the eating stuff thread

wasted

On 11/01/2020 at 4:31 PM, soon said:

EYOZ7gWh.jpg

Leafs fan, 8, gets birthday cake with meat company logo after mix-up

The boy refused to eat the cake stating that he "doesn't want any ham cake." :lol:

https://www.cp24.com/news/leafs-fan-8-gets-birthday-cake-with-meat-company-logo-after-mix-up-1.4755566

Okay, but heres the thing. This alleged mistake happened in Quebec, just outside of The Habs hometown of Montreal. I for one wouldnt put it passed the French to do this on purpose! Theres one in a Habs jersey right next to him in the picture, looking suspect! You gotta watch it with Quebecers! Shame on the French! :lol:

I would've done it. :lol: 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Gracii Guns said:

Almost, they're Raffaello which are white Ferrero Rocher. £3.50 from the Co-Op.

You'd've been beheaded in the town square in Redcar for such ostentatiousness. Ooh la la! Gracii Antoinette! :lol: 

• Haha 1

• 1 month later...
18 hours ago, Gordon Comstock said:

Pastrami and extra hot capocollo sandwich on a jalapeno cheddar bun. :drool:

Sounds great. Wouldn't have thought of those combos. Like NYC deli, Italian and Tex-Mex. Ive gotta bake some jalapeño cheddar buns!

I made donairs. Not sure if you know em - they're mostly only available in Halifax and Ottawa. If you have had one then you will perhaps understand why I chickened out of making the lovingly nicknamed 'cum sauce' and used mayo instead lol

On 2020-03-09 at 6:43 AM, soon said:

Sounds great. Wouldn't have thought of those combos. Like NYC deli, Italian and Tex-Mex. Ive gotta bake some jalapeño cheddar buns!

I made donairs. Not sure if you know em - they're mostly only available in Halifax and Ottawa. If you have had one then you will perhaps understand why I chickened out of making the lovingly nicknamed 'cum sauce' and used mayo instead lol

It's a good combo. Maybe next time I'll add some dijon mustard. :devilshades:

Have you tried any hot sauces by Pepper North? They're from Ontario and they have a sauce on the current Hot Ones season. I used some of their original ghost pepper sauce too.

Some places around here make donairs but I haven't tried them... and 'cum sauce' is not a good selling point :lol:

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, Gordon Comstock said:

It's a good combo. Maybe next time I'll add some dijon mustard. :devilshades:

Have you tried any hot sauces by Pepper North? They're from Ontario and they have a sauce on the current Hot Ones season. I used some of their original ghost pepper sauce too.

Some places around here make donairs but I haven't tried them... and 'cum sauce' is not a good selling point :lol:

With some dijon youd be getting near the full spectrum of heats. And you also added ghost pepper sauce? :headbang:

I saw that on the show and wanted to try some, but I havent yet. Theres a large selection of local sauces sold at the grocery store and I tend to just explore those rather than ordering stuff. Hopefully they will pick up Pepper North.

Ha, yeah the donair sauce, its just condensed milk, a mountain of white sugar and white vinegar! lol But the meat is so good. Its great as a pizza topping which they serve at the local donair shop. Luckily donairs are wraps so you dont have to see the sauce. But when you make it at home and then have to ladle it over the top of the meat and veg... :no: :lol:

Edited by soon

5 hours ago, soon said:

With some dijon youd be getting near the full spectrum of heats. And you also added ghost pepper sauce? :headbang:

I saw that on the show and wanted to try some, but I havent yet. Theres a large selection of local sauces sold at the grocery store and I tend to just explore those rather than ordering stuff. Hopefully they will pick up Pepper North.

Ha, yeah the donair sauce, its just condensed milk, a mountain of white sugar and white vinegar! lol But the meat is so good. Its great as a pizza topping which they serve at the local donair shop. Luckily donairs are wraps so you dont have to see the sauce. But when you make it at home and then have to ladle it over the top of the meat and veg... :no: :lol:

Yea, the original Pepper North ghost pepper sauce, it's called 'No Joke'. The grocery store across from my house got a few of their sauces, at some point I'll try their pineapple habanero sauce and maybe the reaper sauce if curiosity gets the best of me :P

Speaking of Hot Ones I ordered some more stuff from them recently - Los Calientes Rojo, and 'Brain Burner' which is gonna be on their new TV game-show.

Yea... pretty sure I'll never try a donair now that I've seen that video of him ladling cum-sauce over some meat, going "it's cummy, you saw it, er, maybe not, it's not cummy!" :lol:

18 hours ago, Gordon Comstock said:

Yea, the original Pepper North ghost pepper sauce, it's called 'No Joke'. The grocery store across from my house got a few of their sauces, at some point I'll try their pineapple habanero sauce and maybe the reaper sauce if curiosity gets the best of me :P

Speaking of Hot Ones I ordered some more stuff from them recently - Los Calientes Rojo, and 'Brain Burner' which is gonna be on their new TV game-show.

