GN'R Reaction Videos On YouTube

12 minutes ago, tremolo said:

Far superior? It’s the saaaaaaaaame (cool) riff over and over and over and over. Very basic structure (verse chorus verse chorus verse...). Great song, but after 5 minutes it becomes too repetitive.

Coma has no well-defined (or standard) structure, it is way deeper in lyrical content, and it tells an amazing story. Plus, the use of dialogue (doctors, bitches), and the swing in moods during the song make it a better crafted piece of art. And Axl’s delivery is impeccable.

No way dude. Locomotive is more superior and THATS FINAL TIMES INFINITY!!!

7 hours ago, tremolo said:

Far superior? It’s the saaaaaaaaame (cool) riff over and over and over and over. Very basic structure (verse chorus verse chorus verse...). Great song, but after 5 minutes it becomes too repetitive.

Coma has no well-defined (or standard) structure, it is way deeper in lyrical content, and it tells an amazing story. Plus, the use of dialogue (doctors, bitches), and the swing in moods during the song make it a better crafted piece of art. And Axl’s delivery is impeccable.

6 hours ago, ChristmasFnatic said:

No way dude. Locomotive is more superior and THATS FINAL TIMES INFINITY!!!

They're both tremendous songs with neither being superior to the other. They just different. Preference between the two is strictly subjective to one's personal style and tastes rather than due to the musical content.

See what I did there? :axl92::slash:

Edited by thunderram

19 hours ago, tremolo said:

The repetition of the riff is the whole point of the song.

• GNFNR 1

• 1 month later...

Given the current state of thing, it appears (to me anyways) that us die hards tend to lose perspective from time to time. We come here day in and day out, go to multiple shows, buy everything we can get our hands on, etc. As such, since many of us have been here for 5, 10, or even more years, we sometimes feel some sort of entitlement from time to time. Yes, everybody wants new music, that's a given. Because that isn't happening at a rate we would prefer, we like to resort to calling them a "nostalgia act" etc. 

In doing that though, I think we sometimes lose focus of what's really going on here, this tour is REALLY about restablishing this band. Yes it's for die hards, but it's MORE about gaining NEW fans. That's why new music isn't real important right now, because SO MANY casual music fans barely even know about Guns n' Roses, and if they do, they only know the Big hits. IMO, because of grunge in the mid 90s, the bands self implosion, the CD era, etc the band really only gets the recognition they earned by a certain demographic, those that were born roughly between 75-85 or so. The older generations diminish Guns because "they are not Zeppelin", etc. The younger generation didn't experience them in their prime, they have been jaded by the CD era or view Slash more as a solo act, than as the guitarist from Guns n' Roses. Which IMO BOTH opinions are flawed (but that's a topic for another day). 

So where am I going with all of this??? Guns n' Roses IS ONE OF THE GREATEST BANDS OF ALL TIME. When you see people react to songs they have NEVER heard before, it reminds you of the timelessness of their music. So all I'm asking is, put your anger/disdain on hold, and watch people discover this band for the first time. It'll help give you some perspective.

Edited by Iron MikeyJ

I explained to my friends the significance of Guns N‘ Roses in the late ‘80s and early ‘90s; and how they took over the world of music in a short time. If you look at who opened for them on the UYI tour, it shows the heights the band once enjoyed. I still believe there’s never been a more explosive, dangerous, or thrilling band to see live than Guns N’ Roses. ‘91 and ‘93 UYI days along with ‘87 shows are tremendous, and have an energy I’ve never heard from any other band.

when I finally got to see my favorite band, and what was my dads favorite band in Atlanta in 2016, it wasn’t those days; but, goddamn it was the best show I’ve ever been to in my short life.

• GNFNR 2

2 hours ago, Iron MikeyJ said:

Given the current state of thing, it appears (to me anyways) that us die hards tend to lose perspective from time to time. We come here day in and day out, go to multiple shows, buy everything we can get our hands on, etc. As such, since many of us have been here for 5, 10, or even more years, we sometimes feel some sort of entitlement from time to time. Yes, everybody wants new music, that's a given. Because that isn't happening at a rate we would prefer, we like to resort to calling them a "nostalgia act" etc. 

