"On The Road With Guns N' Roses" Slash, Duff, etc, talk about JHAudio in-ear monitors.

5 hours ago, Silverburst80 said:

I've always wondered what volume the guys on stage are getting, is it just a comfortable level or are they getting blasted too?

I'd assume a comfortable level. I know fuck all about sound and IEMs, but I assume they'd want it at a comfortable volume since it's going straight into their ears instead of coming out of a playback speaker. 

• Like 1

Yeah, I think the one engineer who said about going "louder, louder, louder" wasnt being as clear as he'd wanted to with what he meant to say. Along with what the other engineer said, I believe he was expanding on the idea that the in ears can convey the "grit" of the the air being pushed by speakers and speakers saturation, while being at a low and safe volume.  That representing 'louder and louder' is easy to do. The rockin impact of pushing air is represented in good fidelity at low volume.

Ones I've seen all have a cut off volume level that is with a safe range. Would be a million lawsuits otherwise.

1 hour ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

I wonder if Slash has Axls vocals in his mix, or if they would distract?

Of course he does. Better question is: what’s Slash’s honest assessment on his vocals since April 1, 2016. Instead of $200 for a boxset, I’d pay some cash for some tell-alls.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Silverburst80 said:

I've always wondered what volume the guys on stage are getting, is it just a comfortable level or are they getting blasted too?

Well numerous times guitarists or bassists go to their amps and literally press their bodies and heads to them to get some feedback effect. I'd assume they'd go deaf if it was really loud :lol: 

For example Matt Bellamy from Muse:

in-love-with-my-amp.jpg

13 minutes ago, Nicklord said:

Well numerous times guitarists or bassists go to their amps and literally press their bodies and heads to them to get some feedback effect. I'd assume they'd go deaf if it was really loud :lol: 

For example Matt Bellamy from Muse:

in-love-with-my-amp.jpg

If slash wants feedback, I guess he'd have to run backstage.

Edited by Gnrcane

On 6/16/2018 at 3:40 AM, GNRfanMILO said:

Just came across this video uploaded today by JHAudioOfficial. Pretty interesting as it features the entire NITL lineup minus Axl. Also Tom Mayhue and other crew members.

Some very cool shots of the stage, rehearsal room, equipment, etc.

Nice product sell!
So safe to say, Axl definitely KNOWS how he sounds ;)

On 6/16/2018 at 9:33 AM, rocco said:

Funny SCOM Remix in the background with the strings & beat

Probably made by Melissa!