Yea... pretty sure I'll never try a donair now that I've seen that video of him ladling cum-sauce over some meat, going "it's cummy, you saw it, er, maybe not, it's not cummy!" :lol:

And Im sure that curiosity will get the best of you, lol. Man you are lucky to have that grocery store! They all sound good.

Hadn't heard of Brain Burner, whats it about? I only saw a short clip about the game show. Looks like Evans figured out a way that he doesnt have to eat the wings. He's prolly earned it. I have no idea who todays Hot Ones episodes guest is. A few like that for me this season. 

Ive been hankering to make a batch of fermented hot sauce. Im growing a bunch of Italian basil so Im trying to think what that might go with. Any suggestions?

Haha! When its in the wrap its fine, you dont really see it! :lol: Yeah, I love how in the end he decides "it's not cummy" and goes on to say "But if your cum did taste like this, then I could eat a lot of it." :lol:

5 hours ago, soon said:

And Im sure that curiosity will get the best of you, lol. Man you are lucky to have that grocery store! They all sound good.

Hadn't heard of Brain Burner, whats it about? I only saw a short clip about the game show. Looks like Evans figured out a way that he doesnt have to eat the wings. He's prolly earned it. I have no idea who todays Hot Ones episodes guest is. A few like that for me this season. 

Ive been hankering to make a batch of fermented hot sauce. Im growing a bunch of Italian basil so Im trying to think what that might go with. Any suggestions?

Haha! When its in the wrap its fine, you dont really see it! :lol: Yeah, I love how in the end he decides "it's not cummy" and goes on to say "But if your cum did taste like this, then I could eat a lot of it." :lol:

This is Brain Burner... wish me luck :lol:

brainburner1_1024x1024.jpg?v=1581383828

Ingredients: Carolina Reaper peppers, Scotch Bonnet peppers, distilled vinegar, lime juice from concentrate, kosher salt

As for fermented hot sauce with Italian basil... obviously I like ghost peppers, but if you can't use those then maybe some green habanero peppers would be good? You could also try balancing it with some avocado or maybe kiwi or something like that, I like a little bit of sweetness to cut through the salts and vinegar, etc.

21 hours ago, Gordon Comstock said:

This is Brain Burner... wish me luck :lol:

brainburner1_1024x1024.jpg?v=1581383828

Ingredients: Carolina Reaper peppers, Scotch Bonnet peppers, distilled vinegar, lime juice from concentrate, kosher salt

As for fermented hot sauce with Italian basil... obviously I like ghost peppers, but if you can't use those then maybe some green habanero peppers would be good? You could also try balancing it with some avocado or maybe kiwi or something like that, I like a little bit of sweetness to cut through the salts and vinegar, etc.

Fuck me! I think Ill pass on the Brain Burner :lol: Looks like its all peppers. Like its 95% of some of the hottest peppers on Earth! But I know you like thicker sauces but this is thick with no like sweet potato of carrots or anything!

I like where you went with green habanero. Maybe also some fruity scotch bonnet. I think thats a great point about having some sweetness. I know that basil and clover honey goes really well together. Although fermenting honey takes forever. Hmmm. Zeroing in on the recipe, thanks!

On 2020-03-12 at 11:29 AM, soon said:

...curiosity got the best of me, I went through their original sauce pretty quickly so I went and bought their black cherry and carolina reaper sauce. :lol:

Then the mailman dropped this off:

K222k22.jpg

1 hour ago, Gordon Comstock said:

...curiosity got the best of me, I went through their original sauce pretty quickly so I went and bought their black cherry and carolina reaper sauce. :lol:

Then the mailman dropped this off:

K222k22.jpg

I knew it! You are an absolute madman :lol: 

Everyone else stocks up on tp, and you stocked up on hot sauces! :headbang::lol:

Dang, back cherry and carolina reaper sounds really tasty.

19 hours ago, cineater said:

I'm making up Chicken Tortilla Soup.  Out of a can of black beans, substitute a can of corn.  Might need some more cheese for the topping and have to run to the store.  No virus stands between me and my cheese. :lol:

I let nothing stand between me and my cheese either!! :lol:

Tortilla soup sounds delicious.

Im having one of my sauce free donair wraps today.

I had Mexican seasoned pork with quinoa and kale. Harvested the last mature dino kale for that. Worth it! More dino ready to transplant.

Made a pho broth based lentil stew. Planning to make noodles today and then chicken tetrazzini.