Why is Axl so calm and happy nowadays?

When I look at him on stage, he seems to be so calm and happy. We remember other times, when he was not like that, and it led to riots, fights and much more.

So what happened to him? Aging, medication, reunion - what? Do not misunderstand me, I don´t want old Axl back - at least not every day - but the change is so big that it makes me think what happened to him? 

All of the above, plus he is rid of Yoda who put dark thoughts in his mind.

But also, its because he seems to no longer give a fuck as an artist. No one expects peak vocals. He just has to shake his ass for the crowds and tell knock knock jokes via in-ears to the band.

Edited by soon
  • Haha 2

He's happy to have put the shit behind him, no pressure to release anything, becoming friends with an old friend again, and making shitloads of money (although I don't believe for a second that that's the main motivation for anything)... all this together gives a pretty neat equation. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, angriestwhopper said:

Axl gets 50% of the cut. 

They just played download for £6 million. 

Would you be really upset and unhappy? For playing the same old shit he has played since 1992?

Think he had lot of money in 1991 and St Louis as well.. but.

Edited by Loot Man
  • Like 1

Making a lot of money with guns after these year, seemingly no drama or legal situations, putting on solid performances, medication happy personally. Maybe some of those. 

Edited by MrMojo