New slash album - purely due to contractual requirements?

I have a theory that slash has a record deal that specifically states how many albums he needs to release.

Therefore the only reason he is doing this album is to get out of the record contract to continue with guns and is doing this tiny almost pointless mini tour to promote it.

If he needs to do more albums I bet he then releases another boring live album then a best of slash album from all the other albums with Myles.

My personal stance is that the only decent album is world on fire for the music - Myles' voice sounds fucking awful on everything. Nasely whiner (but seems very pleasant as a person).

Todd is excellent though.

Edited by angriestwhopper

8 minutes ago, angriestwhopper said:

Thanks for clarification.

Doesn't make any sense why he is doing this? 

I think he doesn't want to be dependent on anyone. He is his own boss and is the only one deciding what's going on. No record label that stops a tour or cuts of his money supply. Not sharing the majority of the earnings.

I think that are good reasons

22 minutes ago, Free Bird said:

Slash has no record deal as far as I know.

He has his own label Dik Hayd and uses Roadrunner (I think) for international publishing.

I could be wrong though

Edit: Blackstar was faster

He registered a new company/record label in 2015, Snakepit Records. Probably because Dik Hayd is co-owned by Perla.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

He registered a new company/record label in 2015, Snakepit Records. Probably because Dik Hayd is co-owned by Perla.

Thanks for that info. Hopefully Perla agrees to Slash's latest offer and all the buisness is his own again

1 hour ago, angriestwhopper said:

Thanks for clarification.

Doesn't make any sense why he is doing this? 

Maybe because he wants to do it for pure enjoyment and enjoy playing with the group of guys he's with in his solo band?  Sometimes, it's not always about making the most amount of money possible or needing to do the solo album to fulfill obligations.  If Slash decides now is the time to do stuff with his solo band, so be it.  I mean if everyone else in GNR is game to do a new album and tour on the backs of it, he's game no questions, but we haven't heard anything about it and you know how Slash is.  Slash wants to keep busy and wants to go go and go when it comes to making new music.

Edited by Anguyen92
  • Like 4

18 hours ago, Blackstar said:

Maybe he is putting this out so he can start making some income via himself and not everything linked with Perla? 

Yes we all know they love making music, but he is about to get well and truly shafted financially and playing guitar... is his job.

Im sorry some people cant take a joke. So i will stick to the facts without any jest.

3 hours ago, angriestwhopper said:

sorry guys I just don't get it.

Axl could slap his vocals on it and they could call it a GNR album.

It would sell better than Chinese and I'm sure it would kick ass like all Slash's albums do musically.

Yeah its not going to perfect. But it never is anyway.

Yeah but going all the way back to Snakepit, Axl doesn't want to slap his vocals on it.  

Slash clearly loves making music and he likes SMKC and he will continue to work with those guys in between touring with Guns. I totally expect to see more SMKC dates announced in 2019. 

• Like 1

On 6/17/2018 at 4:05 AM, angriestwhopper said:

sorry guys I just don't get it.

Axl could slap his vocals on it and they could call it a GNR album.

It would sell better than Chinese and I'm sure it would kick ass like all Slash's albums do musically.

Yeah its not going to perfect. But it never is anyway.

this album is been in the making since '14, all band members involved

Slash put out this record because he loves this band - it was already written , just needed to be put to tape and they will tour more in 2019 , IMO AXL will show up for a gig and GNR will put out a album in 19 , kinda been looking that way 4 a while 

http://loudwire.com/slash-record-new-album-spring-2016/

Slash already had the album written and probably mostly recorded before the reunion.  He just needed to put the finishing touches on it and have Miles do the vocals, which they did during the downtime of the tour.  If GnR does start recording again and go out on another tour my guess is we won't see another Slash+MC album again.  I could see Slash doing another solo album with different singers again though.

On 6/24/2018 at 3:02 AM, Ralphelmo said:

It wasn't recorded. It was pre-production all the way, they wrote 8 to 10 songs till the GNR reunion. Album was recorded this spring with addition of 2 to 4 songs.

Thank you for sharing these details of the new album.  I can't want to listen to the tracks!

On 24.6.2018 at 10:02 AM, Ralphelmo said:

It wasn't recorded. It was pre-production all the way, they wrote 8 to 10 songs till the GNR reunion. Album was recorded this spring with addition of 2 to 4 songs.

Sorry for requesting but have you some inside infos or did I just miss something regarding the 2-4 new songs?