In doing that though, I think we sometimes lose focus of what's really going on here, this tour is REALLY about restablishing this band. Yes it's for die hards, but it's MORE about gaining NEW fans. That's why new music isn't real important right now, because SO MANY casual music fans barely even know about Guns n' Roses, and if they do, they only know the Big hits. IMO, because of grunge in the mid 90s, the bands self implosion, the CD era, etc the band really only gets the recognition they earned by a certain demographic, those that were born roughly between 75-85 or so. The older generations diminish Guns because "they are not Zeppelin", etc. The younger generation didn't experience them in their prime, they have been jaded by the CD era or view Slash more as a solo act, than as the guitarist from Guns n' Roses. Which IMO BOTH opinions are flawed (but that's a topic for another day). 

So where am I going with all of this??? Guns n' Roses IS ONE OF THE GREATEST BANDS OF ALL TIME. When you see people react to songs they have NEVER heard before, it reminds you of the timelessness of their music. So all I'm asking is, put your anger/disdain on hold, and watch people discover this band for the first time. It'll help give you some perspective.

You have every right to post a positive message. But part of me wants to tell you to stfu.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Iron MikeyJ said:

...When you see people react to songs they have NEVER heard before, it reminds you of the timelessness of their music. So all I'm asking is, put your anger/disdain on hold, and watch people discover this band for the first time. It'll help give you some perspective.

Merged this with a thread we already had going on the same topic.

• 4 months later...

I noticed people doing reactions to Guns N Roses are getting their videos taken down. Saw a couple reactions this week on Dont Cry and November Rain and both are gone now haha plus the lost in Vegas guys coma reaction is gone, and they even avoided playing more than 7 seconds of the song consecutively 

I wonder how normal this is for people that do reactions on their channel? 

• Like 1

yeah - now the reaction videos are being taken down? seriously.... WTF? so fucking sad...

not sure if it was posted here (not going to), but the video with like 7 little kids listening was always one of my favorites. some of those kids really get into them!

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, smiley said:

yeah - now the reaction videos are being taken down? seriously.... WTF? so fucking sad...

not sure if it was posted here (not going to), but the video with like 7 little kids listening was always one of my favorites. some of those kids really get into them!

Kids now watch YouTube like we watched tv. It’s how they discover new content. If GNR is flexing their music rights on these videos then it’s limiting the exposure people get to their music. If you gain a few fans because someone’s favorite “YouTube personality” reacted to it then you are gaining so much more than you are going to by shutting this content down. 

It just falls in line with gnr’s backwards marketing. GNR has the perfect catalogue to dive into. Once you get past AFD and discover how great these guys were, how much talent there was, then it’s so easy to become a fan. It’s unfortunate that fewer of the bigger channels will be helping this discovery due to being shutdown. 

4 hours ago, IncitingChaos said:

Kids now watch YouTube like we watched tv. It’s how they discover new content. If GNR is flexing their music rights on these videos then it’s limiting the exposure people get to their music. If you gain a few fans because someone’s favorite “YouTube personality” reacted to it then you are gaining so much more than you are going to by shutting this content down. 

It just falls in line with gnr’s backwards marketing. GNR has the perfect catalogue to dive into. Once you get past AFD and discover how great these guys were, how much talent there was, then it’s so easy to become a fan. It’s unfortunate that fewer of the bigger channels will be helping this discovery due to being shutdown. 

What's really sad is that TB allow a vindictive little kid have the authority to pull these videos... (allegedly :lol: )

13 hours ago, DTV88 said:

What's really sad is that TB allow a vindictive little kid have the authority to pull these videos... (allegedly :lol: )

Well, TB and GNR don't give a shit. They loaded their pockets with $$ from NITL and why would they careif some new kinds know about them or not. They always can run another leg of tour if they find necessary... still lot older people who would gladly pay extra to see them live...