Sketches of Spain - Sorry (Comparison)

Sosso

13 minutes ago, soon said:

@Sosso can you please help me understand more about what you're noting in the track? Im just on shitty earbuds and am struggling to hear any synth at all?

You can listen to that sound at the 02:48 -02:50 mark. It's the same sound as in the intro and outro of Sorry.

Edited by Sosso
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Sosso said:

You can listen to that sound at the 02:48 -02:50 mark. It's the same sound as in the intro and outro of Sorry.

Ahh, neat! That is the bit from the Sorry intro! Very good ears!

I think thats guitar - with wah-wah, delay and what not? Some harmonic tones.

Its sounds identical, so it could be that they used as a sample on Sorry. Id also note that Buckethead uses lots of riffs over in different contexts. Lazily, I can only bring to mind how many ways he's used the main cascading riff of Bent Light/ Interworld and the New Innocence but I think he does it other times maybe?

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, soon said:

Ahh, neat! That is the bit from the Sorry intro! Very good ears!

I think thats guitar - with wah-wah, delay and what not? Some harmonic tones.

Its sounds identical, so it could be that they used as a sample on Sorry. Id also note that Buckethead uses lots of riffs over in different contexts. Lazily, I can only bring to mind how many ways he's used the main cascading riff of Bent Light/ Interworld and the New Innocence but I think he does it other times maybe?

It was probably sampled either by Pete Scaturro or Chris Pitman. Both of them are credited as the keyboardists of this song. Scaturro was also credited with digital editing, which increases the chance that he was responsible for this sample.

Edited by Sosso
  • GNFNR 1

7 minutes ago, Sosso said:

It was probably sampled either by Pete Scaturro or Chris Pitman. Both of them are credited as the keyboardists of this song. Scaturro was also credited with digital editing, which increases the chance that he was responsible for this sample.

Nice. As much as Pitman is known for uncredited samples lol, Id say you called it with Scatuuro.

Really cool catch, man! 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, soon said:

Nice. As much as Pitman is known for uncredited samples lol, Id say you called it with Scatuuro.

Really cool catch, man! 

Thank you! There is always something new to discover on Chinese Democracy, even after those years after the release. 

• GNFNR 1

22 minutes ago, Sosso said:

Thank you! There is always something new to discover on Chinese Democracy, even after those years after the release. 

Just heard vocals I never heard on sorry.. SO MANY LAYERS

• Like 1

Just now, Sosso said:

Do you mean the backing vocals from Sebastian Bach? They are pretty much buried in the mix.

No oddly enough unless one of the last really high kind of near whistle notes was bach (sounded nothing like him), no there was an axl vocal I somehow missed and a really deep almost robotic deep followed by what sounded like a girls voice. Heard new bits on better and Riad too. It's insane the amount of stuff going on.

On ‎2018‎-‎06‎-‎17 at 12:25 AM, soon said:

Its sounds identical, so it could be that they used as a sample on Sorry. Id also note that Buckethead uses lots of riffs over in different contexts. 

He used some of the riffs from "Claymation Courtyard" in the album "Waterfall Clove"

• GNFNR 1

2 minutes ago, Sosso said:

I love the Pike series since day one. Each one of those Pikes is unique and special.

Can't count how many I've bought haha.. Some of the best musical pieces ever, forget Mozart it's Buckethead leading the pack.

• 2 weeks later...