SMKC Living the Dream tour New Album Sept 21

to each their own man , Dave Grohl u gotta be fucking kidding, M shadows -good singer - Coey Taylor good singer , SLASH  worked with C Taylor and cut demos , he  said this guy isnt cutting it , still not better than Myles IMO 

FROM this teaser sounds fucking mean I love that - ELVIS has  created a Epic Sound 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, TMAC20 said:

to each their own man , Dave Grohl u gotta be fucking kidding, M shadows -good singer - Coey Taylor good singer , SLASH  worked with C Taylor and cut demos , he  said this guy isnt cutting it , still not better than Myles IMO 

FROM this teaser sounds fucking mean I love that - ELVIS has  created a Epic Sound 

I'd take Jeff Angell from Walking Papers any day. Also, Im sure he is a cool guy and all, its just that I cant stand that high voice he has. I find it pretty annoying

Edited by GNRfanMILO
  • Like 2

14 minutes ago, Gibson_Guy87 said:

Modern rock singers better than Myles?

Corey Taylor, M. Shadows, Dave Grohl

Debatable.  All four of them are good/great, but I wouldn't say that any is clearly better than the other.  I just prefer Myles above all of them.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Anguyen92 said:

Debatable.  All four of them are good/great, but I wouldn't say that any is clearly better than the other.  I just prefer Myles above all of them.

Fair enough. I personally think Corey Taylor is the best of the bunch. He's a pretty versatile singer and has a pretty good range. 

30 minutes ago, Gibson_Guy87 said:

Modern rock singers better than Myles?

Corey Taylor, M. Shadows, Dave Grohl

All three of them are joke compared to what Myles' is capable of. And Dave is a joke to the other two. They may have the voice you preffer, timbre let's say, but technically there are not many singers on the planet that can reach Kennedy's level. Voice control, range, smoothness in moving back and forth from an octave to another, being aware of what he can and can't do. I also prefer his lower voice over high pitched screams, but those I still find more attractive than, for instance, Dickinson's in Iron Maiden. Check Alter Bridge's 'All Ends Well', chorus in that song is impossible to sing, and yet, Myles sings it live during his solo tour. I don't like Jeff Beck's tone and style but it doesn't mean that I think he suck, actually I admire how great he handles the guitar, because I know how much effort it takes to master an instrument, in this case Kennedy's vocal cords.  

https://youtu.be/6Bt4prWMeVM?t=4m34s

Edited by Ralphelmo
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I love Myles' vocals on metalinggus and a few slash records. But I only listened to apocalyptic love for Slash's guitar riffs, couldn't really stand MK's vocals in it and haven't had the courage to hear WOF. I hope this ones a good record... guitar wise at least. 

1 hour ago, youngswedishvinyl said:

Listening to WOF for the first time in a couple of months right now, great album! :headbang:

Oh and a controversial opinion, I love Myles vocals on the SMKC material! :smiley-confused2:

Me too! Can't wait to hear the new stuff. 

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, smoking guns said:

Lol @Dave Grohl. Dude has ZERO RANGE. 

Slash should do an album with Chris Stapleton or just get this guy and be done with it. 

Have you tried singing the chorus to The Pretender five times in a row? It ain't fucking easy.

Dave Grohl is underrated as a vocalist. I would take his vocals over Myles Dying Cat Kennedy any day of the week.

Another underrated singer with a great range is Ron Bumblefoot Thal, although somehow I can't see Slash wanting to work with him for some reason. :lol:

Edited by Towelie

Myles voice gets under my skin, but I am glad that Slash makes new music every couple of years. I' hoping for a monster of an album from him this time around. He has probably gone through a tremendous emotional period with the reunion, divorce, and his new lover. If all that shit doesn't inspire you nothing will.

Myles is there because he is easy to work with and after years of Axl and Scott, it was a nice change of pace.

I don't personally like his voice either, but it doesn't mean he's not a good singer.

I usually skip SMKC shows because of Myles being the signer/frontman but I'll most likely go to the Whisky show this time around since it's been a while.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Towelie said:

Have you tried singing the chorus to The Pretender five times in a row? It ain't fucking easy.

Dave Grohl is underrated as a vocalist. I would take his vocals over Myles Dying Cat Kennedy any day of the week.

Another underrated singer with a great range is Ron Bumblefoot Thal, although somehow I can't see Slash wanting to work with him for some reason. :lol:

Slash feat. Bumblefoot and the Conspirators... sounds interesting :popcorn:

The album would be a mixture of Contraband, Slash & Friends, Normal and the Barefoot EP.

Edited by Sosso

im staying on topic , This will be the rock n roll album of the year - The sonic sounds on the teaser, SMKC said it would  be 10 rocking tracks , looks like we may get 12 cant wait to hear it unleashed 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, TMAC20 said:

im staying on topic , This will be the rock n roll album of the year - The sonic sounds on the teaser, SMKC said it would  be 10 rocking tracks , looks like we may get 12 cant wait to hear it unleashed 

That would mean that they'll release two ballads on the album.

Just now, Ralphelmo said:

If there's a song driven by Slash's divorce thing, it may be the second (after Gotten) song that Slash wrote lyrics for :D 

Gotten is my fave Slash song so that would be interesting to hear

• Like 1

That very last riff sounds extremely killer!

It's the song that Todd was talking about, the first one chosen to be the single. "Heavy riff, makes you say 'oh yeah', one of the best on the album". I think that the very last riff (or the one before) in that video is actually the intro to the song.

Edited by Ralphelmo