the eating stuff thread

wasted

30 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

Actually sounds a right laugh :lol:  The fucking off to China bit sounds a laugh too but I doubt they'd have a ragbag like me.  What do you actually do over there for work?

Copywriting, editing mostly for advertising agencies or just stuff off upwork like ghost writing books. 

5 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

Cool, ghost written anything cool or cant tell?

Not really or known even. I did some travel blog entries, now I’m submitting sci fi stories. You just need to get in and keep peddling. I’ve done all kind of brands from HSBC to Coke Zero, Oreos. Seeing your words on billboards is always surreal. 

• Like 1

Just now, wasted said:

Not really or known even. I did some travel blog entries, now I’m submitting sci fi stories. You just need to get in and keep peddling. I’ve done all kind of brands from HSBC to Coke Zero, Oreos. Seeing your words on billboards is always surreal. 

I’d like to have a crack at that actually.  Writing has always been my think but like, without being a novelist or a screenwriter nothing much else has occured to me in terms of what the fuck else I could do with it.

2 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

I’d like to have a crack at that actually.  Writing has always been my think but like, without being a novelist or a screenwriter nothing much else has occured to me in terms of what the fuck else I could do with it.

Writing copy for ad agencies is the most profitable, anonymous and soul destroying thing to do. You could start with SEO type stuff or just writing short stories for a tenner online. Romance is huge market if you can get over the cheesiness of it. 

Just now, wasted said:

Writing copy for ad agencies is the most profitable, anonymous and soul destroying thing to do. You could start with SEO type stuff or just writing short stories for a tenner online. Romance is huge market if you can get over the cheesiness of it. 

I can shut out the Mormon Tabernacle choir if there's a tenner in it.

3 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

I can shut out the Mormon Tabernacle choir if there's a tenner in it.

The keys to the Ferrari are here

https://www.upwork.com/

you create a profile, apply for beginner jobs like do a kids essay for 10 quid. Money is in SEO but there’s all kinds of work on there. I write stories then sell them to people, after heavy editing. 

Edited by wasted

15 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

Soul died in the 70s, its all about money now :lol:

Well on there now is $250 to ghostwrite a Thriller, I have a basic book on my comp. i send to them and even if it’s not perfect they take it and either ask me to do endless rewrites or just take it off me. 

But there’s Entry Level stuff like write 270 Zodiac descriptions. 

Erotica or Romance is the money spinner. They want anyone who can churn out that stuff. 

Edited by wasted

2 minutes ago, wasted said:

China probably not the best place for that. Maybe Thailand is where Charlie bangs ladyboys. 

Come to that I wanna ask you something actually.  Whats the fake Rolex game like in China, I hear its mental, like near fuckin’ perfect fakes.  What sort of prices do they go for, if you have any idea about that sort of bollocks.

13 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

Come to that I wanna ask you something actually.  Whats the fake Rolex game like in China, I hear its mental, like near fuckin’ perfect fakes.  What sort of prices do they go for, if you have any idea about that sort of bollocks.

Well when I’m going down nanjingxi lu I wittle them down to 3 Mont Blanc watches for 100rmb/10 quid approx. But they will sell you one for 100. 

There’s two types of fake in China. Fake and diverted from the factory real fake. Like I got wireless Beats headphones half price before they were released in the UK. They just went out of the backdoor of a factory. 

Edited by wasted

4 minutes ago, wasted said:

Well when I’m going down nanjingxi lu I wittle them down to 3 Mont Blanc watches for 100rmb/10 quid approx. But they will sell you one for 100. 

There’s two types of fake in China. Fake and diverted from the factory real fake. Like I got wireless Beats headphones half price before they were released in the UK. They just went out of the backdoor of a factory. 

Rollies get made in Switzerland anyway so the second type of fake don't apply but what they do with watches, honestly, from what I've read, is fuckin' crazy.  I mean they'll never be Rollies but the fuckin' attention counterfeiting there is something else.  I'm one of those always authentic type people so I'd never get a fake, I either regard something like a piece of clothing or a high end watch as such a fuckin' work of art that I have to get the real thing or else I don't really care enough to buy a fake of it.  But Chinas like THE fuckin' market for fake shit.  I don't know myself but I hear there's a place in Shanghai, some kind of shopping centre, where you can get a Rolex Submariner fake thats like...to the layman like, fuckin' as good as a Rolex Submariner.  

9 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

Rollies get made in Switzerland anyway so the second type of fake don't apply but what they do with watches, honestly, from what I've read, is fuckin' crazy.  I mean they'll never be Rollies but the fuckin' attention counterfeiting there is something else.  I'm one of those always authentic type people so I'd never get a fake, I either regard something like a piece of clothing or a high end watch as such a fuckin' work of art that I have to get the real thing or else I don't really care enough to buy a fake of it.  But Chinas like THE fuckin' market for fake shit.  I don't know myself but I hear there's a place in Shanghai, some kind of shopping centre, where you can get a Rolex Submariner fake thats like...to the layman like, fuckin' as good as a Rolex Submariner.  

True there are fake markets of designer stuff which is all fake. Literally aisles of fake watches every brand. There was even a fake Apple Store at somepoint selling fake iphones etc. It had the glass staircase etc. 

So definitely you can get a fake Rolex. 

I don’t really care about designer labels or wear a watch but getting 10 dvds for a tenner is a good deal. You get all the packaging and a poster thrown in. I’ve had to put all the discs in folders after amounting 3,000 discs.

its all blurays and Steelboxes now. Fake Steelbooks. I only get movies I really like on fake bluray. I’m classy like that. 

There’s fake beer. Like a fake can of Heineken. You can always tell because colors aren’t right. 

Edited by wasted

9 hours ago, Len Cnut said:

What the fuck you doin' in Wales, why Wales?!  Well, I suppose the answers in your post!

I’m touring the UK. I went to Cheddar in Somerset because it’s the capital of cheese and now Wales to shag sheep and eat the cheese I bought in Cheddar. I thought the whole thing through in minute detail. In reality I just went on any train that wasn’t cancelled. I was in Bath Spa for a night too. Swartz Brothers burgers is the way to go. I drank 8 cans of Thatchers in the Hilton there watching golf in bed. Swanage too, on the beach getting sunburned like a pleb. 13 days til my flight. Might just go back Heathrow and stay in the Travelodge for a week.