Two titled songs

donny

things have been getting complicated lately. with these new leaks i have done a lot of googling to see whats out there, what i have and what i dont have.

some of these songs appear to have two names. can anyone give me a run down on whats what ? 

so far i have kind of worked out-

T.W.A.T is obviously there was a time

checkmate is the same song as jackie chan

berlin is the same song as oklahoma 

the blues is street of dreams

blood on the water is prostitute although sound very different 

going down and aint going down are two completely different songs which are unrelated 

madagascar and seven could be the same song ????

can anyone correct any mistakes i have made or add to the list ? 

Edited by donny

1 minute ago, ApacheChief42 said:

Wait did Berlin leak??

Naa, probably just confused at people saying Oklahoma/Berlin in separate posts.

They are indeed the same song. Axl confirmed this when he came here for the chats following the release of Chinese.

I'm inclined to believe Madagascar was one of the floating around "working title" songs. Maybe "Seven" since it does have samples from the film "Seven" in the solo. 

Who knows at this point? There were so many rumors floating around, only those behind the scenes know what was real or not. 

3 minutes ago, bdinan said:

I'm inclined to believe Madagascar was one of the floating around "working title" songs. Maybe "Seven" since it does have samples from the film "Seven" in the solo. 

Who knows at this point? There were so many rumors floating around, only those behind the scenes know what was real or not. 

that would make sense as "seven" and "madagascar" never seem to turn up on the same list but i thought it was all "cool hand luke" from civil war and martin luther king in that song. what parts are from the film seven ?

11 minutes ago, bdinan said:

Nah, Seven is not Madagascar. Axl mentioned Seven back in the day, when he came to the forums to chat with the fans after CD was released. Surely he would have mentioned if Seven was in fact Madagascar. Besides, Brain described Seven in 2010 like this:  "it's a timeless ballad with a blow your face off chorus and a suck your ball sack bridge!!!

29 minutes ago, donny said:

that would make sense as "seven" and "madagascar" never seem to turn up on the same list but i thought it was all "cool hand luke" from civil war and martin luther king in that song. what parts are from the film seven ?

"How can a person grow up with all this around them?"

"I felt this...fear!"

Edited by Sosso

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/film-composer-talks-about-his-work-on-guns-n-roses-chinese-democracy/

Seven maybe Madagascar

Thyme maybe There was a Time

The General maybe SOD

Leave Me Alone aka Soul Monster

Having said that Beltrami said he worked on 8 songs. So I think maybe we only got half. 

There have been tracklistings with Seven and Madagascar on them, Twat and Thyme. 

Axl confirmed all above tracks when talking about the second half of Chinese in chats. So...

14 minutes ago, donny said:

no. no way is SOD the General under a new name. you are having me on 

Hasn't the rumor been that piece of The General was used as the intro to the shows in 2002? Kind of like hiw Axl played bits of Prostitute during his piano solos on the same tour.

9 minutes ago, Underhardy said:

An island all alone. He feels isolated, but will weather the storm and overcome the challenges.

Madagascar is also almost 585 miles from the Isle named La Réunion away 

Edited by Sosso
  • Like 2

24 minutes ago, superloconoriega said:

it was actually ME who asked Axl about the different titles for what we know now as Street of Dreams... look up his response and welcome to the best moment of my life, LOL.... 

when was the last time axl post something here? and why he was here the last time? (this shit seems almost biblical stuff hahaha)

13 minutes ago, darkside259 said:

when was the last time axl post something here? and why he was here the last time? (this shit seems almost biblical stuff hahaha)

dexter was last here around the same time a new GNR album came out so yes very "biblical" 

Edited by donny

40 minutes ago, superloconoriega said:

it was actually ME who asked Axl about the different titles for what we know now as Street of Dreams... look up his response and welcome to the best moment of my life, LOL.... 

Or you could just copy and paste it for people that don't wanna dig through hundreds of posts for a one line quote.  It's obviously important to you, so surely you have it saved somewhere.

• GNFNR 1
  • Haha 1

The Jackie Chan clip was called “Checkmate” because that was DJ Razz or whoever it was letting Merck know he had unreleased material.

Leave Me Alone became Elvis Presley and the Monster of Soul which became Soul Monster.

The Blues was briefly called Stardust (you can still see references to Stardust in the released album booklet) before it became Street of Dreams.

Seven and Thyme are both unreleased songs.

Oklahoma became Berlin.

The intro for The General was the GNR concert intro from 2006-11 I think.

Edited by Amir