Appetite for Distortion - Ep. 69: Jimmy Ashurst. the Ju Ju Hounds

• downzy pinned this topic

Just listened to it now. This is one of the best interviews I heard from your podcast. Love it. Jimmy talked real lively, it was full of laughs. Thanks for that. :headbang:

Also I can totally see Jimmy as a co-host to a rock show! Can he and Rick somehow do stuff together? lol They must know each other.

• GNFNR 1

It was a great listen, Jimmy can really tell a story. I’m a little disappointed that his book is not as far along as some of us thought it was. I say that not just from a juju hounds fan point, I also think  Jimmy gives an amazing snap shot of being a part of a music era, time, and place so many of us are interested in. 

@Gambit83 Thank you for asking my questions, nice to hear some Broken home stories, they were a good band I use to have all three albums on a MP3 file long since lost,  recently found gig footage on YouTube, bad sound but fun to watch. 

Such a shame nobody’s sitting on old Juju hounds footage, was certain Izzy mentioned it in an interview. Really wish we could lobby these guys  to do a one off for 30 years. I know Izzy has acted on fan pressure in the past.  :P

Edited by Archtop
  • Like 3

The best podcast I've heard this year, and I listen to a lot of This American Life and Radio Lab :headbang: Great questions with honest answers. Good job Brando.

Would love to hear you interview Rick Richards or Taz Bentley to get some insider scoop on the recording of all the other Izzy albums, their mini tour of Japan 2000, and they both have notable other projects too (Rick: Georgia Satellites & Taz: Duffs Loaded (v1), Rev Horton Heat, Burden Brothers, "4 Wheels No Axl" sessions with Izzy/Slash/Duff). They're both on Facebook so hopefully you can work your magic :)

• Like 1
  • GNFNR 1

On 14/6/2018 at 2:45 PM, Archtop said:

Such a shame nobody’s sitting on old Juju hounds footage, was certain Izzy mentioned it in an interview. Really wish we could lobby these guys  to do a one off for 30 years. I know Izzy has acted on fan pressure in the past.  :P

• To make available 1000 copies of an unreleased album (Like a Dog)
  • Replying 10 questions from fans

That's what makes him cooler besides his musical contributions. :headbang:

Just finished listening to the show. Jimmy's early Rn'r experience with The Damned, such a cool story.

He nailed it about the music industry. This is what i highlight from his recent interviews.

Keep it up @Gambit83Rock on!

• Like 1
  • GNFNR 1

45 minutes ago, Coma16 said:

@Gambit83 when is episode 70 coming out? Been nearly 2 weeks and looking forward to hearing the story about how all those recent leaks came to surface. 

Was supposed to record yesterday with Tommy Hollenstein (http://www.tommyhollenstein.com/), but that got moved to this Thursday. As far as talking about the leaks, I've been pondering about if/should there is a right way to go about it...

• Like 1

• downzy unpinned this topic