SMKC Living the Dream tour New Album Sept 21

On 6/19/2018 at 11:04 AM, RussTCB said:

I don't think pre-sales are urgent are they? Slash shows don't typically sell out, do they? 

(that's not a shot at Slash, I'm honestly asking) 

Well no. but if the venue is not GA (like mine) then you better move quick if you want something up front. ;)

I've been so on the fence about this reunion so to say since it was initially mentioned last year but now that it's happening I'm so hyped for it. I've loved the band and the last 2 albums so I'm super excited for that. Plus Brent is a Winnipeg legend and Todd is local enough and I love those 2 so them getting out there again on such a stage makes me happy to see. Hope they hit Winnipeg. Got passed by on the World On Fire tour unfortunately. 

• Like 2

Cant wait to hear the new single -Living the Dream  - iF THE SINGLE HAS THAT GOOD OF A riff , iMAGINE how the rest of the lp sounds - Deep Cuts are always the best  on any album -ELVIS is in love with this album , 12 ripping numbers -cant fucking wait -Single dropped soon 

Edited by TMAC20

Flying into LA from Chicago for the Whisky show andcwas shut out on the fan presale, the citi card presale, AND the regular onsale. Now prices have been steadily increasing from $200 on StubHub to over $300! So frustrating. Hoping they’ll drop in price closer to the show...

On 21/06/2018 at 8:02 PM, Sydney Fan said:

i really wish he would add "doin fine" to the setlist and ill be spewing if he doesnt do an oz tour especially if the album is better than WOF.

Slash ALWAYS tours Australia with every album he puts out. Only ones he didn’t tour here were the Snakepit albums, but he’s been here for every other album since

On 6/21/2018 at 12:14 PM, Robert39 said:

Thats how you play slither !!!! The GN'R version doesn't get me , may be when i here it live it wil be better. I am pretty stoked on the new album, can't wait to here it. Is some body gonna stream the first gig ??

They.. Or Axl actually improved quite a bit... I dig it

On 6/22/2018 at 10:35 AM, El Guapo said:

I really hope the new album is more Rock n' Roll. I find WOF unlistebable, sounds like some kind of Manga Metal to me, especially with Myles' voice. :/

WOF was not Rock N' Roll?  That is a very odd assessment.. 

4 hours ago, metallex78 said:

Slash ALWAYS tours Australia with every album he puts out. Only ones he didn’t tour here were the Snakepit albums, but he’s been here for every other album since

Funnily enough they were advertised to play 2 shows in october 95  in support of the snakepit album one in Sydney and one in Melbourne. But the gigs were cancelled as guns was calling to rehearse for whatever album was supposed to be. Slash did a quick promo tour in sydney in early 95 for promotion of the album including an instore record signing appearance. Hope they  tour oz to support his new release.

Edited by Sydney Fan

2 hours ago, Tom-Ass said:

They.. Or Axl actually improved quite a bit... I dig it

WOF was not Rock N' Roll?  That is a very odd assessment.. 

Depends on your definition of Rock n Roll. The music on that album is very far away from blues based, stonesy, Aerosmith kind of "cool" Rock n Roll to my ears. And nothing about Myles singing style is cool or RnR to me on top.

40 minutes ago, El Guapo said:

Depends on your definition of Rock n Roll. The music on that album is very far away from blues based, stonesy, Aerosmith kind of "cool" Rock n Roll to my ears. And nothing about Myles singing style is cool or RnR to me on top.

But he was singing for led zepellin.

• 2 weeks later...
32 minutes ago, Naupis said:

Are we ever going to get a single or anything?

This album is turning into the musical version of if a tree falls in the forest and no one is there to hear it does it make a sound.

It has been strangely quiet in regards to this album. I'm waiting for not just a single, but for Slash to finally do some interviews while promoting it. I enjoy his lengthier podcast conversations with people like Eddie Trunk, Chris Jericho, etc. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, MidnightToker said:

It has been strangely quiet in regards to this album. I'm waiting for not just a single, but for Slash to finally do some interviews while promoting it. I enjoy his lengthier podcast conversations with people like Eddie Trunk, Chris Jericho, etc. 

I guess the burden of that will largely fall on Myles and Todd since Slash will be bombarded with GNR questions instead of SMKC. That we haven't got a single yet is strange. I guess we won't get it until July 24th earliest

Edited by StrangerInThisTown

6 hours ago, Naupis said:

Are we ever going to get a single or anything?

This album is turning into the musical version of if a tree falls in the forest and no one is there to hear it does it make a sound.

When does it come out? I am not overly excited about it for some reason.. I loved WOF and already bought tickets for the show but for some reason I am not super excited about the album. I'll still go to the store and buy it the day it comes out though ;)

On 18/06/2018 at 4:44 PM, Gibson_Guy87 said:

Modern rock singers better than Myles?

Corey Taylor, M. Shadows, Dave Grohl

Corey is a great singer. M Shadow's is fine, but way too nasaly for my liking. Dave is good but you can't compare Myles with Dave both are completely different with the exception that they play rock music. 

Also it's quiet because there's no single yet. And there's no single because Slash is out with GNR. He needs a window to promote properly. I'd imagine a single is out by the end if July at the latest. 

Edited by Tom2112
  • Like 1