Is It's So Easy really a better opener than Jungle?

9 minutes ago, ChristmasFnatic said:

Or even Nightrain? Its been 2 years+ since NITL started, they keep opening with that song. Does it really pump the people up? Why dont they ever change it in this tour?

Yes! Have you seen them live during the tour? I saw them in 92 (nightrain), 2001 (jungle), 2010 (jungle), 2011 (jungle), 2014 (jungle), 2016 (ISE), 2017 (ISE).

It's so easy first makes it double the fun, because everybody screams twice, at the top of our lungs, during ISE, WTTJ.

I think Jungle first is a major buzz killer (everybody's waitng for that song).

22 minutes ago, ChristmasFnatic said:

Or even Nightrain? Its been 2 years+ since NITL started, they keep opening with that song. Does it really pump the people up? Why dont they ever change it in this tour?

No. Welcome To The Jungle is the ultimate GnR opener. Chinese Democracy a close second. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, TheGeneral said:

I like ISE and CD more as openers.

I like it when the band rushes out as the song starts, with Jungle there's like a minute of guitar intro before it really kicks in. ISE and CD kick in straight from the beginning.

exactly. in NITL, later ChiDem/UCAP/AFDem tours and also many classic era shows, they put WTTJ later in the show. 

and boy, sometimes it worked marvellously, remember RIR2? DTJ followed by WTTJ. great!

7 minutes ago, zombux said:

exactly. in NITL, later ChiDem/UCAP/AFDem tours and also many classic era shows, they put WTTJ later in the show. 

and boy, sometimes it worked marvellously, remember RIR2? DTJ followed by WTTJ. great!

Didn't they open with Chinese and then Jungle after that for the AFDem tour? Wasn't really a fan of that tbh. IMO Jungle works well either as opener or later in the set, but not as the second song.

In my perfect setlist we'd have:

CD/ISE/Brownstone/Jungle/DTJ

ISE is a song that IMO works as first or second, but not later in the set like they sometimes did during the UYI tour.

I remember that video of an Aerosmith fan who met the band because it was his 100th show. He told them that when they play Back in the Saddle later and don't open the show with it it throws him off. Same goes with GNR and ISE for me. (Aerosmith actually changed the setlist just for him and opened with Saddle, can't imagine GNR doing that :D)

• Like 1

ISE has always been the ideal opener for Axl because it gives him a chance to warm his voice up, because it's mostly in the lower register. So he doesn't have to launch straight into a high rasp.

That's why it's been used at the beginning so much.

• Like 1

Yea ISE imo is a way better opener solely due to how well Axl pulls it off, plus that base line. If Axl was on fire for Jungle im sure it would be a great opener as well. Quite honestly it is probably the best opening song I've heard at any concert ive been to with Def Lepp's Lets Go and Queen's We will rock you being close behind