the eating stuff thread

wasted

Fresh rosemary, fresh basil, dried sage, cinnamon, garlic, gorgonzola, onion, bacon, horseradish, shrimp, cream, mushrooms, aged cheddar, goat cheese, almonds, walnuts, honey...:drool::drool: I was walking in clouds as I shopped, while the other humans clawed and screamed at one another to a sound track of Holly Jolly Christmas. :lol:

Rosemary Chicken Cacciatore with Basil and Aged Cheddar Scalloped Potatoes + Pickled Beets, Candies Walnuts and Goat Cheese Salad

Club Sandwich

Bacon/Eggs/Beans/Toast

Blue Cheese and Garlic Mashed Potatoes 

Shrimp Ring with Seafood Sauce

Cinnamon Toast/Yogurt/Granola

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Im hosting a little Super Bowl party tomorrow. Im doing pepperoni pizzas, buffalo wings with blue cheese dip and nachos with cheese sauce and guac. And veg platter.

Ive got the pizza dough fermenting, the drumsticks marinating and I pressed out and cooked the tortilla (from my garden raised corn!) so I will just have to fry em up tomorrow.

Now I just have to figure out what teams are playing and practice my poker face when someone inevitably expresses excitement that Maroon 5 is playing :lol:

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, soon said:

Im hosting a little Super Bowl party tomorrow. Im doing pepperoni pizzas, buffalo wings with blue cheese dip and nachos with cheese sauce and guac. And veg platter.

Ive got the pizza dough fermenting, the drumsticks marinating and I pressed out and cooked the tortilla (from my garden raised corn!) so I will just have to fry em up tomorrow.

Now I just have to figure out what teams are playing and practice my poker face when someone inevitably expresses excitement that Maroon 5 is playing :lol:

Sounds good man, id add some finely chopped chillis to the nacho sauce. Its LA Rams V New England Patriots I think. The games last so long what time do you start cooking the food? I'd probably aim to get the food served at half time, leaving the second half to get cracking on the beer with a lined stomach. The nachos of course can be consumed at leisure as they accompany the beers so well👍

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, spunko12345 said:

Sounds good man, id add some finely chopped chillis to the nacho sauce. Its LA Rams V New England Patriots I think. The games last so long what time do you start cooking the food? I'd probably aim to get the food served at half time, leaving the second half to get cracking on the beer with a lined stomach. The nachos of course can be consumed at leisure as they accompany the beers so well👍

Thanks for the teams! And Im gonna see about getting some chilli to chop in there, that sounds delicious. Ill fry the nacho chips before people arrive and set aside. I was thinking to have the veggie tray out when people arrive in the afternoon. And then shortly after everyones here I thought Id roll out the pizza and all that jazz as a piece of entertaining - and maybe people want to add the toppings. Hoepfully the smell of it cooking should get everyone hungry. Then, as you say, there is a base for drinking. Was thinking wings in first half and nachos after that. But now that I write that I think people will want pizza and wings together?

6 minutes ago, soon said:

Thanks for the teams! And Im gonna see about getting some chilli to chop in there, that sounds delicious. Ill fry the nacho chips before people arrive and set aside. I was thinking to have the veggie tray out when people arrive in the afternoon. And then shortly after everyones here I thought Id roll out the pizza and all that jazz as a piece of entertaining - and maybe people want to add the toppings. Hoepfully the smell of it cooking should get everyone hungry. Then, as you say, there is a base for drinking. Was thinking wings in first half and nachos after that. But now that I write that I think people will want pizza and wings together?

No I think you've got your timings perfect there. Feed them steadily throughout but not too much in one go to get bloated. Definately nachos for the second half is a winner. I'm getting hungry now I wish I was coming 😂

• GNFNR 1

42 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

That is a ''Kebab number'' you were on, wasn't it? I.e., you depart the eatery starving, go around the corner and buy an extra large Doner.

I know what you're talking about, but no, there was plenty of food. I can't remember how many dishes we got, but there was sashimi, fugu, cod semen, barracuda, miso with duck, tempura, some other miso, that fish liver, and probably more that is now forgotten due to the sake. 

I have to say, the Japanese kitchen is endlessly fascinating in its traditions and subtle and exotic tastes. I don't like everything, but it is impossible to not respect the gravitas of the customs surrounding the craftsmanship and attention to how the tastes go together. Like Japanese culture in general. 

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Oldest Goat said:

You eat fish cum? What. The. Fuck. You're as bad as Leonard.

Not always. Sometimes I just let it ooze down my chin.

But seriously, I had to when invited out by Japanese collaborators to a fancy restaurant in Tokyo. There are times for being a picky baby and there aren't. That wasn't.

And on a coincidental sidenote, I was recently contacted by a Korean guy I know asking if I could help source salmon semen for a pharma product he is developing, so on Friday I contacted a Norwegian salmon farm asking if I could buy from salmon cum from them and how much they could deliver per year.

Sperm, what a glorious thing. You can eat it, you can use it to create your daughters the highlights of your life, and you can earn money from it by being the middleman in a salmon sperm transaction business.

5 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

They don't all eat that way though. The average Japanese housewife wouldn't rustle up that sort of cuisine. Things like sukiyaki are hearty dishes. There is also a dish with pork cooked in sake which I've forgotten the name of.

Sure, I assume they wouldn't have time to prepare so much food. But even just a simple miso soup and some rice and steamed vegetables is full of umami and Japanese flavors.