the eating stuff thread

wasted

59 minutes ago, Gracii Guns said:

Is it just me, or does every f’n restaurant serve their burgers in brioche? 

Brioche is a sweet, dense bread. It is far too filling to be paired with a burger. I am deadly serious about this opinion. 

Totally with you on this. Burgers on white soft rolls only please.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

Atrocious eating yesterday, a Gregges' cheese pastie as Hors d'oeuvre, Asda's Rogan josh with Pilau main course.

Respect. 

I made a Balti with a packet I got from Morrison’s. I made garlic bread and had a bottle of gin. Wasted’s Commonwealth Disaster part deux. 

On 28/11/2018 at 2:36 AM, soon said:

Red curry chicken with mushrooms, peas and carrots, over naan.

You didnt pour it over the naan though is it?

5 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

Harold Shipmans on death row, they ask him for his last meal so he orders a curry...so he's just about done and the guard turns to him and goes 'so how was it Harold?' and he goes 'alright...I could murder a naan though'.

Naan, naan, naan, na na na, naan, Hey Jude. 

1 hour ago, wasted said:

You didnt pour it over the naan though is it?

Yes, I often like to overlap it a bit, or rip of some bits to throw in the bowl, to get some soggy bites in the mix. But in this case I had made the naan a number of months ago and it had been in freezer. So when thawed it was tougher. In addition to a quick warm up, I ladled the curry and chicken over it to soften it by steam. A fork and knife job. Still had great texture. Was perfect.

3 minutes ago, soon said:

Yes, I often like to overlap it a bit, or rip of some bits to throw in the bowl, to get some soggy bites in the mix. But in this case I had made the naan a number of months ago and it had been in freezer. So when thawed it was tougher. In addition to a quick warm up, I ladled the curry and chicken over it to soften it by steam. A fork and knife job. Still had great texture. Was perfect.

It’s like when I pour beans on cheese on toast. It’s not traditional but it works. 

8 minutes ago, wasted said:

It’s like when I pour beans on cheese on toast. It’s not traditional but it works. 

That sounds good, like a cowboys pizza. Fiber, protein, vitamins, calcium - its got it all.

Sometimes when I go to all you can eat sushi I only eat tempura, bbq squid and miso soup - no rolls.

6 minutes ago, soon said:

That sounds good, like a cowboys pizza. Fiber, protein, vitamins, calcium - its got it all.

Sometimes when I go to all you can eat sushi I only eat tempura, bbq squid and miso soup - no rolls.

I sort of burned out on japanese to the point I go japanese curry or eel rice bowl. On Christmas eve I’m going on a cruise to japan. I’ve got a feeling it’s going to be japanese buffet for 4 days.

12 minutes ago, wasted said:

I sort of burned out on japanese to the point I go japanese curry or eel rice bowl. On Christmas eve I’m going on a cruise to japan. I’ve got a feeling it’s going to be japanese buffet for 4 days.

I think there's 4 types of Wagyu, hopefully each day will feature some nice steaks. Japanese cuisine is free of cheese from what I know? Thats what I would struggle with most. But yeah, you're prolly gonna carbo load to Japan and back.

16 minutes ago, soon said:

I think there's 4 types of Wagyu, hopefully each day will feature some nice steaks. Japanese cuisine is free of cheese from what I know? Thats what I would struggle with most. But yeah, you're prolly gonna carbo load to Japan and back.

They do some sort of chese curry rice but that’s not brie or cheddar. It’s sukayaki and takoyaki. I might smuugle some snickers on board.

1 minute ago, DieselDaisy said:

Searching through my oriental shelf I discovered a block of unopened tofu with a 2012 best before date.

Best before doesnt mean much. When does it expire. It’s tofu though, throw it out before you eat it.   

• Like 1