the eating stuff thread

wasted

As long as it's cooked through it doesn't matter. Takes longer though so a risk taking it out too soon.

The main danger of undercooked chicken (or any other bird), is getting a Salmonella infection. It doesn't manifest itself immediately (as when you eat spoiled food that contains toxins), but usually takes 10-12 hours before you get the first symptoms.

13 hours ago, spunko12345 said:

It's fine to cook chicken in the oven straight from the freezer right? Bit late now but if It ends up just as cooked as from raw what's the difference?

Surely the issue would be that it would be rank as the outside would be cooked before the inside is defrosted?

6 minutes ago, Dazey said:

Surely the issue would be that it would be rank as the outside would be cooked before the inside is defrosted?

You'd have to cook it on a really low heat presumably, to begin with.

I just wouldn't do it. I was always told to thaw chicken thoroughly. 

Edited by DieselDaisy
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, spunko12345 said:

It's fine to cook chicken in the oven straight from the freezer right? Bit late now but if It ends up just as cooked as from raw what's the difference?

Why didn't you just wait for the cunt to defrost, how long can it take?  I'm really happy you exist y'know, it means there's more of us out there :lol:  Can you not stick it in my microwave and defrost it that way?  Or get your bird to do it, whats the point in living with a bird and cooking yourself!

Edited by Len Cnut
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Len Cnut said:

Why didn't you just wait for the cunt to defrost, how long can it take?  I'm really happy you exist y'know, it means there's more of us out there :lol:  Can you not stick it in my microwave and defrost it that way?  Or get your bird to do it, whats the point in living with a bird and cooking yourself!

She leaves me to my own devices as i work later. She sorts out her and my sons tea though before anyone thinks i feed him raw meat and refers me into social services 😁

It takes 24 hours to defrost. How does anyonr plan what they want to eat 24 hours ahead.

14 minutes ago, spunko12345 said:

She leaves me to my own devices as i work later. She sorts out her and my sons tea though before anyone thinks i feed him raw meat and refers me into social services 😁

It takes 24 hours to defrost. How does anyonr plan what they want to eat 24 hours ahead.

I ain't fuckin' Keith Floyd or nothing but I have seen the odd microwave and they all have a button on them that says 'defrost', surely that is quicker than 24 hours.  Anyway, you ain't fuckin' brown bread yet so I think you've done alright.  I have a theory, if you fuckin' eat enough dodgy shit your system just gets immune, some of the shite I've eaten before now out of scatty little chicken shops and takeaway are like a fuckin' health hazard.  Plus if you booze a lot I think that kills of lot of germs and shit :lol:

Can't you put it in hot water or some shit? 

Edited by Len Cnut

17 minutes ago, spunko12345 said:

Usually 2 of my meals each day are thawed 24 hrs ahead of time. And sometimes it really does suck when you dont feel like that meal by the next day. With something like chicken its nice to have a variety of sauces available to suit your appetite when its time to eat.

2 minutes ago, spunko12345 said:

Maybe put it on the radiator for 20 minutes to get it started.

That doesnt sound right to me. But you can definitely boil frozen chicken. It wont be as moist, and will take a while. But its the safest option. You can flavour the water with garlic, ginger, herbs, soy, salt, etc if you want.

16 minutes ago, janrichmond said:

Pleased to see you survived and haven't shat yourself inside out x

Aw shit, we shoulda gave him crap advice like ‘the only way to prevent Salmonella after that is to down three pints of salt water...cuz the sodium neutralises the virus’, its times like this a spunko vlog would be the bollocks, we could film it and sling it on youtube, ‘mad taff pukes himself inside out’, we’d’ve got a million hits out of that at least :lol:  Oh well, can’t have it all ways I suppose!

• Haha 2

11 hours ago, Len Cnut said:

I ain't fuckin' Keith Floyd or nothing but I have seen the odd microwave and they all have a button on them that says 'defrost', surely that is quicker than 24 hours.  Anyway, you ain't fuckin' brown bread yet so I think you've done alright.  I have a theory, if you fuckin' eat enough dodgy shit your system just gets immune, some of the shite I've eaten before now out of scatty little chicken shops and takeaway are like a fuckin' health hazard.  Plus if you booze a lot I think that kills of lot of germs and shit :lol:

Can't you put it in hot water or some shit? 

We were staying with the missus' brother in Texas over Christmas a couple of years ago. We'd bought a massive Turkey for Christmas dinner and left it to defrost in the fridge overnight on Christmas Eve. The Brother-in-Law (who is an emergency room doctor) came home from night shift and ate one of the fucking legs completely raw. :lol: 

• Haha 3

On 14/03/2019 at 11:17 PM, Dazey said:

We were staying with the missus' brother in Texas over Christmas a couple of years ago. We'd bought a massive Turkey for Christmas dinner and left it to defrost in the fridge overnight on Christmas Eve. The Brother-in-Law (who is an emergency room doctor) came home from night shift and ate one of the fucking legs completely raw. :lol: 

Any particular reason or...? :lol:

15 hours ago, SoulMonster said:

Or something local? Caribou balls? 

In a city of 6 million there just arent many caribou walking about, lol. But, yeah, there is a huge hunter element to the foods (like rabbits popularity in French cuisine, theres many similarities to the old world).

Their haut cuisine is more worldly then local traditionally, but thats changing. There are a great many 'destination restaurants' that I have the impression you would really enjoy, but I dont really know that world in Montreal. Ive had some great wood fire pizza and macaroons at an upscale place in Old Montreal - Pizza'teque or Psychedelic Pizza (in french)? My french sucks so I dont remember the names so well.

But Id point you towards the local dishes more then the restaurants (only in part because I dont know them, lol). You must go to a patisserie for breakfast and deserts like Montreal bagels, Lox, croissants, pecan tarts, maple treats and all sorts of Montreal pastry specialties. And you must eat a Montreal smoked meat sandwiches at any of the classic/"original" joints. The best smoked brisket. Go to a local cheese shop, they have a very strong and proud local cheese and cured meats culture.

Of course Poutine is a must - and for the love of God dont buy it from a hipster! :lol: Also the traditional country side staple, the Tourtiere. Its a simple yet delicious meat pie with cinnamon and warm spices. If you hit an up scale place they might have an "elevated" version of it and Id say to give it a try. Large Lebanese and Jewish presence with lots of amazing foods, too. Lebanese is available on the fly and also there are some great proper restaurants for a formal dinner.

You will love their craft beer!! Its incredible. Theres a brew pub I go to often with some sort of reference to the devil in its name but I cant remember the name, they have a really fun food menu. All their microbrasserie are exceptional, most serve food, some only pub grub. If you have only one meal out, look up a brasserie / microbrasserie!

Great Jazz clubs too, with great food.

They love their St Hubert Chicken. It will be odd if you dont get hit by one of the 1000s of yellow delivery vehicles flying around town 24/7! :lol:

I'll end my Montreal food rant here, but will be dreaming about it all day long :drool:

Edited by soon
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1