Why is Axl so calm and happy nowadays?

He's just switching himself on, putting on a show, delivering the goods quite disconnected, for the most part. You can tell by the face and body language. The last time the "old" Axl Rose appeared in public must have been around 2006 or something. Whatever, I hope he's alright and feeling happy, guy must have been suffering a lot in his career and I applaude him for getting his shit together to still make music. If only he'd realise the more he opens up and shows the real self the more people will love him. It's what made me a fan of his in the first place, him being different, being himself.

• Like 1

its obvious that slash was the biggest weight off his shoulders this coupled with the $$ and recongnitation he is once getting again that he probably thought he would never receive after all the failed NU GNR years has made him feel more at ease 

i think the recognition from the mainstream and the $ is the biggest factor, slash back in the mix is seperate and this is the genuine happniness he feels he would be even more happier if izzy somehow rekindled the magic further 

maybe he's seeing Erin as well - you'd have to think that being happy can be quite related to having some sort of loving relationship in place - i only say that due to her prominent presence in the recent ISE video and slash being with meegan etc 

Edited by double talkin jive mfkr

1 hour ago, Loot Man said:

When I look at him on stage, he seems to be so calm and happy. We remember other times, when he was not like that, and it led to riots, fights and much more.

So what happened to him? Aging, medication, reunion - what? Do not misunderstand me, I don´t want old Axl back - at least not every day - but the change is so big that it makes me think what happened to him? 

Hes no longer heartbroken from Slash leaving in the late 90s

The last couple of years have been a time of redemption for Axl Rose. He got the monkey off his back by reuniting with Slash and Duff, which should add all the financial security he'll ever need. Furthermore, the high praise he received from most on his work with AC/DC had to be validating for him. The meds thing is certainly possible too if that was an issue. I won't pretend to know anything about it, but the things I mentioned would not have been possible if he was experiencing mental health issues. I'm happy for him. 

4 hours ago, Loot Man said:

When I look at him on stage, he seems to be so calm and happy. We remember other times, when he was not like that, and it led to riots, fights and much more.

So what happened to him? Aging, medication, reunion - what? Do not misunderstand me, I don´t want old Axl back - at least not every day - but the change is so big that it makes me think what happened to him? 

I reckon the tour is missing the odd axl rant every now and again.

Edited by Sydney Fan

He seemed pretty happy with Neo Guns 2011-14. You don’t get much happier than a moustache. 

But I think the botched release of CD in 2008 lit a fire under his ass for a few years. 

Things are so easy now that there’s nothing to worry about really. TB have really kept things stable since taking over. 

1 hour ago, DannyVinyard said:

These prescription drugs ruined Axl. Ruined his health, looks, character, and voice.

Ruined his character?  He looks happy, if it ruined the character that walked off stage, showed up 3 hours late, went on rants about how everyone wronged him, well thank heavens for that!

He sounded, looked, and seemed all in great health when I saw him in 2016, and by all accounts 2016, and a good portion of 2017 and the entirety of Axl/DC was fucking incredible.  And even moments this year as well even though he seems to vocally have a little more issues than the past 2 years

I am not sure what you mean by health too, the dude is far from obese or anything.  I will leave that ability to assess one's health to Axl's doctor lol

Edited by WhazUp

5 hours ago, Kwick1 said:

I agree with you. Axl appears to genuinely be enjoying himself.  it's good to see him having fun and happy. I think he grew up as we all have. 

I agree, and it is fantastic to see the past few years especially since the reunion, everything Axl related when it comes to being a rock star diva has seemingly changed for the better and everything seems a lot more positive based on seeing him on stage and even lots of the backstage photos.  It is for sure a change for the better

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, WhazUp said:

I agree, and it is fantastic to see the past few years especially since the reunion, everything Axl related when it comes to being a rock star diva has seemingly changed for the better and everything seems a lot more positive based on seeing him on stage and even lots of the backstage photos.  It is for sure a change for the better

I not understand what the people think Axl look happy because he take meds, for i know the meds not make happy people ,the meds just bring artificial happiness, not true happiness.😏

• Like 2

Yeah, I don't even get why this is a question. Resolving a years long conflict with someone you were once close with will lift such a huge weight off your shoulders. In many ways, it can make you feel like an entirely new person. At his age, I'm sure he's tired of being pissed off and welcomed the inner peace. He seems happy because I'm thinking he probably *is happy. I honestly don't think it has a damn thing to do with money. I'm sure the dude always had plenty of it, even through the bad years. I'm sure the money they're making is a nice bonus, obviously, but the source of his happiness is the fact that he's no longer involved in decades old drama.

• Like 2