the eating stuff thread

wasted

10 minutes ago, soon said:

Fair point about lamb. I think pig vagina plays a role in gaining candidacy the UK Parliamentary system, but beyond that I dont think we need it either.

Just rocked a sunny side up egg sandwich on a croissant, topped with guacamole and crumbled smoked gorgonzola. 

It’s too hot to cook breakfast. A bowl of Coco Balls and hit the bricks. But I did see some Poke places to check out. Pig vagina is crunchy. Much like cartilage. 

Edited by wasted

3 hours ago, soon said:

I love it too - definitely a favourite. It costs up there even?! That sucks. I cant begin to imagine how much better it tastes fresh caught, though! :headbang:

Yeah up here wild caught salmon (red, silver- not king) averages around $14.99 a lb and halibut is even more around $16-19.99 a lb.

I wish I could buy it more....fresh caught, wild fish is great!

• GNFNR 1

This is pretty good.  Got basil everywhere!

Basil Dip

1C sour cream, 1C cream cheese, 4 basil sprigs. 1 clove garlic, 2 oregano sprigs, 1T parmesan cheese

Strip basil and oregano leaves off sprig.  Blend everything together in blender, refrigerate overnight and serve with raw vegetables.

• 4 weeks later...
11 hours ago, spunko12345 said:

I've decided to become a vegan. It's been 20 minutes since I last had milk in my cereal and I'm starting to feel the benefits already.

I tried that once, fuck knows why.  Its a weird thing but despite the fact that I eat fuckin' 99.9% meat and have done all my life I actually quite agree with the Morrissean principles of it all.  10 days I lasted and literally everyone I knew took the fuckin' piss out of me so mercilessly at every meal time that in the end I just went fuck it and went out and got a half pounder and chips, which shows my commitment levels to principles :lol:  Should've heard the jibes though:

'Alright Mr Patel, its nearly lentil time!'

'fuck me, someones farted, is there a vegetarian in the room?'

'oi Len, how does a veggie poof have a wank?  stick a turnip up his arse?  hurr hurr'.

Edited by Len Cnut
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Len Cnut said:

I tried that once, fuck knows why.  Its a weird thing but despite the fact that I eat fuckin' 99.9% meat and have done all my life I actually quite agree with the Morrissean principles of it all.  10 days I lasted and literally everyone I knew took the fuckin' piss out of me so mercilessly at every meal time that in the end I just went fuck it and went out and got a half pounder and chips, which shows my commitment levels to principles :lol:  Should've heard the jibes though:

'Alright Mr Patel, its nearly lentil time!'

'fuck me, someones farted, is there a vegetarian in the room?'

'oi Len, how does a veggie poof have a wank?  stick a turnip up his arse?  hurr hurr'.

Your old man?

36 minutes ago, lukepowell1988 said:

No matter how much you paid me I would never go vegan 

I find the principle 100% admirable and, argued through, with logic, you (or I anyway) can't realy argue with it.  It is absolutely the correct thing to do, morally speaking, as I see it.  I think about these things and I think 'well, why don't you do it?'.  And the truth is that, in the final reckoning, I don't give a fuck.  Its sort of like paying for music, really and truly, its the right thing to do (perhaps on a slightly less inportant level)...but fuck that :lol: 

I think the overall moral advancement of our species is, perhaps, on some minute level, balanced on such hypocrisies.  We'll piss and moan about animals getting mistreated, go on some youtube vids and fuckin' twitter thingies and you'll find people wishing death on other human beings for putting an animal through discomfort or distress and yet those same people don't mind tucking into a bacon sarnie, its absolutely morally inconsistent.  To, on the one hand, say 'oh animals are living beings too, they deserve respect, they should have rights...unless you're hungry!' :lol: 

There is the old argument of course of 'just because you're eating them doesn't mean that while they are alive and when you kill them it shouldn't be humane' which is all well and good but I'm pretty sure Peter Rabbits top priority is probably living as opposed to how you're gonna treat him being you off the cunt and bung him in a stew.  A lot of the religious argument is about this, the 'humane way' to kill an animal, the fact that we as a species preoccupy ourselves with trying to find the 'humane' method of murder just goes to show what a bunch of self righteous cunts we all are.  Its kind of like those arguments about the most humane  method of torture governments should be allowed to use. 

Edited by Len Cnut

For a time I lived with people who ate what they called a "Mediterranean Diet" which was lots of light dishes and more diverse proteins. Only ate turf meat 2 times a week. It was revealing to discover that one could sustain themselves that way. In the last year, somewhat informed by that experience, I started eating one day a week vegetarian and one day vegan. I do it for the ecological aspects but varying proteins sources is good for us too.

And still since this diet I found out I was consuming too much red meat (arm pits started to smell almost beefy), so don't you worry about me :lol:

22 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

There is the old argument of course of 'just because you're eating them doesn't mean that while they are alive and when you kill them it shouldn't be humane' which is all well and good but I'm pretty sure Peter Rabbits top priority is probably living as opposed to how you're gonna treat him being you off the cunt and bung him in a stew.

Yeah, when those farming practices are just for the warm and fuzzies it makes no sense. But free range chicken and pasture raised meats actually have a different, more nutrient-dense profile and are far more healthy for us to eat. They have a balanced omega fatty acid profile that is unheard of in factory meats. And they dont require all the antibiotics and stuff to counter act the dire living conditions in small pens.

:lol:

Yeah, when those farming practices are just for the warm and fuzzies it makes no sense. But free range chicken and pasture raised meats actually have a different, more nutrient-dense profile and are far more healthy for us to eat. They have a balanced omega fatty acid profile that is unheard of in factory meats. And they dont require all the antibiotics and stuff to counter act the dire living conditions in small pens.

Which in a way makes it even more sinister when looking at it through humanitarian eyes.  That basically the best reason that we can come up with for treating animals humane is less to do with being humane and more to do with how good they'll be for ourself when we finally eat them.

6 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

Which in a way makes it even more sinister when looking at it through humanitarian eyes.  That basically the best reason that we can come up with for treating animals humane is less to do with being humane and more to do with how good they'll be for ourself when we finally eat them.

I think its a case of whats good for the goose is good for the gander. Also its way better for the environment. Using bio-dynamic practices can even 'heal' the land from industrial damage. Factory farming hasn't been around all that long so its just reverting back to the long standing farming practices. Chickens make fun pets too! Some are very social and like to be held. But factory chickens shouldnt be touched very much because an illness could wipe them all out very quickly in those conditions.

But I take your point. Its gross when market pressures are more humane then humans.