Two titled songs

donny

Am I imagining it or did we find out "Oklahoma" turned out to be "Riad n' the Bedouins"? I know that doesn't make sense in the context of the song because I remember Axl talked about the reference to being in court while the Oklahoma City bombing happened, and that doesn't jive with "Riad". Maybe I imagined it. 

6 hours ago, donny said:

that would make sense as "seven" and "madagascar" never seem to turn up on the same list but i thought it was all "cool hand luke" from civil war and martin luther king in that song. what parts are from the film seven ?

There are also parts of Braveheart and Mississipi Burning.

3 hours ago, donny said:

no. no way is SOD the General under a new name. you are having me on 

Come to the dark side. 

But before that Tommy is The General so suspicion lies with Riad

more. But Tommy did have writing credits on SOD. 

I’ll walk it back. 

Bach said The General was Axl screaming over a riff. So not the SOD really. 

Soul Monster and Atlas are legit. I give them the wasted pickled in a jar of gin stamp of approval. The General is also gin approved. 

Seven and Thyme are only confirmed by Axl as real tracks. That’s just not good enough we need triangulation fire. 

Zodiac and Quick Song there’s nothing on them. Ides the same. 

Edited by wasted

7 minutes ago, wasted said:

Come to the dark side. 

But before that Tommy is The General so suspicion lies with Riad

more. But Tommy did have writing credits on SOD. 

I’ll walk it back. 

Bach said The General was Axl screaming over a riff. So not the SOD really. 

i have never heard the General apart from that 30 second clip from the old gigs. but i have heard about Axl's epic screaming vocals in the song. with that in mind i would say its more like a 10 minute version of better/ say cross the song better with estranged ????? 

28 minutes ago, TiedHands said:

Am I imagining it or did we find out "Oklahoma" turned out to be "Riad n' the Bedouins"? I know that doesn't make sense in the context of the song because I remember Axl talked about the reference to being in court while the Oklahoma City bombing happened, and that doesn't jive with "Riad". Maybe I imagined it. 

Not that I know of. But there are connections between Erin and Riad. If Riad was Erin’s lawyer then we have a theory. Riad the lawyer and his bedouin clients. 

Bach could clear up what has been released from what he heard. But he’s MIA. 

Edited by wasted

1 hour ago, Amir said:

The Jackie Chan clip was called “Checkmate” because that was DJ Razz or whoever it was letting Merck know he had unreleased material.

Leave Me Alone became Elvis Presley and the Monster of Soul which became Soul Monster.

The Blues was briefly called Stardust (you can still see references to Stardust in the released album booklet) before it became Street of Dreams.

Seven and Thyme are both unreleased songs.

Oklahoma became Berlin.

The intro for The General was the GNR concert intro from 2006-11 I think.

Bach described The General as a song with screaming vocals. Axl said it was the sequel to Estranged. 

I hope The General is about The Art of War. 

4 minutes ago, donny said:

i have never heard the General apart from that 30 second clip from the old gigs. but i have heard about Axl's epic screaming vocals in the song. with that in mind i would say its more like a 10 minute version of better/ say cross the song better with estranged ????? 

I haven’t even heard the intro, but maybe it is some Beltrami intro thing for OMG. 

1 hour ago, TiedHands said:

Some people have probably speculated that, but no, Oklahoma is not Riad. Oklahoma was the working title of an unreleased song now known as Berlin, as confirmed by Axl.

1 hour ago, DeadSlash said:

Bach is never MIA, he's just temporarily away from a hot mic.

He could just text me, no one needs to know. 

In other news, Seven was 02 so that’s distance from Madagascar. 

http://www.gnrevolution.com/song.php?id=3109

so Seven and Zodiac are 02 which is Bucket era and those titles are bucketesque. 

Edited by wasted

Oklahoma was said to be inspired by the bombings as well as a court date with Erin the very same day.

When it was played to Rolling Stone, however, it was an instrumental.

To this day, almost 20 years later, we have no evidence that any lyrics or vocals exist for this song.  Since that RS article, the only info we have is that the "working title" is now Berlin.  Again...song was still in progress....no lyrics ever heard.   It's possible this song is nothing more than a few riffs and two working titles.