been depressed about this since 2002. Seeing this video though, the holy grail, is like reliving that amazing time all over again. I can't help to think "what if".

He broke his leg, don't you think this affect  his confidence?

Watch YCBM hob 01 sounds exactly like right now.

06 or 10 were his best years after his prime.

What if? What if he didn't  break what he had 87-93. I LOL  at the people that see potential in that band,  could be any other musicians and people will say the same things.

75% of the album rejected back then,ended up on CD. Just so the record company  could stp their losses.

Did people give a shit about michael jackson band? This is the same case. A one man show.

Lucky 2 original recording members came to save the day.

4 hours ago, Creed said:

Axl took the wrong band name for NuGuns. It was a curse. Every other name than 'Guns n' Roses' would have taken any pressure of Axl and the Band. 

Yes, that's true. Although, without the name Guns N Roses the budget for the album wouldn't have been a fraction of the size it was. This in turn means that attracting non GNR fans who are rock stars like Stinson would've been close to impossible. I'd wager that outside of Paul and Dizzy few of the NUGuns lineup would've been there - and stayed - without the incredibly huge monthly salaries that the album lineups were receiving.

Every member here has different connections and memories with the band, which is just natural. I just hoped that someday I would be able to see the guys who've created my favourite album live on stage again. I bet that the AfD and UYI fans have similar feelings, am I right?

Edited by Sosso
  • Like 1
  • GNFNR 1
  • Sad 1

9 hours ago, Lies They Tell said:

Nah! It would be interesting of course, but right now I don't want any more touring. I want new music from this band. No more line up changes. No more delays. Give us some new music finally!

No more line up changes? If ReunionGnR do record new music I'd prefer Brain or Matt back rather than Frank.

11 hours ago, ToonGuns said:

I'd take this and a professionally released CD2 over yet another AFD "reunion" nostalgia tour any day.

This

11 hours ago, Bitchisback said:

I would like to see them reunite, sure, but with a different singer.

Axl belongs with Slash and Duff

Not that I don't like Slash and Duff with Axl, but they should really collaborate with whomever they want, forcing themselves to be together wouldn't be good for the music they create. So if Axl thinks he can be the most creative with S&D then bring them on, if not, then he should really go and play with someone else

They were out to prove something.

Any time axl is out to prove something then I am all for it.

This time, 2006 with the release of CD and 2016 with the reunion were golden years.

The rest is literally as they are promoting now - the machine is back at it. Blah blah blah