GNR's management truly has its finger on the pulse of the GNR community, knowing what they want and how to please themselves, renting out a plane busting out the greatest hits CD on a loop. 

The lucky ones get to ride with Dizzy Reed. :awesomeface:

• Like 1
  • GNFNR 1
  • Haha 1

The *ONLY WAY* I could see this being cool is if there's some sort of package coming where you would get to travel with the band for a price. However that price would be astronomical and the idea is so far fetched that I can't see that being a thing.

• Like 4

32 minutes ago, Gackt said:

The lucky ones get to ride with Dizzy Reed. :awesomeface:

... while he'll be talking about all the exciting things that the band is doing now. the only problem is, when this hologram gets broken and the pre-recorded loop with "we're seriously going to the studio next week", "many things are happening" and "it's the best band I've ever been in" stops playing - that might be a bit awkward situation. 

but I'm sure Fernando will save the day by offering special prices for merch clothing - for example vintage T-shirts for only $399. 

I can't see why this could even remotely go wrong! :D 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Axl_morris said:

So let's get this right. They are selling merch in celebration that the band have managed to put logos on a plane they are leasing for the next 5 weeks?

A plane they are leasing, but didn't get finished in time for the start of the tour.

1 minute ago, tremolo said:

The merch thing is a problem. Not in itself –to some degree– but the fact that they’re not releasing any music makes it look like GNR are Gene Simmons’ whores.

Also a big chunk of the merch is just absolute crap, nothing much of actual value. Oh, and overpriced as fuck, but that can be said about everything about this band right now.

Couldn't care less what they look like. I care about the absence of new music.

@tremolo, the boxset and its marketing didn't bother me. It's expensive yes but as fans, we don't have to buy it. I could also draw a connection between its release and the NITLT tour. It makes sense. I don't think the box set is marketed to fans such as myself. I really did all my GnR collecting between 1989 - 1993. I no longer know where some of it is stored as I've moved several times but the box set will never be as cool as my collection. 

The airplane, I just can't make the connection. It has nothing to do with GnR music. 

19 hours ago, Subtle Signs said:

Who is forcing anyone to buy anything? Tickets,the $1,000 box set etc are all wants/luxuries not necessities. They have every right to make as much money as they can just as you have the right to not give them any of yours. 

^ This

20 hours ago, zombux said:

or the plane will be perfectly normal in the interior, just every seat gets a GNR cloth patch, handpicked by Fernando. people will even be able to keep it after the flight, for a bargain of $199. that seems way more possible than what you wrote, LOL

Oh! I forgot about the Mr. BrownieStones LOL

3 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

Because it's not just "a photo of the bands plane" that's causing the replies.

Its a plane and after scrolling through the last 2 pages its a plane. All we need are the 2 guys including tattoo from the 80s show fantasy island ( da plane da plane) to do a full advert to promote the plane and this tour.